NEB vs Province of Quebec

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
All I got from that link was 350 militants, 40 years and what appeared to be sexual assault. Sounds just about right for the quebecois. :p

It's about First Nations sovereignty in Quebec.

In other words, if Québec wants to separate from Canada and not end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle, it might want to try to win it's indigenous peoples first. First thing's first eh.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It's about First Nations sovereignty in Quebec.

In other words, if Québec wants to separate from Canada and not end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle, it might want to try to win it's indigenous peoples first. First thing's first eh.

Yeah they can separate too. Same conditions apply. Take their per-capita share of the debt, develop their own currency and apply for a visitors visa to enter Canada.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yeah they can separate too. Same conditions apply. Take their per-capita share of the debt, develop their own currency and apply for a visitors visa to enter Canada.

We took everything from them, indebted ourselves through the residential schools, and now will pass them the debt.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
We took everything from them, indebted ourselves through the residential schools, and now will pass them the debt.
B.S. we taught them everything and brought them into a modern world in the best part of the world . And further more the residential school issue was brought about by native elders knowing that their offspring would have to live in a modern world .Abuse not withstanding more natives were helped by the school system than were abused .
Most teachers and administers in that system were committed to their jobs and preformed to the best of their capabilities and budgets .

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You ALL need a holiday

Possibly a holiday from your overwhelmed minds

Everyone should care about the affairs of the UN

The UN is the most corrupt and powerless organization on the planet. They are absolutely worthless and we should pull out and stop wasting our time and money on it's useless endeavors.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I think the Oka crisis was a good lesson. It embarrassed Canada on the world stage, making the government look like a bunch of bullies in the eyes of the international public.

If course Québec has to be careful with this too.

If Québec voted to separate, the world would look closely arlt how Anglos react.

But it would also look closely at how Québec would treat its minorities.

We can say we don't care. But China does care when it loses trade deals because of human rights. We too will care when foreign states pressure Canada and Quebec to respect their minorities in exchange for trade.
What lessons did we learn from Oka?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
The UN is the most corrupt and powerless organization on the planet. They are absolutely worthless and we should pull out and stop wasting our time and money on it's useless endeavors.
Thanks PN for bursting my bubble
Thanks for reminding me the UN is not a serving partner in oversight ,particularly within the common wealth
Now I can go to bed disappointed, there really is no place for confidence
No romantic Liberal thinking here

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I am waiting for a lesson

We learned to use a lot more force and end it quickly and definitively.
You think so?

How about those food banks ?

I think the NEB is useless to the Canadian public
I am scared to look at Board sitters on this useless big cost to Canadians "board",
I can already describe what the board looks like
Societies menace is the NEB,cowards!
Possibly names I will recognize sit on the NEB?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

I lost my virginity in Oka!

Really!

... long before that moronic mayor there wanted to build a golf course on an ancient Mohawk cemetary, though. The then Mayor of Oka was the stupidest human being in Quebec, bar none, that year. He was a greedy, corrupt pig. That's what we defended.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Not sure if you're bragging or ashamed. LOL

... long before that moronic mayor there wanted to build a golf course on an ancient Mohawk cemetary, though. The then Mayor of Oka was the stupidest human being in Quebec, bar none, that year. He was a greedy, corrupt pig. That's what we defended.

Bear Mountain resort in Victoria found some burial caves during development. The local indians were up in arms until they got paid a few million dollars. Then all of a sudden there were only burial caves outside of the development zone.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Really!

Well, we agree on something.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
Oh Boy !!!

The NEB can't find anyone who speaks French to take the place its corrupt commissioners.

He must find two people who are willing to betray their Nation for money.

Service Quebecers are scarce!