Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Get used to Trump, he'll be around for awhile!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
yes yes, and if anyone believes that a politician or a politician's wife (be it mooch or and melania) actually writes their own stuff...

#bridge

Nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game

anywho, since nobody vetted mooch's original speech it's tougher to check now but I'm here to tell ya kids that repeating clichés is not an example of plagiarism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc&feature=youtu.be

Uploaded on Feb 17, 2008
Barack Obama's Wisconsin speech from 2/17/08

That speech contained language similar
to Deval Patrick's 2006 speech called "Just Words".

and part deux

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Twitter has fun with Melania Trump's speech
By Brad Hunter, 24 Hours
First posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 07:30 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 07:46 PM EDT
Wannabe first lady Melania Trump is being pilloried by the public and the press for apparently plagiarizing parts of a Michelle Obama speech.
The slinky Slovenian's speech to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland touched on themes like hard work, family and honour. So did Obama's 2008 speech at the Democratic National Convention.
The faux pas triggered a tidal wave of butt covering among Republican operatives as wags declared open season on nominee Donald Trump's better half.
They attributed famous speeches, songs, political quotes, lines from movies and songs and celebrity quotes to Melania in a frenzied fit of glee under the hashtag #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes.
Here's a few.
Jesse Williams: "I, am Malcolm X."
Spyder Jones: "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"
Ian Burrowes: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Trent McCain: "I know why the caged bird sings."
Dionne Gipson: "Four scores and seven years ago our fathers brought forth to this continent a new nation."
Ed Brody: "I look forward to Melania Trump having a crack at Churchill's 'We'll Fight Them On The Beaches' speech next."
Twitter has fun with Melania Trump's speech | World | News | Toronto Sun

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, I suppose that there is always faint hope. Even Nixon wasn't 100% feloneous.

(...waits for his Red from Walter)
What do you hate most about Nixon? That he ended the Vietnam War, that he created the Environmental Protection Agency, that he refused to use military force against the Lakota at Wounded Knee, that he supported universal health care, or that he imposed a 60-day freeze on wages and prices to control an inflationary panic?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What do you hate most about Nixon? That he ended the Vietnam War, that he created the Environmental Protection Agency, that he refused to use military force against the Lakota at Wounded Knee, that he supported universal health care, or that he imposed a 60-day freeze on wages and prices to control an inflationary panic?

His bedside manner!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
His bedside manner!
He did indeed have that problem. But superannuated hippies blame him for the war Kennedy started and Johnson turned into a full-on cluster-fukc, and everything else they consider bad since the end of WWII.

Heck, they probably blame him for Jim Crow.

Just like the superannuated Klansmen hated Jimmy Carter and blamed him for. . . well, everything, until they got a real live honest-to-Gawd nigra to hate.