Ugly American Goes Into Hiding After Killing Cecil The Lion

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Lion killer's dental practice getting some new Yelp reviews...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-Bloomington

There are mounting calls for the prosecution of an American dentist who shot dead one of Africa’s most famous lions, as two other men involved in the hunt were due in court in Zimbabwe to face poaching charges.

Walter Palmer, who runs a dental practice in Minnesota and hunts big game in his spare time, is accused of illegally killing Cecil, a protected lion, in Zimbabwe on a $50,000 (£32,000) hunt.

Cecil the lion's death prompts calls to ban trophy hunt imports to US

Professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst, and Honest Ndlovu, a local landowner, are due to appear in court in Victoria Falls on Wednesday.

Cecil, a popular attraction among international visitors to Hwange national park, was lured outside the reserve’s boundaries by bait and killed earlier this month.

“Both the professional hunter and landowner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt,” the Zimbabwean parks authority said in a statement on Tuesday.

The statement made no mention of Palmer. But the charity Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force said Palmer and Bronkhorst had gone out at night with a spotlight and tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil into range.

Betty McCollum, a Democrat member of Congress who represents Minnesota, called on the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Department of Justice to investigate whether the killing violated endangered species laws, according to the local Star Tribune.

Protesters placed animal toys outside Palmer’s River Duff dental practice in Bloomington, a suburb of Minneapolis. The practice was forced to close as protesters staged a recreation of the hunt involving cuddly toys and water pistols.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/29/cecil-the-lion-calls-for-prosecution-us-dentist-walter-palmer

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm still getting over that disturbing documentary I watched on BBC Four the other night about poor Tyke the elephant.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's a fact blackie. Americans have unusually short attention spans.

The Yanks will forget about it but a lot of other people won't. Sadly, things like this happen when you give a Yank a gun and let him wander Africa. Thankfully he was in the Bush. And he been in the city he probably would have shot a school up.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I hope they prosecute him this is an outrage and most civilized people know it.
It is time to put an end to big game hunting the era is over. If he wanted to hunt
something go hunt ISIS

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'd focus more on the illegal slaughter of tigers and rhinos for goddamn chinese 'medicine'.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That's true but I say, why not both? Hang this douche bag out to dry and go after the big poachers too.

Hey, do something sure but my point is people lose their minds because someone gave a lion a name and now it's dead. The scores of tigers and rhinos be anonymous hence no serious coverage by any media to any real extent. It's quite ridiculous.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey, do something sure but my point is people lose their minds because someone gave a lion a name and now it's dead. The scores of tigers and rhinos be anonymous hence no serious coverage by any media to any real extent. It's quite ridiculous.

Maybe we should give em all names? I'll name the tigers and you name the rhinos?

Lol.

Yeah I get it, he's semi, sort, pseudo important though in some small way....so he'll sell papers. Nobody ever gives a sh!t about the little anonymous guys slaughtered everyday.