Pancakes for breakfast....or whatever

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm having cream of wheat with soy milk. And I am enjoying it even though it sounds incredibly boring and blah.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm having cream of wheat with soy milk. And I am enjoying it even though it sounds incredibly boring and blah.

Sorry to say but it does sound incredibly boring and bland.

I had toast with peanut butter. That's not rocking anyone's world either, lol.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just had coddled eggs with toast and bacon.

I won't count the marmalade...:smile:.

What I intended to have was kippers and toast.............that, is my favorite breakfast.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
rice meal, oatmeal pancakes flavored with vanilla & honey is good but I found a way to improve it:

I add a couple of spoons of corn meal & flaxseed which is highly nutritious, is a good binder for the hotcakes, and is naturally sweet:

I used peach jam as topping this morning and it is sitting well in my tummy. :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
rice meal, oatmeal pancakes flavored with vanilla & honey is good but I found a way to improve it:

I add a couple of spoons of corn meal & flaxseed which is highly nutritious, is a good binder for the hotcakes, and is naturally sweet:

I used peach jam as topping this morning and it is sitting well in my tummy. :)

that sounds amazing.

I had McChoke&Puke's sausage Mcmuffin. Wish I hadn't. I haven't had mcdonalds in so long and I was on my way to work with the grumblies in the tummy. Now I have a different set of grumblies....

Think I'll wait a half hour or so and have some plain yogurt and black berries. Might help off set the garbage.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I love flaxseeds. When I was a little girl, we had giant bags of flax seeds for the goats. Being that it was too far and took to long to get home (and then you had to sit and wait for something you'd probably not like anyways), I'd just scoop up a handful. Between the flax, the oats, the apples on the trees, and the carrots, kale and such in the garden, and fresh milk, there was never much point in going home for lunch.

Now, I'm really enjoying chia seeds. I put them in my juice along with vegegreen. They have a satisfying little crunch. Weird to chew juice for sure.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I took that same type of pancake mix above, added just a bit more honey to it, and made some muffins which I will take with me to my next neighborhood soccer match.

Good eating to go along with good fun! :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
sometimes i have a little cream of wheat and a crust of toast before bed.

It's an excellent bedtime snack! I'll have it for desert even. I sometimes think I am the only person in the world who likes cream of wheat. Usually I hear "Ewwww" when I mention it. It's nice to read that others also like it and enjoy it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's an excellent bedtime snack! I'll have it for desert even. I sometimes think I am the only person in the world who likes cream of wheat. Usually I hear "Ewwww" when I mention it. It's nice to read that others also like it and enjoy it.

i grew up eating cream of wheat for breaky, as my mother cooked it every morning, but now i have only oatmeal
for breaky with many healthy toppings, and i eat cream of wheat sometimes, but i love it still.
i just don't want to eat too much wheat, and the oats are so good for you too. bread is always wheat, unless
one buys a different grain in their bread, but i don't, i like whole wheat bread, or a multi grain bread with
other healthy ingredients as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I like pancakes and maple syrup. They're very good if you are just sitting around watching the grass grow, but if you're doing anything at all strenuous you are hungry in an hour!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I like pancakes and maple syrup. They're very good if you are just sitting around watching the grass grow, but if you're doing anything at all strenuous you are hungry in an hour!

that's when you also have sausage and eggs and beans and toast and bacon and tomatos and orange juice. the full on breakfast.

Watching grass grow can be tough...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005

Cream of wheat is tasty esp with a good topping such as maple syrup or jam. Wish I could still eat it though I am very satisfied with rice/corn meal.