Let it snow: Temperatures to plunge to record low

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's Just Weather

• Snowfall warnings across the country
• Motorists urged to take care with snow warnings for Desert Rd, Napier-Taupo Rd and Rimutaka Hill Rd
• South Island roads impacted include the Lindis, Lewis, Porters, Arthur's Passes and the highway between Dunedin to Waitati
• Sub-zero temperatures expected for South Island
• Schools closed in Dunedin

The bitter cold snap is set to smash a weather record that has stood for more than a century as an icy chill takes hold of the South Island.

Temperatures are set to plunge to a frigid minus 15C across the South Island tonight - but it's expected to be even colder overnight Saturday.

Philip Wallace captured this footage showing snow falling in Wellington at the Rimutaka summit.

Let it snow: Temperatures to plunge to record low - Weather - NZ Herald News

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
who cares about new zealand idiot, i'm waiting for this heat wave to dissipate in ontario still

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
who cares about new zealand idiot, i'm waiting for this heat wave to dissipate in ontario still

Sometimes I don't agree with another s point of view and may even post a sarcastic remark as evidenced above but I find rarely do I think they are idiots. Just sayin'.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Hmmmpf. Guess global warming is a hoax after all.

I haven't noticed any warming in several decades, the summers are two weeks long now, summer of 2015, nude sunbathing hours have diminished. Why can't we invade some warm place, wedo have an army, what the fik are theydoing, capture a warm islqand or be dishonouraqbly discharged, from a cannon on Citidel Hill.
Halifax actually won the second world war. One of Canadas great cities. Birthplace of Canada. All Prime Ministers should be Nova Scotian.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
oooooooooooooooooohhhh, , the weather outside is frightful. But the fire is so delightful. And as long as there's no place to go, let it snow, let it snow , let it fuuuuukin snow