Long Gun Confiscation in Canada.....yet again.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Geeez. They keep up with this sorta crap the jails will have more farmers n target shooters n hunters in them than real criminals. F'n pile of a$$hats.

Yeah....but they set this mess up.
Pretty much. Bunch of daintya$$, PC, city-dwelling, hysterical NIMBYs started the whole inane mess with their kneejerk, irrational reaction to some jerk shooting up a classroom a decade or so ago. Gawd some people really need to grow some brains.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Ahhh yes....the 1800 people that are about to have 3 or 4 thousand dollars stolen from them by the gov't.....I think that would make it fairly important.

People can do with their money what they like, but................4K for a freakin gun ?!
One would have to be a serious collector, or rich, or both, or nuts, or both.
Still, the arseyMP should confine themselves to tasering immigrants (repetition, I know).
We paid for their trip to Sweden to investigate firearms. Stupid stupid us.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
This must be terribly important to some people.
Ya think? If you're like most guys, it'd be like forking over your wife's engagement ring (costwise) while the dude you'd be handing it to was looking at you as if you were a murdering rapist.

Ezra takes a run at it.....and he is dead on.

RCMP gun grab | Ezra Levant
That guest speaker pretty much had the implications dead on.

F'k I'm pissed. Maybe it's time the entire batch of ArseyMP (thanks,Nuggs) bureaucrats be keelhauled and left for the bottomfeeders in some swamp.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
It's not the rank and file RCMP s making those new rules......It's the political type desk jockeys at the top.
Wait ! say it ain't so :shock:
But the Liberals are out and the Conservatives are in.......... ohhhh this is so going to mess with Colpy's head

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
But the Liberals are out and the Conservatives are in.......... ohhhh this is so going to mess with Colpy's head
Maybe I should have spelled it out "the political type desk jockeys in the RCMP"
Whose power over the firearm selection was given by the "Liberals"
I know this is confusing for some, but Harper promised to do away with the registry.....which he did....But the firearms act of 1998 lives on.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Maybe I should have spelled it out "the political type desk jockeys in the RCMP"
Whose power over the firearm selection was given by the "Liberals"
I know this is confusing for some, but Harper promised to do away with the registry.....which he did....But the firearms act of 1998 lives on.

And so do the social engineers and dogooders. They're almost as freakin' insidious.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Not at all.

Harper has never been a "gun guy", he even voted FOR the Firearms Act on first reading when he was a Reform MP (and THEY could vote freely, remember?? sigh).

He promised to end the gun registry. He did so. I've been telling people ever since "That's ALL you are gonna get."

It is a heck of a lot better than the alternatives. And hopefully, we can make the gov't see the error of their ways in the idiotic classification system.

IMHO, there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system, and it should be made simple.

Prohibited: Firearms that can fire in Full automatic mode.

Restricted: Firearms less than 75 cm long.

Non-restricted: Anything else.

But....that makes WAY too much sense.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not at all.

Harper has never been a "gun guy", he even voted FOR the Firearms Act on first reading when he was a Reform MP (and THEY could vote freely, remember?? sigh).

He promised to end the gun registry. He did so. I've been telling people ever since "That's ALL you are gonna get."

It is a heck of a lot better than the alternatives. And hopefully, we can make the gov't see the error of their ways in the idiotic classification system.

IMHO, there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system, and it should be made simple.

Prohibited: Firearms that can fire in Full automatic mode.

Restricted: Firearms less than 75 cm long.

Non-restricted: Anything else.

But....that makes WAY too much sense.
Of course but the RCMP have a paranoid streak when it comes to civilians ( us , the citizens of this country who employ them ),
they believe any gun whatever its purpose is a direct threat. Look at how the rank and file are taught. They all wear these big bulky Kevlar vests even in the hottest weather . If you get pulled over for a traffic infraction one stands at the corner of your vehicle with hand on gun giving cover to his partner approaching the car' driver .Where does the idea come that there is a killer behind every tree ? Television ? Certainly not real life .
Funny though I watched a take down as it occurred right in front of me . Obviously undercover officers surround the suspect vehicle and converged with guns out , funny these guys were ready for a shootout but most were not wearing Kevlar .

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Of course but the RCMP have a paranoid streak when it comes to civilians ( us , the citizens of this country who employ them ),
they believe any gun whatever its purpose is a direct threat. Look at how the rank and file are taught. They all wear these big bulky Kevlar vests even in the hottest weather . If you get pulled over for a traffic infraction one stands at the corner of your vehicle with hand on gun giving cover to his partner approaching the car' driver .Where does the idea come that there is a killer behind every tree ? Television ? Certainly not real life .
Funny though I watched a take down as it occurred right in front of me . Obviously undercover officers surround the suspect vehicle and converged with guns out , funny these guys were ready for a shootout but most were not wearing Kevlar .

I kind of understand the paranoia. Next to "domestic violence" calls, traffic stops are deemed the most dangerous. I've seen the OPP do this as well - officer at the rear with his hand on the butt of the gun. They all want to go home at night. Selfish, eh.!!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Well, gun owners are not really people, so obviously they don't have any rights.

If someone wants to use a gun, their use should be restricted to some sort of hunger games type competition that is televised for the enjoyment of all of the actual people.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I kind of understand the paranoia. Next to "domestic violence" calls, traffic stops are deemed the most dangerous. I've seen the OPP do this as well - officer at the rear with his hand on the butt of the gun. They all want to go home at night. Selfish, eh.!!
YUP how many of your friends are packing just waiting to pick of a traffic cop ? Happens all the time .

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well, gun owners are not really people, so obviously they don't have any rights.

If someone wants to use a gun, their use should be restricted to some sort of hunger games type competition that is televised for the enjoyment of all of the actual people.
I live among bears, wolves and lynx - none of whom are afraid when hungry. C'mon up and be my camera guy

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
SO the poor dumb fools that registered their guns are about to have them stolen by the largest criminal organization in Canada. Since the registry was supposedly destroyed how they going to know who has the rifles in question?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It's not the rank and file RCMP s making those new rules......It's the political type desk jockeys at the top.
S'why I said "the ArseyMP bureaucrats". :)

SO the poor dumb fools that registered their guns are about to have them stolen by the largest criminal organization in Canada. Since the registry was supposedly destroyed how they going to know who has the rifles in question?
There's a pile that they don't know about and never did know about. Lots of people didn't register ALL their firearms. Some didn't register any.