U.S. death row inmate says he's too obese to be executed

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Nope because a lot of murder or manslaughter happen because of love.

That is true, I spoke too fast, just going on the assumption that of the tiny minority who actually get the death sentence, they'd have to be the worst of the worst. I should know better.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is true, I spoke too fast, just going on the assumption that of the tiny minority who actually get the death sentence, they'd have to be the worst of the worst. I should know better.
Don't blame yourself for being human.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I do have a question though. How long is it acceptable to torment a convict with the death sentence? Should there be a point beyond which the death sentence must be converted to life imprisonment? After all, immagine spending years on death row. Honestly, that would be worse than a quick death. For instance, if the convict is not executed yeat past X days, or X months, or 1 year or whatever, then would it be appropriate to say it's not humane to let that hanging over his head so long and it's now time to convert it to life in prison?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I do have a question though. How long is it acceptable to torment a convict with the death sentence? Should there be a point beyond which the death sentence must be converted to life imprisonment? After all, immagine spending years on death row. Honestly, that would be worse than a quick death. For instance, if the convict is not executed yeat past X days, or X months, or 1 year or whatever, then would it be appropriate to say it's not humane to let that hanging over his head so long and it's now time to convert it to life in prison?

We all have a death sentence and most of us have no idea when we are going to die. Gawd is such a prick.