Justin Trudeau justifies refugee delay, saying Liberals want to get it right

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Last night's news reported the cost revealed at 6 billion +.
Transportation to be by chartered jet.
Those were the latest Liberal declarations. But I suppose they could change. :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
anyone who thinks that shiny pony has the circuits to lead is a retard. it's mccallum, butts and wynne.

have a sunny day though.

Good Gawd your saltiness is becoming overwhelming

Last night's news reported the cost revealed at 6 billion +.
Transportation to be by chartered jet.
Those were the latest Liberal declarations. But I suppose they could change. :)

That's peanuts when you consider the value gained by bringing in these immigrants.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
no no, you see... pointing out that most of the drivel posted around here is simply an insult fest... that's an attempt to instill self-moderation. Again, try it... you might like it. Try posting for a few days where you don't actually include some infantile cutesy insult derivative of a member's name... think you can?
There is no fun in that. And besides,it gives you the chance to pretend that you aren't childish at times and are better than everyone else.

damnit... I am not a turnip!!! :lol:
Debatable.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Just one broken campaign promise after another. Reality bites.
This is a lucky break. I still believe we look after our own homeless first. Lots of families do not earn a living wage so they live on the streets.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes, but gov't estimates seem to be overbalanced on the conservative side as a rule.
I think it was Galbraith that said that the main job of economists was in explaining why their previous predictions were not correct.

That's peanuts when you consider the value gained by bringing in these immigrants.
Can you explain why without using a lot of ifs?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yes, but gov't estimates seem to be overbalanced on the conservative side as a rule.
I think it was Galbraith that said that the main job of economists was in explaining why their previous predictions were not correct.

Agreed, Anna. However there is one heck of a difference between the latter estimate and the one that DM posted and no matter how far over the government goes, I doubt it will be to the tune of 6 billion dollars.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

can you explain why you're so anti-immigration... without using a lot of ifs? Can you accept that without the existing migratory impact/increase, natural increases are not enough... will not be enough to sustain population growth and support for the social network/fabric current Canadians so rely upon?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thank God we'll have one more Christmas before the Sharia tidal wave has us all living in minarets and sleeping eastward. Make this year count. Deck those halls.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Um...immigration good
Bringing in immigrants makes immigration good. Oh yeah, good explanation. :roll:

can you explain why you're so anti-immigration... without using a lot of ifs?
Easily.
Can you accept that without the existing migratory impact/increase, natural increases are not enough... will not be enough to sustain population growth and support for the social network/fabric current Canadians so rely upon?
I can accept that, sure.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Bringing in immigrants makes immigration good. Oh yeah, good explanation. :roll:.

Oops, I knew I didn't dumb it done enough for you. Bringing immigrants in makes more than it costs. You should try google sometime. It's all there.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Oops, I knew I didn't dumb it done enough for you. Bringing immigrants in makes more than it costs. You should try google sometime. It's all there.
I have tried and cannot find anything that comes close to accounting for all the known, let alone the known plus the possible variables. The best I have been able to do is view relatively short-term fiscal benefits vs detriments.
From knowing what I know about the human race, population growth has not been a good thing in general, especially unchecked population growth.
You have not got any comment a little deeper than "immigration is good for immigration"?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good thing immigrants are a net benefit for the economy. Without that there wouldn't be any reason whatsoever to help fellow human beings.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Good thing immigrants are a net benefit for the economy. Without that there wouldn't be any reason whatsoever to help fellow human beings.

Now don't go getting all moral on us. Besides, let's work on one issue at a time. Some of these folks are so stuck in their ways, we have to proceed with extreme caution. We don't want them going into shock

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Canada cannot seem to help a lot of Canadians.
In spite of Cannucklehead's insistence that I am anti-immigration, I have no problem with bringing people into Canada after decent vetting and process (assuming the process is more efficient than normal CIC workings).

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
can you explain why you're so anti-immigration... without using a lot of ifs? Can you accept that without the existing migratory impact/increase, natural increases are not enough... will not be enough to sustain population growth and support for the social network/fabric current Canadians so rely upon?
Do we need population growth ?
Does population growth not create more demand for fossil fuel usage and hence green house gases ?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Read post number 71 and then try Google
Again, I have tried and cannot find anything that comes close to accounting for all the known, let alone the known plus the possible variables. Did you not understand?
And like I said, I admit there is a fiscal benefit but that is only 1 variable.