What Are You Having For Dinner?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
oh my god, where was my invite, sounds like heaven...were they homemade perogies?

were there caramelized onions

Yep, home made right out of the bag from Superstore.:) There was a time when my wife made cabbage rolls, but haven't seen any for a year or two. With the cost of groceries these days I've been thinking of cutting her back to two meals a day.:)

damn that sounds good too

I had curried chicken with broccoli...it was good but I could eat again

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the broccoli with the perogies.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
it can truly be said that this is a modern day bible:

i love this book

spinich/feta/onion/green pepper/ground chicken/garlic pizza

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I made baked beans yesterday with sausage, and I screwed up, they were crunchy, so I remade them this afternoon. added water and baked them soft, there's still something missing, the taste maybe.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I made baked beans yesterday with sausage, and I screwed up, they were crunchy, so I remade them this afternoon. added water and baked them soft, there's still something missing, the taste maybe.

try adding barbecue sauce - that adds flavor and soften them up

then add butter or olive oil for more softness & flavor

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
try adding barbecue sauce - that adds flavor and soften them up

then add butter or olive oil for more softness & flavor

Had a real treat tonight, got a son in doing bathroom renos, while I've been gofering most of the day and trying to get Xmas shopping done so treated myself to Subway Fare, consisting of Minestrone soup, a foot long turkey sandwich and a coffee. Probably one of the best of the fast food joints!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Had a real treat tonight, got a son in doing bathroom renos, while I've been gofering most of the day and trying to get Xmas shopping done so treated myself to Subway Fare, consisting of Minestrone soup, a foot long turkey sandwich and a coffee. Probably one of the best of the fast food joints!

Italian dressing and Romano cheese add much flavor to Minestrone.

-----

I put the pork loin into my oven and my apartment is starting to smell like a good restaurant ...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
ahhhhhh - the pork, yams, sauerkraut was delectable beyond belief

and that was just my lunch

mebbe in a few hours I'll be hungry again and have another round of that gooooooooood stuff

I hope your Christmas feast was very good as well! :)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No Headaches yet?? You must be drinking that $6 a bottle stuff!:) ($5 stuff gives you horrible head aches):)
I can no longer drink enough to get a headache...I get sick long before that...but I am drinking cheap wine...13 a bottle...:tongue5:

One of your faculties is still working! :)
yeah and my cooking skills hopefully kicked in too...else we are "screwed"

doesn't matter...was an awesome day regardless

hohoho

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can no longer drink enough to get a headache...I get sick long before that...but I am drinking cheap wine...13 a bottle...:tongue5:

yeah and my cooking skills hopefully kicked in too...else we are "screwed"

/QUOTE]

Well...................hungry anyway.:)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I cooked a ham and all the stuff that goes with it. Don't know why . After I finished sweating like a hog cookin this stuff I was too tired to eat it. I think I'll stick to tv dinners from now on.