DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If the right forecast is given a lot of people survive, if the wrong one is given a lot of people will die.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
When you approach men of higher intelligence whom you need to convince that you have a great idea, it needs to first make sense to everybody. For the ministers that aren't in awe of JT's beauty and soon to end popularity, are not thrilled by his spending, taxes, deficits and sheer arrogance. When you've done nothing for a year, someone is bound to start taking notice.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
If the right forecast is given a lot of people survive, if the wrong one is given a lot of people will die.

Forecasts have become quite a bit more accurate, meteorologically speaking. But they still can't accurately predict where a hurricane will hit and with how much force, I've lived through a couple that changed direction and made their full force known with less than a day's notice. It is still not an exact science but one that a great many folks rely on so a great deal of effort is exerted on it. Climate predictions are more in line with reading tea leaves.

More people will survive if they remember some things I was taught at a younger age, lefty loosey, righty tighty, sh!t runs downhill, payday's Friday, oh, and don't build on a fault line or flood plain.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Simple solution. We should make cars that trap all of the carbon inside. Other than that, it could be as fuel inefficient as you want it to be. Plus, you get a carbon-tax exemption ID card with the purchase of the car and can keep it for as long as you own the car. You might want to wear an NBC suit while driving granted, but hey, it's not as bad as the lefties say it is, right?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Copy/paste

Hello John
Just this week, Saskatchewan Party MLAs sent a message to the federal government that we will stand up and fight their forced carbon tax.

We had asked the NDP to stand with us to send a strong message to Ottawa that we are united in this fight to protect farmers, miners, energy workers, families and many others from the devastating effects of this tax on their livelihoods.

But the NDP chose instead to vote against our motion.

This week it was announced that in the 6 months since private MRIs have been allowed in the province, there has been a 10% reduction to the public waitlist and over $800,000 of taxpayer money saved. The province continues to put patients first through innovative solutions and NOT ideology

This week the province also announced that more locally trained doctors are working in Saskatchewan. Our government has been working hard to not only increase training seats in the province but also to retain local graduates to stay and practise in the province.

Thanks for taking the time read. Have a great week!

Saskatchewan Party
Saskatchewan Party

https://www.facebook.com/PremierBradWall/videos/10154775689334267/

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Simple solution. We should make cars that trap all of the carbon inside. Other than that, it could be as fuel inefficient as you want it to be. Plus, you get a carbon-tax exemption ID card with the purchase of the car and can keep it for as long as you own the car. You might want to wear an NBC suit while driving granted, but hey, it's not as bad as the lefties say it is, right?

So we will have to sit beside a bag of captured carbon. Won't this displace a passenger who will use another wheeled conveyance thereby adding to the prob.

I admit that I am a leading carbon producer, I'm addicted to heat. You shut my wood stove down and you're coming to fist city. 45 degrees in february and it's cold *** a witches ***, if you interfer with the draft I''ll carve you a new drain. I'll burn the whole planet if I get a chance, in february you can't have a big enough flame, open the doors warm the yard, fire is God.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
So we will have to sit beside a bag of captured carbon. Won't this displace a passenger who will use another wheeled conveyance thereby adding to the prob.

I'm only guessing here, but it think the bag of carbon will be the occupants of the vehicle and the other conveyance for them will be he hearse.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

I admit that I am a leading carbon producer, I'm addicted to heat. You shut my wood stove down and you're coming to fist city. 45 degrees in february and it's cold *** a witches ***, if you interfer with the draft I''ll carve you a new drain. I'll burn the whole planet if I get a chance, in february you can't have a big enough flame, open the doors warm the yard, fire is God.

Who said you need a bag to capture it? Just let it fill the car and close the windows while you're at it.

I'm only guessing here, but it think the bag of carbon will be the occupants of the vehicle and the other conveyance for them will be he hearse.

But it's all healthy. Just ask the climate-change deniers. I her it puts hair on your chest.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Well I'm of the abiotic school, the gift of fire grows here weather we do or not. It's a gift. Filters and reason are required to manage it's investment, it's a power we should take advanbtage of at the exclusuion of the speculators, a right rather than a commodity, the government eases it's passage to the citizens or they die horribly on skewers at the anual picnic. The Nova Scotia Liberation Party.
Free oil, our mandate expands at lenght on the wise use of hydrocarbons, weapons systems and sociaql order in the age just porior to the hydrocarbon wars.

I'm an oil baby. The age of reason just past.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Brad Wall's still blowing smoke on climate change

Three examples illustrate how Premier Wall’s ideas run counter to Canada’s interests.

First, his proposal that Saskatchewan (and by extension Canada) should get credit for exports of uranium is plagued by inconsistencies. It ignores the fact that the countries to which we export energy have their own commitments to reduce carbon pollution. If they choose to use uranium from Canada to meet those commitments, that doesn’t absolve Canada from its commitments.

The proposal also fails to mention the carbon pollution that Canada exports through oil, gas and coal — an amount roughly equal to the country’s domestic total. If Premier Wall believes Canada should receive credit for uranium exports, does he also support debits for those fossil fuel exports?

The second fallacy in Brad Wall’s solution set — and potentially the most damaging — is the idea that Canada should withdraw its $2.65 billion in climate financing to poorer countries.

That money is intended to help those countries adapt to climate change and leapfrog to cleaner energy systems, and should be viewed as one of Canada’s moral obligations. The world’s developing countries are the ones least responsible for climate change, yet they will be the ones affected most and have the most modest means to deal with the impacts. International climate financing is a central tool for wealthy countries — Canada included — to acknowledge and begin to address that wrong.

Shifting to a domestic front, Premier Wall insists on confusing the important debate about carbon pricing. Despite overwhelming evidence that carbon pricing accelerates the shift to zero-carbon energy sources while supporting a strong economy, he argues to the contrary and misrepresents numerous carbon-pricing supporters (the Pembina Institute included) in the process. Whether through carbon taxes or cap-and-trade systems, carbon pricing should be an important plank in effective climate change plans.

Thankfully, the federal government and a growing number of provinces representing more than 80 per cent of Canadians — including Ontario, Québec, Alberta and B.C. — have moved past the yes-or-no debate on carbon pricing, and are focused on more important issues such as how to invest the revenue. Getting those decisions right will help provinces target their specific opportunities and challenges, and strengthen overall provincial and national efforts to fight climate change.

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/10/28/brad-walls-still-blowing-smoke-on-climate-change/

It's unfortunate flossy that you're buying into this climate crap. But I guess brain washing is alive and well.

While the science is NOT settled, despite what you and all the lefties claim, you want to pay and pay and pay - all for nothing. I, however, want to know that our children and their children will have some sort of have decent life down the road and at the rate governments want to tax us, our future citizens are in for a rude awakening. They will not enjoy the benefits of our resources (which will be kyboshed and become very expensive aka Ontario) and technologies that we currently have or will have down the road. The average joe will become poorer simply to satisfy those who already have more then their share because they're not satisfied with what they have - they want more.

Might I ask you - whose pockets are being lined? Are yours because mine sure the hell isn't!! Who but the elitists are pushing for this climate BS? Is it the average joe? No, its the Al Gores, the David Suzuki's the unelected UN bureaucrats, etc. etc. In otherwords, those who have. By taxing the hell out of us, who is it going hurt? The Trudeau's? Rockefellers? The Movie stars like Leo DiCaprio or the Michael Moore's of the world? Hell no - their attitude is do as I say and not as I do! It's the guys that make $20,000 - $50,000 a year (give or take) with families. Anyone making under that will be generously subsidized at our expense. It's the lower - middle class that will bear the brunt of excessive taxation.

I sure am glad you are able to sleep at night, knowing that the hoity-toity's, will continue on with their lives while drastically changing everyone else's.

The climate has always changed and will always change and nothing we do will change that fact. Mother nature cannot be controlled by government or lefty indict.

Our world is doing fine without any carbon tax (or whatever) since technology has come a long way over the last 2 decades. People are our greatest resource, and as we have in the past, we will continually improve as we discover and innovate various ideas because it makes sense to do so. It's called "moving forward" or "evolving" in case you are wondering.

Governments are only good for 3 things: taxation, regulation and intervention; and not always for the good of the whole. Unfortunately, our current government (Federal) and some provincial governments feel that intervention is good when, in fact, it's mostly bad. Governments cannot create jobs; they cannot control the climate and they sure the hell cannot control their spending.

I'd be REALLY careful what to wish for - you may not like it down the road.

Just sayin'

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
A carbon tax is a good thing if it first goes towards paying the debt and then towards lowering value added taxes, income taxes, tariffs, etc.

It's like a cigarette or alcohol tax.

Honestly, I'd say most tax revenue should come from 'sin' taxes and fines, taxes on carbon, alcohol, cigarettes, meat, etc.

You don't want to pay tax, then act responsibly and you won't pay taxes. Unfortunately, our present tax system is not set up that way.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
A carbon tax is a good thing if it first goes towards paying the debt and then towards lowering value added taxes, income taxes, tariffs, etc.

It's like a cigarette or alcohol tax.

Honestly, I'd say most tax revenue should come from 'sin' taxes and fines, taxes on carbon, alcohol, cigarettes, meat, etc.

You don't want to pay tax, then act responsibly and you won't pay taxes. Unfortunately, our present tax system is not set up that way.

First let me emphasize I am not saying you are an idiot, but.Carbon is the stuff of life and I will repect no law with my respect to generate same. You will exclude yourself from my presance while I burn some energy off for my battery.
You would have us endure the cold, naked, monster.

Do you really want to tax long underwear?