'Thank an Indian' shirt generates intense reaction

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Almost every Rez in SK is surrounded by Ukrainian homesteads. The English didn't want to be near any of 'those people" so they to created buffers. In the end the FNs and Ukrainians relied on each other and in some places still do today.
Which is great. As time goes on, the effects of the past will smooth out. Certainly the best way to slow that process is differential treatment.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The kids in her school decided to make their own shirts in support. They will say "We are all treaty people'.
And that's the thing.... we all got signed into this perpetual agreement that, well, sucks balls. White, french, native, recent immigrant, doesn't matter. We got signed up whether we wanted to or not. I find it weird that as Idle No More is pushing to educate people about what it really means, people like Tittler are freaking out and crying discrimination.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Which is great. As time goes on, the effects of the past will smooth out. Certainly the best way to slow that process is differential treatment.

Things are changing rapidly on the prairie. F'N men and women are taking full advantage of the opportunities that weren't available before. The animosity is dying off with the old and the faces of the communities are FN and white.

In another 10 years poverty a sh*tty memory. Any poverty will be by choice. There are no longer any excuses.

And that's the thing.... we all got signed into this perpetual agreement that, well, sucks balls. White, french, native, recent immigrant, doesn't matter. We got signed up whether we wanted to or not. I find it weird that as Idle No More is pushing to educate people about what it really means, people like Tittler are freaking out and crying discrimination.
Tilter is against racism but just has an odd way of going about trying alleviate the problem. She has this thing about legal equality so she says.

Yep, just some down time today due to snow. The WoT server I was on went down, so I figured I'd drop by while I heated up my lunch.
Thanks for dropping by. What are you building?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Tilter is against racism but just has an odd way of going about trying alleviate the problem. She has this thing about legal equality so she says.

Sounds to me like what she has is a case of 'where's my drama'? I'll go read up on her cause and see if anything convinces me otherwise.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Things are changing rapidly on the prairie. F'N men and women are taking full advantage of the opportunities that weren't available before. The animosity is dying off with the old and the faces of the communities are FN and white.

In another 10 years poverty a sh*tty memory. Any poverty will be by choice. There are no longer any excuses.
Nonsense. The only infinitely renewable resource is excuses.

I don't mind racism. If you're stupid enough to believe that a person can be accurately judged by melanin content, I'd like to know that up front. Saves time.

And the "poor poor victimised whites" crew are always good for a laugh.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
SO the effects of Dutch disease is on you. MF & tay will be hurt.
All one has to do is watch the rail yards. If the trains are moving, so is the economy. Mining's picking up, contract mining companies from Ont are sending more equip west.

Hell, they're buying it from around the world, rebuilding it, and selling it to the west.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I'm more of a libertarian bent, so I think she should be able to wear what she pleases. Then again, that means I would also support a shirt said that said "Not swinging from the trees--thank a white guy!" I think that would be a stupid and divisive shirt to wear--as is this one--but I would support the right of someone to wear it.

As for the actual truth of the claim, the relationship with the First Nations in Canada was primarily poeaceful. However the reality is that, if the First Nations had not sigend treaty, the British/French/proto-Canadains would have just pushed them aside the way the Americans did.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
I dig the humour. Has about the same effect on me as standing behind someone wearing a hat with "native pride" stencilled across the back. I dig the native pride, in truth the culture in general but I can't help but wonder if he were standing behind me would he dig it if my hat said "white pride"?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I dig the humour. Has about the same effect on me as standing behind someone wearing a hat with "native pride" stencilled across the back. I dig the native pride, in truth the culture in general but I can't help but wonder if he were standing behind me would he dig it if my hat said "white pride"?
If white pride wasn`t already hijacked, I`d say go for it.

Gravy spec production work. Long term?
Short term rebuilding.