BBC's hidden 'warmist' agenda is rapidly unravelling

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Since 2006, the BBC has relentlessly promoted the global warming orthodoxy as a pressure group in its own right.

The story of the BBC’s bias on global warming gets ever murkier. Last week there was quite a stir over a new report for the BBC Trust which criticised several programmes for having been improperly funded or sponsored by outside bodies. One, for instance, lauded the work of Envirotrade, a Mauritius-based firm cashing in on the global warming scare by selling “carbon offsets”, which it turned out had given the BBC money to make the programme.

Just as this scandal broke, I was also completing a report, to be published next month by the Global Warming Policy Foundation, on the BBC’s coverage of climate change. It ranges from the puffing of scare stories dreamed up by “climate activists”, to BBC reporting on wind farms, often no more than shameless propaganda for the wind industry. Part of the story told in my report is the unhealthily close relationship that developed between the BBC and organisations professionally involved in the “warmist” cause.

more

The BBC's hidden 'warmist' agenda is rapidly unravelling - Telegraph

Very related and more:

BBC Environment Analyst Received 15000 Pounds From ClimateGate University

On Sunday, coincidentally the second anniversary of 2010's ClimateGate scandal, Britain's Daily Mail exposed the BBC's Roger Harrabin for having taken £15,000 from the very university at the heart the damning email messages demonstrating a nefarious collusion between the world's top climate alarmists:

A senior BBC journalist accepted £15,000 in grants from the university at the heart of the ‘Climategate’ scandal – and later went on to cover the story without declaring an interest to viewers. Roger Harrabin, the BBC’s ‘environment analyst’, used the money from the University of East Anglia’s Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research to fund an ‘ad hoc’ partnership he ran with a friend.
Mr Harrabin, an influential figure who both broadcasts and advises other BBC journalists, later reported extensively about Climategate.
Readers might recognize Harrabin as the BBC reporter who materially altered an article back in April 2008 to incite climate hysteria. It was later discovered that he had done so under pressure from a global warming activist.
Now, as the Daily Mail reports, we find out that he's taken money from ClimateGate U:
In none of Mr Harrabin’s reports on the [ClimateGate] were the grants that he and his friend Dr Joe Smith had received from UEA ever mentioned. However, BBC insiders claim that the use to which the money was put – annual Real World seminars for top BBC executives on issues including climate change – had a significant impact on the Corporation’s output.
‘The seminars organised by Roger and his friend were part of a process which has effectively stifled all debate within the BBC about man-made global warming,’ said one senior journalist. ‘As far as the high-ups are concerned, the science is settled.’
But there's more:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nope. No scams at all. It's all real and you're going to die in the Canadian deserts from eating a poisonous cacti.

Vaessen

Nominee Member
Oct 30, 2011
global warming may be real, I don't believe in it personally, but nobody can deny that it's roots are in globalist one world government scum that founded the club of Rome. There are political reasons for it's existence and we'll never really know if anything they say about the so-called science of it is true because the universities are over run by the same scum with the same agendas and they don't do science anymore. They had their conclusions and they try to reach them. There's no funding for experiments that will emphatically disprove things. It's all BS.

I watched some garbage on CBC the other day and had a good laugh. it was about the polar bears. "Oh the ice melts early and doesn't form until later now so the Bears have less time to eat, and now they're over running Churchill."

No, that's not at all what's happening. Bears aren't stupid, it's easier to get food in town so they migrate there. The Polar Bear populations in Canada are triple what they were 40 years ago. These people are so full of sh!t that it's unbelievable at times.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
global warming may be real, I don't believe in it personally, but nobody can deny that it's roots are in globalist one world government scum that founded the club of Rome. There are political reasons for it's existence and we'll never really know if anything they say about the so-called science of it is true because the universities are over run by the same scum with the same agendas and they don't do science anymore.

Derpy fail. I will deny it's roots are in a one world government. And I'll even give you links to the basic physics that are actually at the root of the problem.

The Club of Rome was founded in 1968.

Joseph Fourier first discovered what we now call the greenhouse effect, in the early 1820's:
Joseph Fourier: The Greenhouse Effect, first edition

John Tyndall, 1861, On the Absorption and Radiation of Heat by Gases and Vapours, and on the Physical Connexion of radiation, Absorption and Conduction.

Svante Arrhenius, 1896, On the Influence of Carbonic Acid in the Air upon the Temperature of the Ground

Canadian Physicist Gilbert Plass, in the 1950's, read his Wikipedia profile:
Gilbert Plass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All before the Club of Rome even existed. You'll need plenty of tinfoil if you wish to claim that any political agenda goes back that far.

Vaessen

Nominee Member
Oct 30, 2011
Derpy fail. I will deny it's roots are in a one world government. And I'll even give you links to the basic physics that are actually at the root of the problem.

The Club of Rome was founded in 1968.

Joseph Fourier first discovered what we now call the greenhouse effect, in the early 1820's:
Joseph Fourier: The Greenhouse Effect, first edition

John Tyndall, 1861, On the Absorption and Radiation of Heat by Gases and Vapours, and on the Physical Connexion of radiation, Absorption and Conduction.

Svante Arrhenius, 1896, On the Influence of Carbonic Acid in the Air upon the Temperature of the Ground

Canadian Physicist Gilbert Plass, in the 1950's, read his Wikipedia profile:
Gilbert Plass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All before the Club of Rome even existed. You'll need plenty of tinfoil if you wish to claim that any political agenda goes back that far.

What about the Life magazine cover about the dangers of global cooling that came out in the 70s? You can look back afterwards and find BS about global warming, and others can look back and find other retarded scientific theories that you try to think are legit today but look where the money is and who's behind it.

Rothschild family funded Al Gore's big world concert. Rockefeller family funds all of the UN initiatives on climate, and the UN itself, frankly. They were caught lying about the numbers in the climategate scandal. There was an obvious conspiracy to not give any credence to any scientists that disagree with their finding exposed in that coverup, including getting people fired from prominent universities.

Like I said, it might be true, but if it is it's a coincidence. The people propagating this garbage are full of sh!t.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What about the Life magazine cover about the dangers of global cooling that came out in the 70s?

Sensational journalism. Shouldn't be surprising. Some meteorologists even published a paper about this popular meme:
Here's their Figure 1:

Click on the figure to go to the paper, or you can google the title of the paper:

"The Myth of the 1970's Global Cooling Scientific Consensus"

I guess you are a tinfoiler...Conspiracy to the core ehh...another one.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol Don't think the globe is warming? You should get out more.

This isn't about global warming specifically but it's pretty interesting:

NOVA | Secrets Beneath the Ice

Particularly interesting to me was that vast amounts of the ice may be melting and we wouldn't know it because it may be melting from underneath. This makes sense considering oceanic warming.
Also, there's this bit of interesting stuff:

http://www.livescience.com/6462-greenland-rising-rapidly-ice-melts.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111209123214.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110728144727.htm

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's almost mid February and Lake Simcoe is still sans ice.

I blame global warming for my presence here.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Cook's Bay has good fishing. Looks busy today.
If you like dink Perch or the odd pike, mixed with the ever present scream of sleds.

I'm a Whitefish, Laker kinda angler.

Next weekend I'll hit Lake Joseph for some hefty Lakers, after it opens on the 15th.

Which side are you on? West or Wick?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If you like dink Perch or the odd pike, mixed with the ever present scream of sleds.

I'm a Whitefish, Laker kinda angler.

Next weekend I'll hit Lake Joseph for some hefty Lakers, after it opens on the 15th.

Which side are you on? West or Wick?
Visitin' the Wick.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I read the first article all it said was that elephant seals dive deeper in warmer water.
They assumed that was where the food was(is). Quite interesting really.