At least 2,250 of Canada’s veterans are homeless due to alcoholism, drugs and mental

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I take it from your childish response that you can't refute anything I've said. Alright then. Have a nice night.

As I said to Machjo, your next move would be predictable.

Seen it so many times, I am sort of embarrassed for you.

Have a nice day, Wimpy.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
As I said to Machjo, your next move would be predictable.

Seen it so many times, I am sort of embarrassed for you.

Have a nice day, Wimpy.

Sorry to upset you. Feel free to come back some time and provide some evidence refuting what I've said. I look forward to it. I can always learn something.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I take it from your childish response that you can't refute anything I've said. Alright then. Have a nice night.

When it comes to matters about veterans I'd be inclined to listen to R.C.S. as he's been there. Anyway it seldom does harm to listen to one's superiors. Sometimes the other guy is the "dog" and you are the "fire hydrant":)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When it comes to matters about veterans I'd be inclined to listen to R.C.S. as he's been there. Anyway it seldom does harm to listen to one's superiors. Sometimes the other guy is the "dog" and you are the "fire hydrant":)

RCS hasn't even bothered to refute anything I've said. He looks more and more like a special interest shrill every day. I know you seem to think he knows something but that's not saying much. You can't seem to grasp the simple math involved in this topic. Have you figured out yet that there were more than 6 homeless people in Medicine Hat?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
RCS hasn't even bothered to refute anything I've said. He looks more and more like a special interest shrill every day. I know you seem to think he knows something but that's not saying much. You can't seem to grasp the simple math involved in this topic. Have you figured out yet that there were more than 6 homeless people in Medicine Hat?

Apart from feeling sorry for homeless people in general, W.T.F. should I care about the exact number of homeless people in Medicine Hat? I don't even know the exact number in my own town.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Canuck.

Obviously many in this thread want to discuss homeless veterans exclusively.

Perhaps one solution would be to create a separate thread to discuss homelessness more generally and yet another separate thread to discuss veteran issues more generally, so as to keep the three topics separate and thus make everyone happy... maybe?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Canuck.

Obviously many in this thread want to discuss homeless veterans exclusively.

Perhaps one solution would be to create a separate thread to discuss homelessness more generally and yet another separate thread to discuss veteran issues more generally, so as to keep the three topics separate and thus make everyone happy... maybe?

Wow, 9 pages to figure that out. Boy are you quick.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Some good ideas that I can get behind but some things are too bloody late.

It's obvious there is no way to prevent PTSD or the myriad of other issues that lead to above average incidents of homelessness and addictions that create homelessness.

If you watched the video I posted the other day you've seen that there are no shortages of peripheral support but jack sh-t for ongoing real help to beat addictions and reconciliation of heart and mind.

How the hell should theses be properly addressed?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Rather than the street in the winter they should huddle be able to sleep in the entrances to office buildings, for the ones who prefer to be loners and in the summer they can sleep outdoors in the parks if that is their choice. Perhaps a relocation service that spread them out into the small communities as they might fit in better with a village compared to a big city.

Well, here's a notion to solve part of the veteran problem. Deport 'em. It's what we do when we can.
To where, Syria??

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Rather than the street in the winter they should huddle be able to sleep in the entrances to office buildings, for the ones who prefer to be loners and in the summer they can sleep outdoors in the parks if that is their choice. Perhaps a relocation service that spread them out into the small communities as they might fit in better with a village compared to a big city.

To where, Syria??
Mexico, mostly.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Well, here's a notion to solve part of the veteran problem. Deport 'em. It's what we do when we can.
This is what you get with your usual trite comments.....a splendid conversation with the village idiot!

To where, Syria??

Mexico, mostly.