Vatican ethics expert Ignacio Carrasco de Paula slams Nobel Prize for IVF pioneer

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
"Vatican ethics?" Isn't that a bit like "military intelligence" or "Congressional action" or "honest lawyer?"

Now I know I support IVF. The Catholic church has been on the wrong side of every moral issue for the last 1000 years.

Well-I support IVF too. and anti virus inoculation for STDs, despite my local bishop's stance...

As well as dank basements to be cleared, the Vatican has some soaring chambers of thought. Their stance on Wealth distribution and the economics of a fair world are pretty good.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Wasn't a Catholic Bishop arrested crossing the Italian border on a wealth distribution mission just last week? He must not have gotten the papal memo about the new improved stance.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
As well as dank basements to be cleared, the Vatican has some soaring chambers of thought. Their stance on Wealth distribution and the economics of a fair world are pretty good.

Take a look at the dollars that they've raised for tens of thousands of charitable donations (cash, work, etc) in every community regardless of where they operate.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wasn't a Catholic Bishop arrested crossing the Italian border on a wealth distribution mission just last week? He must not have gotten the papal memo about the new improved stance.
Old timers eh? I guess he didn't have a Papal account to send money (or rake it in). Don't you use your Papal acct on eBay?

Take a look at the dollars that they've raised for tens of thousands of charitable donations (cash, work, etc) in every community regardless of where they operate.
Feeding seniors and homeless aint cheap.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Does anyone care what the kiddiddlers club thinks?

I disagreed with the teachings of the catholic church, so I left it. You're free to do the same.

Also, the church never approved of child sex abuse, so let's not pin that on it. There is evidence that at least individuals within the Church tried to hide the abuse of other priests, and there are some questions as to whether that was official church policy, and that's a serious problem, but I think the Church is working to resolve that.

However, if you disagree with its doctrines, you are free to leave it too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I disagreed with the teachings of the catholic church, so I left it. You're free to do the same.

Also, the church never approved of child sex abuse, so let's not pin that on it. There is evidence that at least individuals within the Church tried to hide the abuse of other priests, and there are some questions as to whether that was official church policy, and that's a serious problem, but I think the Church is working to resolve that.

The Church has always been at work resolving that er ah issue. God bless them, the task is beyond earthly hands apparently.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Also, why imply that all catholic priests are predators when there are so many more legitimate claims to launch against it, such as special privileges in the constitution.

The Church has always been at work resolving that er ah issue. God bless them, the task is beyond earthly hands apparently.

It has been a problem for a while, granted. Decades in fact. But still, we don't need to start slandering all priests for the works of the others.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

What did you learn that was disapproving? Catholics don't drool all over the OT like the heretic christians. A few Psalms here and there but the rest is all NT.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Also, why imply that all catholic priests are predators when there are so many more legitimate claims to launch against it, such as special privileges in the constitution.

It has been a problem for a while, granted. Decades in fact. But still, we don't need to start slandering all priests for the works of the others.

I know it seems just so unfair to the innocents but if you knowingly associate with and abet the criminal actions of others you must bear the condemnation. And even if you did not knowingly abet and aid criminals you should be aware of your associations associations.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What did you learn that was disapproving? Catholics don't drool all over the OT like the heretic christians. A few Psalms here and there but the rest is all NT.

For one thing, where's the Pope in the Bible?
Secondly, if you take the assention of Jesus literally (i.e. that he physically actually rose to the skies like a rocket), then can that would mean that identifying heaven woudl be a question for NASA, not theologians. so, is heaven within you, or at a particular cosmic coordinate?

I know it seems just so unfair to the innocents but if you knowingly associate with and abet the criminal actions of others you must bear the condemnation. And even if you did not knowingly abet and aid criminals you should be aware of your associations associations.

True enough. Innocent priests must make a decision.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
For one thing, where's the Pope in the Bible?
Secondly, if you take the assention of Jesus literally (i.e. that he physically actually rose to the skies like a rocket), then can that would mean that identifying heaven woudl be a question for NASA, not theologians. so, is heaven within you, or at a particular cosmic coordinate?

True enough. Innocent priests must make a decision.
Peter, it's not meant to be taken literally, the heaven you seek in the universe IS THE UNIVERSE!

It's pretty clear an nobody is hiding anything.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

It goes well beyond that. Every single individual in a position of authority in the heirarchy engaged in every conceivable theological, legal, and social trick, including coercing the parents of abused children, to cover for abusive priests. That's accessory. And it was all of them, and that's RICO.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It goes well beyond that. Every single individual in a position of authority in the heirarchy engaged in every conceivable theological, legal, and social trick, including coercing the parents of abused children, to cover for abusive priests. That's accessory. And it was all of them, and that's RICO.

What the fu ck is RICO?