USA
Then why not just agree?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Someone give this woman a medal.

LYSIANE GAGNON
Trudeau’s diverse cabinet not a true Canadian portrait

A cabinet that looks like Canada!” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau exclaimed as he introduced his ministers. But this was false on several counts.

A cabinet that includes no one of Italian or Chinese origin, a cabinet without Jews or Arabs, a cabinet without a single black person – while Sikhs (who comprise about 1.4 per cent of the Canadian population) hold four cabinet posts – is not a true portrait of Canada. Not that I mind. The last thing a modern government needs is a cabinet that would reflect the exact ethnic makeup of the population. That’s because it’s impossible to achieve: Ministers are chosen from a caucus that results from the vagaries of politics and doesn’t correspond to demographic reality. For example, the Liberals have only a handful of black MPs, two MPs of Chinese descent – and 16 Sikhs, reflecting the active interest of Sikhs in politics and of a pattern of block voting in ridings with a significant Sikh minority.

Mr. Trudeau also prides himself on having formed the first federal cabinet with gender parity. False again. It is actually built on gender inequity. The Liberal caucus counts 134 men and 50 women, meaning that at the outset, every female MP had chances more than her male colleagues to be appointed to cabinet. Shouldn’t gender equity apply to men as well?

Those who want the proportion of female cabinet ministers to reflect the female population should insist that the political parties present many more women in “good” ridings – ridings where they have a real chance of being elected. Then a prime minister would have a larger pool of qualified female MPs to choose from when forming the cabinet.

Trudeau’s diverse cabinet not a true Canadian portrait - The Globe and Mail

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well you could have said that Justin Trudeau also taught English and French as well as math. I don't know what the hell Dwama means.......are you trying to imply that Justin Trudeau is gay????or something? For God's sake grow up...

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Well you could have said that Justin Trudeau also taught English and French as well as math. I don't know what the hell Dwama means.......are you trying to imply that Justin Trudeau is gay????or something? For God's sake grow up...
He's implying that Justine is like Elmer Fudd.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good analogy although I will point out that Elmer was smarter, more experienced, had more character & charisma and would have been an excellent part time dwama teacher had he been given the chance

Actually I don't think there's a hell of a lot wrong with Justin. He just has two or three bees in his bonnet that can be attributed to impetuosity- but that's mainly his age. As far a bringing in all the refugees, I blame most of that on the idiots who voted for him on that ground.....................emotions over wisdom. As far the missing and murdered women go that is another thing that is mostly emotion driven.............there were mistakes in the past which should provide a clue as to how to proceed in the future. I think society in general was as much to blame as anyone, as many of those women were just regarded as lesser people, many people forgetting they laughed and cried and hurt and bled like the rest of us. There's not a lot we can do now to correct the past but we can make a big difference in the future.

Justine was a part time dwama teacher and snowboard 'instructor'... Honestly Cord, I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Say, I'd be that Trudeau could add this to his impressive resume.

Maybe #Juan has the correct attitude toward him. I will concede however, Justin has to adjust some of his thinking. (Maybe if he talked nicely to Harper he could get some lessons)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Then why not just agree?

This way his post count is higher. He may think there is a prize for most posts.

This is what passes for diversity?

A cabinet that looks like Canada!” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau exclaimed as he introduced his ministers. But this was false on several counts.

The cabinet is diverse. They are all dissimilar to each other. However, the cabinet is not a true representation of Canada. However, to do so, would be next to impossible. To truly achieve it, you would need to have proportional representation from each province, each ethnic group, each age group. So in short, the only issue here is Trudeau being an idiot trying to make himself look more full of sunshine and lollypops. 4 more years of that!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Maybe #Juan has the correct attitude toward him. I will concede however, Justin has to adjust some of his thinking. (Maybe if he talked nicely to Harper he could get some lessons)

Fact is, he is dangerously inexperienced and has no real exposure to real life or even a senior portfolio in gvt, not to mention that he did spend a lot of time bilking charities for $20k or $30k a pop to speak when he was supposed to actually be in Parliament doing a job.

The true believers are already making excuses for him and he hasn't held that office for more than a few weeks.... That in and of itself has got to be some kind of record

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This way his post count is higher. He may think there is a prize for most posts.

The cabinet is diverse. They are all dissimilar to each other. However, the cabinet is not a true representation of Canada. However, to do so, would be next to impossible. To truly achieve it, you would need to have proportional representation from each province, each ethnic group, each age group. So in short, the only issue here is Trudeau being an idiot trying to make himself look more full of sunshine and lollypops. 4 more years of that!

For sure, I don't see any axe murderers or cannibals.