Epic Anti-Global Warming Monologue

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
What we’ve got to do in energy conservation is try to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, to have approached global warming as if it is real means energy conservation, so we will be doing the right thing anyway in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.

—Timothy Wirth, former U.S. Senator (D-Colorado)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Politicians make funny comments about how to use science to influence policy.

Anthropogenic global warming therefore does not exist.
-- Kakato

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
More people says stuff I like to hear.

Global warming denied confirmed.

Fear is a powerful tool and apparently is working well on you folks.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
This cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people. If it continues and no strong action is taken, it will cause world famine, world chaos and world war, and this could all come about before the year 2000.

—Lowell Ponte in “The Cooling”, 1976

This cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people. If it continues and no strong action is taken, it will cause world famine, world chaos and world war, and this could all come about before the year 2000.

—Lowell Ponte in “The Cooling”, 1976

Lowell Ponte was a radio and TV performer, not a scientist. Does it matter what he wrote. Scientists have been warning of the warming since around 1959. In the 1970s, following the aerosol induced hiatus in the warming - not the cooling that is pretended - there were a couple of scientists who speculated on the possibility of severe cooling IF we continued to pollute. But most continued to stress that their research was pointing to warming..

Apart from a few sensational magazine claims there was no consideration of any Global cooling.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Lowell Ponte was a radio and TV performer, not a scientist. Does it matter what he wrote. Scientists have been warning of the warming since around 1959. In the 1970s, following the aerosol induced hiatus in the warming - not the cooling that is pretended - there were a couple of scientists who speculated on the possibility of severe cooling IF we continued to pollute. But most continued to stress that their research was pointing to warming..

Apart from a few sensational magazine claims there was no consideration of any Global cooling.

Facts are harmful to people who believe they are skeptics but are just deniers.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Has a much larger carbon footprint, too! :)

Oh the Carbon Footprint of these people is irrelevant. Remember when Al Gore gave mass absolution to the Hollywood Elite for one year in the form of carbon credits (i.e. a piece of paper in their gift bag) when he received his Oscar?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Don't forget Suzuki.

Gore and Suzuki sitting in a Greek olive tree, dropping environmental WMDs.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
And, it is fear that brings denial. Fear and refusal to face what may lie ahead. It is a normal human condition that some of us get over and do something about it.

Humans do not want to face their mortality or their vulnerability.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And, it is fear that brings denial. Fear and refusal to face what may lie ahead. It is a normal human condition that some of us get over and do something about it.

Humans do not want to face their mortality or their vulnerability.

Nothing lies ahead though. It's not denial. We aren't buying it. It's foolishness.

Question... does thinking like that make you feel more confident in your crusade?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another United States: We can’t let other countries have the same number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the U.S. We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are. And it is important to the rest of the world to make sure that they don’t suffer economically by virtue of our stopping them.

—Michael Oppenheimer, Environmental Defense Fund

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
If the climate change adherents are expecting total philanthropy from the workers in the hive while they collect a fat paycheck they don't know squat about humanity.
The only thing that is going to save this overpopulated Orb is a mass die off. Even then the planet will continue as before so i will just be concerned about the here and now, just call me grasshopper.
The whole mess makes me wonder if perhaps the global warming scaremongers are actually religious fanatics in drag, trying to get points with their version of a deity, but more likely just determined to elevate themselves in the hive.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If the climate change adherents are expecting total philanthropy from the workers in the hive while they collect a fat paycheck they don't know squat about humanity.
The only thing that is going to save this overpopulated Orb is a mass die off. Even then the planet will continue as before so i will just be concerned about the here and now, just call me grasshopper.
The whole mess makes me wonder if perhaps the global warming scaremongers are actually religious fanatics in drag, trying to get points with their version of a deity, but more likely just determined to elevate themselves in the hive.

Sweet...

And in a mass die off guess what... the climate will change! If every human is ZAPPED tomorrow the climate will change!

I find great interest though that the Global Warming crowd calls everyone who does not subscribe to their fanaticism "deniers". That lends me to the belief that they actually think that we truly believe in their theory but deny it over fear.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Have you not yet perceived that is is the deniers who rely on faith. That it is science taht activates the Climate change adherents.?

Which is closer to religion?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
If you wanted to actually talk science, you're gonna get blasted.

Where would you like to begin?