At least 2,250 of Canada’s veterans are homeless due to alcoholism, drugs and mental

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I take it you no longer support quashing ISIS?

Sorry, I tried, I really did, but I can not justify what is happening in my own mind.

ISIS is a criminal organization, the same as AlQueda, Mafia, HA, and any other group of "gangs" around the world. I don't see the ME countries doing a hell of a lot about them. I see them being used to try and scare the crap out of us here, and I don't see that they are a "threat" to me or mine. There are other ways to contain them besides boots on the ground or bombing the crap out of the area. We have been over there, dying, since at least 9/11 and things are worse now than then. It isn't working, and a LOT of people are dying.

There are countries buying oil from ISIS. WE are buying oil from SA, and SA is NOT helping with getting rid of ISIS or even containing ISIS.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry, I tried, I really did, but I can not justify what is happening in my own mind.

ISIS is a criminal organization, the same as AlQueda, Mafia, HA, and any other group of "gangs" around the world. I don't see the ME countries doing a hell of a lot about them. I see them being used to try and scare the crap out of us here, and I don't see that they are a "threat" to me or mine. There are other ways to contain them besides boots on the ground or bombing the crap out of the area. We have been over there, dying, since at least 9/11 and things are worse now than then. It isn't working, and a LOT of people are dying.

There are countries buying oil from ISIS. WE are buying oil from SA, and SA is NOT helping with getting rid of ISIS or even containing ISIS.
Fair enough.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm not the one that supports sending our young men over seas to fight others battles.

If you think that our Forces personnel have operated out of some sort of "blood lust", you owe a few hundred thousand apologies.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If you think that our Forces personnel have operated out of some sort of "blood lust", you owe a few hundred thousand apologies.

No, I don't. If you actually read what I wrote, I referred to those that sanction sending our young men into harms way as the ones with the blood lust.