Who are you trying to convince Harper?

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
Harper taking credit for the decline of Quebec sovereignty

Posted on 7/29/2014 4:34:00 AM by Michel Boyer
Twitter

The Conservative Party of Canada flaunted online about being the reason why support for Quebec independence is on the decline.
“The gradual decline in Quebec separatist sentiment throughout the stewardship of our government, a government which has honoured Cartier’s principles, is something we should take pride in as a party,” read the Tweet.

The Journal de Montreal reported Bloc Québecois leader said the statement is arrogant and shows Harper is disconnected from the Quebecois reality. Gilles Duceppe called the statement “Conservative propaganda at its best.”

CJAD 800 – News. Talk. Radio. :: Harper taking credit for the decline of Quebec sovereignty :: News - CJAD 800 News - Article

~

....because this Quebecer is "pas mal sure" that the sovereignty movement died because it is simply a bad idea to separate from Canada. DESPITE the Harper government. Quebec went NDP last election and was Liberal before that. No, PCs you can't make this claim.

...and hell has frozen over because I actually agree with Gilles Duceppe!!

(I threw up a little in my mouth)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I don't mind the bi-lingual signs......it's the French only signs in Quebec that piss me off....

Never been there. But when you have a charter plane going from one point in BC to another point in BC the canned french anouncement on the plane is simply an irritant.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Never been there. But when you have a charter plane going from one point in BC to another point in BC the canned french anouncement on the plane is simply an irritant.

Don't forget to complain if the inflight service personnel do not offer you your beverage in perfect French... There's a good option for a lawsuit and Human Rights complaint in there

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
When they quit puting french on labels and aircraft anouncements I will believe him.
I'm pretty sure Canada has 2 official languages with significant amounts of francophones in Manitoba and New Brunswick as well.

Harper is correct. Glad you didn't choke on your puke.
Thanks for your concern Walter :).

No he is not. The conservatives have next to 0 influence in Quebec, but you can keep your delusions.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Don't forget to complain if the inflight service personnel do not offer you your beverage in perfect French... There's a good option for a lawsuit and Human Rights complaint in there

Chances are her french is no better than mine so I wouldn't know.

I'm pretty sure Canada has 2 official languages with significant amounts of francophones in Manitoba and New Brunswick as well.

No he is not. The conservatives have next to 0 influence in Quebec, but you can keep your delusions.

So pick one. We speak English here. In fact I only know one person near where I live that speaks french. OTH I know at least a dozen that speak fair to perfect german.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Chances are her french is no better than mine so I wouldn't know.

That's not the point... It's your Charter Right

So pick one. We speak English here. In fact I only know one person near where I live that speaks french. OTH I know at least a dozen that speak fair to perfect german.

Been to Richmond in the Lower Mainland lately?

There's one helluva case for 'distinct society'

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That's not the point... It's your Charter Right

Been to Richmond in the Lower Mainland lately?

There's one helluva case for 'distinct society'

Only once this year. We now fly direct from Comox to Terrace. But I have noticed that many of the street signs are in Chinese and so are the flight boards in the airport.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't mind the bi-lingual signs......it's the French signs on businesses in Quebec that piss me off....

You mean the French only signs? I agree, it's both short sighted and purposely divisive. I lived in Ottawa when that law was first enacted and amongst all the bilingual individuals I knew (friends, family, co-workers, etc) I don't recall a single one that was supportive of it.

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
I don't mind the bi-lingual signs......it's the French signs on businesses in Quebec that piss me off....
Well taxslave would have us "pick one". I agree French only is detrimental to Quebec tourism but I think now that the Provincial Libs are in power we will see more bilingual signs. BTW, the real party that deserves the credit...combined with the stupidity of the Parti Quebecois.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Nothing cheap about Walter. He shares his delusions. ;-)

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Quebec is just a welfare state, supported by other provinces but mainly Alberta thru it's Equalization payments.

It seems to me that if others are going to support this welfare state, they should have a say in it's laws/policies.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well taxslave would have us "pick one". I agree French only is detrimental to Quebec tourism but I think now that the Provincial Libs are in power we will see more bilingual signs. BTW, the real party that deserves the credit...combined with the stupidity of the Parti Quebecois.

I love Quebec, but you have to admit that the serving government has nothing to fan the flames of separatism. As for the Liberals, I've seen only scandal at both the Federal and Provincial levels when it came to Quebec. Adscam and most recently the Provincial Liberals fell on their sword after all sorts of scandal.

Fortunately for them, the Parti Quebecois started down its fascist path with its Xenophobic charter and blew themselves up..