NEB vs Province of Quebec

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
My attitude towards the building of the pipeline.

Quit the BS and do it.

Inter-provincial trade is a federal responsibility, and the feds need to force this.

What you will get, and I am serious, no insult intended, is a bayonette stuck your ****, or a 8 inch hole blown through your 6 inch neck.

The elephant in the room in any discussion of Quebec separatism is civil war.

First of all, you are incorrect in fact. Canada is a state, Quebec is a province. That is the reality. You have no standing in international law.

Secondly, international law is a joke. No nation on earth would follow the tenets of international law when the very existence of their nation is threatened. Not that Canada would have to break international law to divide Quebec.

Thirdly, it is not the WASPs in Canada that want to pansy out of every fight we ever took on.............
No

Canada is a federation. It's a fact. No matter what you can "hope" or beleive.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
You want a war? I'm ok with that. Real Canadians and the rest of the Commonwealth will finish what we should have done on the Plains of Abraham and send you french f^ckheads packing back to France. Not that they would take you but you can go wherever you can find a new home. I doubt you would be accepted anywhere given the reputation you have made for yourselves as ignorant and arrogant and impossible to deal with. Face it, the quebecois are in a terrible position if you want to start a fight but have at it, please.
You talk about war. Not me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My attitude towards the building of the pipeline.

Quit the BS and do it.

Inter-provincial trade is a federal responsibility, and the feds need to force this.

What you will get, and I am serious, no insult intended, is a bayonette stuck your ****, or a 8 inch hole blown through your 6 inch neck.
NEB has the power to enforce Eminent Domain.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No

Canada is a federation. It's a fact. No matter what you can "hope" or beleive.

Yep. It is a federated state, same as Switzerland, or Germany..........and the state as a whole is a state, the federated parts are NOT.

No matter what you "hope" or "believe".

You do share the general inability of Quebecois separatists to deal with reality.

You talk about war. Not me.

Of course not.

You are not dealing with reality.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Quebec's rationale seems to be that, with the reversal of flow in the existing lines, they'll still get crude, and they shouldn't have to agree to host any pipeline that goes further to benefit anyone else.

So obviously Quebec would be willing to accept a decision by Ontario to shut off the existing lines to Quebec.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
LOL!

I live in New Brunswick, the centre of Acadian culture, and they are not Quebecois. A long, long way from it. :)
True dat. Let me tell you about my experience in NB. It involved a barroom conversation with a monoglot Francophone that strained my French to the breaking point.

Followed by a drive, west to east, over the ridges on Highway 2. The maples were turning and it was so staggeringly beautiful it took me ten hours to get from Houlton to Moncton, cuz I kept stopping to just get out of the car and breathe.

You live in God's country, my friend.

Thanks for Louisiana though.

I think.

:)
Lots o' boobs on Mardi Gras.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
True dat. Let me tell you about my experience in NB. It involved a barroom conversation with a monoglot Francophone that strained my French to the breaking point.

Followed by a drive, west to east, over the ridges on Highway 2. The maples were turning and it was so staggeringly beautiful it took me ten hours to get from Houlton to Moncton, cuz I kept stopping to just get out of the car and breathe.

You live in God's country, my friend.

I just drove down that same stretch of highway yesterday.....no colour yet, but you can't beat the St. John River valley for beauty.......

My family's old homestead is in the hills of Albert Co., the last gasp, so to speak, of the Appalachian Mountains, and man do they go colour in the fall.........and I get to tell people I'm a hillbilly. :)

Thanks TCS, that was a very nice post, and yeah, I already knew it was God's country. :)

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
Yep. It is a federated state, same as Switzerland, or Germany..........and the state as a whole is a state, the federated parts are NOT.

Federated states are federated states. Not more or less.

Quebec's rationale seems to be that, with the reversal of flow in the existing lines, they'll still get crude, and they shouldn't have to agree to host any pipeline that goes further to benefit anyone else.

So obviously Quebec would be willing to accept a decision by Ontario to shut off the existing lines to Quebec.

Yep, no problem. We can buy our oil from several places.

Talking about shut off valve. If the east energy pipeline is built, will we have a hand on a shut-off valve ?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Federated states are federated states. Not more or less.

Yep, no problem. We can buy our oil from several places.

Talking about shut off valve. If the east energy pipeline is built, will we have a hand on a shut-off valve ?

Just wondering if you're familiar with bill c-51. It makes threats like that 'terrorist activities'. Now I'm actually hoping all the quebecois get labelled terrorists because that is really what you are. Maybe we can get lucky and they will round you all up and ship you to Gitmo.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just wondering if you're familiar with bill c-51. It makes threats like that 'terrorist activities'. Now I'm actually hoping all the quebecois get labelled terrorists because that is really what you are. Maybe we can get lucky and they will round you all up and ship you to Gitmo.
Queb comes of as a son of the FLQ, maybe even an old charter member....:rolleyes:

Well, I was an associate member of FTQ, for a while in '75 for a short time when I worked in Rigau :shrug:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It will be the Cree who decide what your Rights are if any.

The rest of Canadian Treaties would remain intact except for Creebec. They might even insist you leave.

That could potentially be the sivereignist movement"s strength.

Many indigenous Canadians will quite hsppily support federalism or Québec sovereignty according to their best interest.

Indigenius peoples can exploit the federalist-sivereignist divide to their advantage.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
It's fun to talk with you.

You confirm what I already thought about the gap between Quebecers and Canadians and where that come from. In fact, I think it comes from the ambiguous and obscure language of politicians who do not dare to say things as they are because they are afraid of having to redefine exactly what the concept of canada mean for both founding Nations.

Canadian refuse to recognize the Quebec Nation equal in law and value because that would involve redefining the relationship between the two Nations and, inevitably, resulting in a radical change of the dynamics of this federation. This statu quo's dynamic that serve so well the britano-canadians Nation since the first day.

The federalist in Québec still believe that canada can change to permit the Québec Nation development and, on the other hand, the sovereignist don't believe that the britano-canadians, that won on almost everything will accept to leave their advantage without having a divorce first.

I have to admit that the Quebec's situation is close to result on a No-return Point for Quebecers and we are close to pass from a rich and original culture to a folkloric culture, assimilated and "surviving", just good for touristic industry. It's sad, but it is what it is.