TKO Target can't handle the Canadian market

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
You do know we can print unlimited money and it will never get paid back, whether we max the card out or not.

Yes I know and instead of whining about that we should be extremely happy at how lucky we are to be the to big to fail.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As long as coming up with a lot of unworkable plans can be counted then I'm in, lazy as it gets, mind you it is the rebel in me that is leaving out the dot that usually comes at the end of a long string of random letters

That felt so good I'm going to do it again, not, I also know restraint.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
As long as coming up with a lot of unworkable plans can be counted then I'm in, lazy as it gets, mind you it is the rebel in me that is leaving out the dot that usually comes at the end of a long string of random letters

That felt so good I'm going to do it again, not, I also know restraint.

Yes to big to fail means we can be the most lazy entitled dog fu€klet's in the world and the third world countries will have to suffer supporting us. The banks enforces it.

We are on top of the bank pyramid.
They will lend us the money no matter what, because if we fail, they fail.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yes I know and instead of whining about that we should be extremely happy at how lucky we are to be the to big to fail.
Best seat in the house, that has to count for something. Imagine being 25 and having a life in front of you that is about the same as far as how fast businesses are closing. Your move . . . Unless they stop making ditches my life wouldn't have changed much and if I had taken it to the limit I'm sure pot holes would be fewer in number and the bill would be part of the warranty.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Best seat in the house, that has to count for something. Imagine being 25 and having a life in front of you that is about the same as far as how fast businesses are closing. Your move . . . Unless they stop making ditches my life wouldn't have changed much and if I had taken it to the limit I'm sure pot holes would be fewer in number and the bill would be part of the warranty.

Yes but you are just one man, it's our work culture that's broken.

Germans produce as much as the Chines , and only work around 32 hours a week.
Chines work 60 hours a week.

Germans have a amazing work ethic culture.
And they are fully unionized

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Despite Dismal Retail Sales, US Consumer Are The Most Exuberant In 10 Years

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/16/2015 - 10:06 UMich Consumer Sentiment surged to 98.2 - smashing expectations of 94.1 by the most in almost 2 years. This is the highest sentiment since February 2004...!!This all seems very odd... especially in light of the dismal retail sales data and weak wage growth (and we note this is the preliminary print). Inflation expectations plunged to 2.4% (from 2.8%) - the lowest since 2010. American optimism remains unphased as a majority (55.2%) now expect higher wages in the next year (despite earninsg actually dropping!!) 54% of Americans think it is a good time to SELL a house.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We are on top of the bank pyramid.
They will lend us the money no matter what, because if we fail, they fail.
I would be more interested in riverbank property, about 4 miles of it, all south facing sl a pane of glass the only heating device you need no matter how big or small your cabin is. The above the ground monorail for single rider would mean the trails could ne natural as soon as the heavy loads are in and zip lines would get you to the 'beach'.

Some people would look at the land behind it and say 'swamp' and I would say 'fresh water lake that is 30 ft deep and covered by 3ft of moss which prevents it from evaporating. Know where I can get some surplus torpedoes?

The actual attraction is you can start growing hemp there as it is 'remote' and the location means you don't need a security fense that would make a buffalo fence 'look tame'.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
In Canada if you work to hard all the other employees gang up on you and get you fired

That's taking dog fu€king to a whole new level.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"That's to bad, it's going to leave a lot of empty box retail space.

I'm surprised they don't want to stick it out. The economy is set to double in the next 15 years
Well thank you Target for spending 1 billion dollars in our economy"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH the economy is not set to double the economy is set to crumble

Still carrying The End Is Near sign DB? How long have we been members in here and you've predicted the end over and over.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Still carrying The End Is Near sign DB? How long have we been members in here and you've predicted the end over and over.

I asked the same thing, he said it was more of a very slow death. Like death by aging.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Lazy isn't the right term, we though the building boom after a long depression and a long war would last longer than it did. High unemployment is a bad thing if there is no outlet for the unemployed. Let the homeless in and let them fix the place up using the recycle bin. Cover the parking lot with enough black dirt that it can grow food items, ones that grow under the ground in case of frost.

The promotion to let Target in is the same form of process that is used for any business that is part of a chain. In the past a new mall consisted of 1 or 2 national chains as the base and then the size was determined by population and wealth of the location.

Now you have an empty building and no prospect of customers and a neighborhood with less actual income. For myself I can see a potential to getting the little money they have while making the investment as small as possible. I'm going to assume that when the general public walks into a 'business' you have to ensure their safety. Since the business is more like a return to the 50's and the Drive-In the paying customers walk up to a window and pick items up and then walk back to their car and that is where they are for the duration of their stay. What they pick up at the window is some air-bags that fit under their car that turn it into a VR controller and the network that is running inside gives them 100 different choices of which 'ride' you are on. FPS could have one player being controlled by 1 to 4 people as long as they are in the sane vehicle.
Use the right menu and your smart car is a rock-crawler with a top speed of 10kph but it is at a 75d pitch without sliding and the next driver is driving around some g00gled 3d city. On a good night the lot would be full and the servers inside don't need toi ever shut down but rented hardware would need to be returned so it can be rented out again.

Sign a waiver to get inside and once in there you get access to all the rooms where the rides are developed of to take advantage of the better than average VR cave that also has 360dof and g-force motors that don't lag even when moving 3 people. (lots of 2nd hand items of that nature available at scrap prices)
Now all you need is the 1,000 customers in the lot and each paying $5 per day or 5 customers each paying 1,000 a day (home system weekend rate for the ones that still have jobs)

The best customers are the older generation as they have the cash and are bored and you have the young adults just out of school and more time on their hands than the pamphlet indicated. Old guys in the garage and the younger ones doing the field work would be this old guys choice. Indoor farmers market if you can create that many stalls and still have people not get lost.

Banned, . . . the people doing were deemed to be having too much fun for their own good.

Targeted audience?
Somebody actually typed that out.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Far as I know that 'nigh' date hasn't yet arrived. Are you asking for multiple manifestations of 'the end' (singular)

I can't believe I made a pun in French. Doesn't that qualify my for Quebec citizenship?

As my people say, "Oy gevalt!"
You can have the whole Province as long as you take it home with you.