Turkey and Russia could easily take the world to the brink of WWIII

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You don't have explain Blackie's silliness to me. It's well documented. Laughing at Eagle's idiocy is not meant as support for Blackie. I can laugh at both. In this particular case though, Eagle has garnered himself a dubious distinction
Still the attention seeking child hey Putz?

Dumb followed by dumber

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You don't have explain Blackie's silliness to me. It's well documented. Laughing at Eagle's idiocy is not meant as support for Blackie. I can laugh at both. In this particular case though, Eagle has garnered himself a dubious distinction
OK. Just my best advice. I ain't so big an ego as to think you're compelled to take it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
He didn't say Turkey beat the Allies. He said Turkey beat the Brits. And they did, on several occasions.

I'll say again: The British Empire defeated the Ottoman Empire in the Great War.

It really can't be told any clearer than that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Or wronger.

Well, it's all there in history books and online. Go and do your research and then come back.

Once the British Empire defeated the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire they occupied parts of it, turning one part of the former Ottoman Empire into the British Mandate for Palestine, part of which later became Israel and Jordan.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
basically what the terrorists want , is to have Russia and Turkey and whatever other countries start to fight among themselves in order to further their cause.

Conning and manipulating the world powers to have a full out religious world war is basically their goal.

Who would think in the year 2015 humans would still be so damn stupid

Someone who dosn't know humans.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Well, it's all there in history books and online. Go and do your research and then come back.

Once the British Empire defeated the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire they occupied parts of it, turning one part of the former Ottoman Empire into the British Mandate for Palestine, part of which later became Israel and Jordan.
History books written by Britishers?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Sigh. You're right, Captain Pugwash. The British Empire (of which Canada, Australia, and New Zealand were NOT parts at the time) defeated the Ottomans all by their li'l ol' lonesomes, with no help at all.

Shouldn't you be out lapping up lager and beating up Pakistanis?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Apparrently Eagle thinks differently or, as TB points out thinks that losing some battles equals getting your azz handed to you. It must be embarrassing for him to accept that a weather balloon handed the Americans their azzes in 42

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They've been watching too many silly "historical" Hollywood films rather than reading good books about such subjects.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
The Ottoman collapsed under severe domestic issues more than anything, various groups vying for independence.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"the Russian Defense Ministry has released video proving that the plane never left Syrian airspace.
....But flight data released by Russian Ministry of Defense shows that the Su-24s never entered Turkey, and were attacked while performing legitimate maneuvers over Syria.
On Tuesday, Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian Su-24M Fencer bomber. One of the pilots has been confirmed dead by Russian

...authorities, shot by rebel ground units after ejecting.
Russian President Vladimir Putin described the incident as a "stab in the back, carried out against us by accomplices of terrorists."
Russian Defense Ministry Video Proves Su-24 Never Entered Turkish Airspace

pic or it didn't happen I guess

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's a Blue Water navy.

It WAS a blue water navy.

Also, a lot of these silly stories of Russian ships off the British coast are just scaremongering nonsense, and is usually just Russian ships sailing by Britain.

The English Channel is the busiest shipping lane in the world, and all sorts of international warships pass through it probably daily.

They sure send what's left of the Brit Navy scrambling. Although it takes a week for the Brits to get a frigate underway these days.

Apparrently Eagle thinks differently or, as TB points out thinks that losing some battles equals getting your azz handed to you. It must be embarrassing for him to accept that a weather balloon handed the Americans their azzes in 42

Ride Em' Cowboy! *snicker*

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"the Russian Defense Ministry has released video proving that the plane never left Syrian airspace.
....But flight data released by Russian Ministry of Defense shows that the Su-24s never entered Turkey, and were attacked while performing legitimate maneuvers over Syria.
On Tuesday, Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian Su-24M Fencer bomber. One of the pilots has been confirmed dead by Russian

...authorities, shot by rebel ground units after ejecting.
Russian President Vladimir Putin described the incident as a "stab in the back, carried out against us by accomplices of terrorists."
Russian Defense Ministry Video Proves Su-24 Never Entered Turkish Airspace

pic or it didn't happen I guess
Dunno.... It can get a bit confusing when you (and I mean you as in multiple parties) are being both belligerent and friend at the same time. Better AWAC control and a lot of co-operation is going to be necessary if they choose to avoid more effective, time-intensive but much deadlier boots-on-ground infiltration

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Russian boots will be in Turkey, quietly. Somebody has to die for the stab in the back.

The French are effective against ISIS it only takes 19 separate air attacks to destroy one target. Report says they're slack for some reason and that thier hardware is for show.