Turkey and Russia could easily take the world to the brink of WWIII

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Jews weren't the only ones that died in those 2 wars, closer to 100M (Gentile) civilians and soldiers. I would think that would warrant a few words in the history books as well. Since WWII the US has killed a lot more than 6M, more like 60M if all needless deaths were counted.

400 million since the end of WW2 when you count starvation.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Well I certainly hope not but the constant cries of Anti-Semitism does give one pause for thought.
Sharp intake of breath.

Perhaps we start with jail for bankers and politicians, the odds are the rats would leave the ship pretty quickly. If they happen to be Jewish then the collective can help 'reform them', look how well it worked on Judge Goldstone. (in a short amount of time)

400 million since the end of WW2 when you count starvation.
Intentional starvation, the point is it is higher than it has to be and the elite would still have more income in a year than they could spend on themselves.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
For all intensive purposes Turkey already has no air-force left.

In terms of number of planes, Turkey's air force is the third-largest in Nato after America and Britain.

Turkey's trigger-happy reaction to a Russian plane entering its airspace for 17 seconds is in stark contrast to the Greeks, who have to cope with Turkish planes entering their airspace several times nearly every day and yet the Greeks haven't shot any down. Had they chosen to do this, hypocritical Turkey would have very few planes left, having planes shot out of Greek skies daily.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yep.

We should take Russia's side. They're our allies in the fight against ISIS. We should NOT be taking the side of Turkey, an Islamist-run dictatorship sympathetic to ISIS. To be honest, my position on this is just straightforward common sense.
Go ahead on it. Just leave the rest of us with a disclaimer that says we do not have to bail you out when you start whining because someone is kicking your ASSets.

I think we should all leave Canada out of this.
Exactly my point.

If it wasn't for Churchill, vast swathes of Europe would now be part of the Thousand Year reich.
hahaha Typically Blackrot displaying massive delusions of grandeur.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Our government has already been assigned the side it will support. Russia looks like a very nice place to live. I guess the peace keeping is old fashioned unprogressive and too conservative.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I could get into living in a part of Russia similar to this area in BC. Mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, game, etc. I am just not very good at learning languages.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This going to war nonsense seems to be a popular theme with some posters. If I remember correctly there was a similar post about future war between China and the USA a couple of years back. What most people do not understand is that compared to what is used to be Russian military strength has declined greatly in the last couple of decades. Quite franky I suspect that the Turks would kick the Russians' backsides in any real showdown.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Whatever you're talking about.

EagleSmack's problem with Captain Pugwash is specifically about Pugwash's continual assertions that everything good that ever happened in history was because the British, and the British alone, made it happen.

This is probably not an argument you want to get into. I know you'll never support Eagle, but signing onto Captain Pugwash's merry crew probably ain't your best move.
Meh, he's no different than many Americans out there. There are still enough of them who actually believe that America beat both Germany and Japan single-handedly and/or who think that everything was invented in the US.

Considering that Canada's military is so small and weak its major contribution to Nato is doing the paperwork rather than any actual military stuff, I think we should all leave Canada out of this.
No no. At the very least we'll come and crack the tough targets for you, again.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
This going to war nonsense seems to be a popular theme with some posters. If I remember correctly there was a similar post about future war between China and the USA a couple of years back. What most people do not understand is that compared to what is used to be Russian military strength has declined greatly in the last couple of decades. Quite franky I suspect that the Turks would kick the Russians' backsides in any real showdown.

There's the American homefront to consider. West Point has had to suspend the tradition of pillow fights because it was hurting the cadets. Seven out of ten of military aged US citizens are unfit for duty. Recent purges of american forces of certain constitutionaly inclined officers continues. Russian reductions in numbers has been accompanied by increase in capability including power projection and air superiority and very much superior weapons. Lastly but not leastly the USA now faces China Russia and Iran as well as a dozen other nations of considerable capacity to make war. You can't be serious about the Turks, just yesterday Turkeys began arresting high ranking officers of its own armed forces in addition to those already forced out or imprisoned in the last five years. Erdogan is finished along with his crooked family. If you think the Turks won't hang Erdogan themselves before they allow him to destroy Turkey you're insane . Erdogan cannot arrest enough turkish citizens to save his stupid greedy and corrupt ****.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It's a very big country and seems to have a climate for everyone. I'm not good with language either but I think I could cope after a bit. I think I'll visit when I get the chance.
Checking out the indigenous recipes for food might be fun. =)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Turns Out, Russia Was Right: ISIL Oil is Going to Turkey – German Media

Turkey's links to Islamic State - PravdaReport

Syrian Kurds to Target Turkish Jets Breaching Rojava Airspace | News | teleSUR English

Islamic State oil trade full frontal: 'Raqqa's Rockefellers', Bilal Erdogan, KRG Crude, and the Israel connection -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Farsnews
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Turkish Air Force has warned its pilots to avoid any further violation of the Syrian airspace after Russia deployed its sophisticated S-400 anti-aircraft missile system in Lattakia, informed sources said Sunday.
The arrival of S-400 system coupled with the Russian fighter jets' maneuvers along the Turkish border, has forced Ankara to take prudent measures to ease tensions with the Russian Federation after they downed the latter’s SU-24 bomber in Syia's Lattakia province on Tuesday, the sources said.
The Russian Air Force amplified the number of airstrikes along the Turkish border on Saturday, striking the Turkish backed ISIL militants at the Aleppo border-city of A'zaz and inside the Turkmen Mountains of Northern Lattakia.
Earlier today, Spokesman of the Syrian Army Brigadier General Ali Mayhoub warned against the repercussions of any attacks on his country's territories by Turkish forces and underlined that the Ankara officials' continued support for extremism in the region will backfire on them.
"The Turkish army fired several mortar shells from al-Aqra’a Mountain towards our positions,” Mayhoub said in a statement on Sunday.
The Syrian General warned of the threats posed by such actions, calling on the international community to press on the Turkish government to stop its overt or covert support for global terrorism.
Reports said earlier today that after Turkey shot down Russia's Su-24 fighter jet during an anti-terrorism operation against terrorists in Syria, Russia deployed S-400 air defense system to take harsh measures against any possible threats in Syria by tracing 300 targets at ranges up to 400 kilometers.

Farsnews
TEHRAN (FNA)- Some 94 wanted militants surrendered to the competent authorities in Syria as the army, National Defense Forces and the Lebanese Hezbollah fighters, backed by Syrian and Russian warplanes, continue to advance against the Takfiris.
Some 94 wanted Militants from Damascus and its countryside and Idlib province turned themselves in to the competent authorities to be pardoned, informed sources said Sunday.
On Friday, sources said some 159 wanted militants turned themselves in to the Syrian authorities to be pardoned as the army continues to purge almost the entire coastal province of Lattakia of terrorist groups.
The sources said that the recent victories of the Syrian army and National Defense Forces (NDF), with the back up of the Russia fighter jets, have caused too many Takfiri terrorists to lay down their guns and apply for government pardoning in Lattakia province.
On Nov 11, some 69 wanted militants turned themselves in to the Syrian authorities in the Northern Province of Aleppo as the army defeated the ISIL terrorists who had laid siege on Kuweires Airbase for 2.5 years and still continues to gain more territories in the province.
The wanted militants turned themselves in to the competent authorities, informed sources said.
Some 119 wanted terrorists from Homs province surrendered to the government as the terrorist groups are retreating from several areas across the country.
60 others from the provinces of Damascus, Quneitra and Homs also laid down arms and turned themselves in to the Syrian authorities on Nov 7.
On Oct 28, 49 wanted persons from Damascus, Damascus Countryside, Quneitra, and Hama also surrendered.
On Nov 1, at least 184 terrorists have laid down arms and surrendered to the Syrian authorities in Damascus, Aleppo and Deir Ezzur provinces, local sources said.
Some 184 wanted persons from Damascus, Aleppo and Deir Ezzur turned themselves in to the authorities to be pardoned, provincial officials said.
The army troops, backed by Russian warplanes, have made major advances in their fight against the Takfiri terrorists across the Muslim country in recent week.
Following the Syrian-Russian joint operations, thousands of Takfiri terrorists have also fled Syria to Jordan, Turkey and Europe.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Meh, he's no different than many Americans out there. There are still enough of them who actually believe that America beat both Germany and Japan single-handedly and/or who think that everything was invented in the US.

Tissue?