Ford: Electric cars will soon overtake Gas

Dirt

Time Out
Jan 4, 2017
Is that one of the papers that said that Hillary would win?

....Sucker.................
One born every minute....

Yep, Teslas are gathering dust unlike your shrivelling balls....and mind.

Moob.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe this will help.

and this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_production_battery_electric_vehicles

Electric powered vehicles are not going away. The writing is on the wall for the end of the internal combustion engine except in special cases.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Electric motors produce awesome torque.
Now make each big brake caliper/rotor assembly into and e-motor. 80% of the weight would be on the tires directly so the passenger pod could a silky smooth ride while having the traction of a Hummer.
I would think a small gas turbine could be used to charge the batteries when on the road or as an assist for longer, faster speeds.

Electric powered vehicles are not going away. The writing is on the wall for the end of the internal combustion engine except in special cases.
The electronics for even an e-bike has regenerative braking so it can be mass produced cheaply already. At some point those new 20" custom wheels on the suv will be an e-motor at the same time. The engine will be turning a genset with an output of 480V so you will be back to 12mpg but 'what a ride'. (for the hot-rod' crowd. An 10 wheel truck of today would be a 16 wheeler with front/rear power and steering.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Now make each big brake caliper/rotor assembly into and e-motor. 80% of the weight would be on the tires directly so the passenger pod could a silky smooth ride while having the traction of a Hummer.
I would think a small gas turbine could be used to charge the batteries when on the road or as an assist for longer, faster speeds.
80% is a hell of a lot of unsprung weight. Do you expect to be able to steer that thing in a straight line on a Canadianized road?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe within 15 years , but for now worldwide use of fossil fuels is on the rise .

Yet use of fossil fuels are on the rise throughout the world .

Well, the plant's population has tripped in my lifetime and it continues to increase geometrically.

I wonder if there is a connection between that and an increased demand for fossil fuels?

Waddya think, eh?

Could be, maybe?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well, the plant's population has tripped in my lifetime and it continues to increase geometrically.

I wonder if there is a connection between that and an increased demand for fossil fuels?

Waddya think, eh?

Could be, maybe?
Maybe but maybe because more Chinese and Indians can afford it . But the cause is irrelevant the fact remains the use of fossil fuels is growing worldwide . And will continue to rise even if all Canadians used none .