BBC's hidden 'warmist' agenda is rapidly unravelling

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Watching is the easy part. Thinking about and finding out about why isn't the easy part. I guess science isn't very easy for you.

It shouldn't be too difficult to understand...elephant seals prey mainly on squid and fish, both are poikilothermic which means their metabolic rate varies dependent on the ambient environmental temperature. So if surface waters get warmer, as the heat convects downward in the ocean, the prey have to dive deeper to maintain their optimal metabolic rate. Therefore the predators will also have to dive deeper.

Derp.

That's what the science would predict. Now they will test it. There are many successful predictions that occur just like this. Much of climate science was predicted by theory just like this before the tech was in place to make the observations necessary to confirm the hypotheses.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It shouldn't be too difficult to understand...elephant seals prey mainly on squid and fish, both are poikilothermic which means their metabolic rate varies dependent on the ambient environmental temperature. So if surface waters get warmer, as the heat convects downward in the ocean, the prey have to dive deeper to maintain their optimal metabolic rate. Therefore the predators will also have to dive deeper.

Derp.

That's what the science would predict. Now they will test it. There are many successful predictions that occur just like this. Much of climate science was predicted by theory just like this before the tech was in place to make the observations necessary to confirm the hypotheses.
Yup. Not too difficult for you and me anyway. Or even those at the lowest end of average intelligence scales (IQs of 70 to 130 I think).

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yup. Not too difficult for you and me anyway. Or even those at the lowest end of average intelligence scales (IQs of 70 to 130 I think).
I understand you are genius,however nowhere in that article do they establish that the oceans are warming.
Assumptions aren't prove.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I understand you are genius,however nowhere in that article do they establish that the oceans are warming.
Assumptions aren't prove.

So, in order to study anything, researchers must reinvent the wheel every single time they study something, including previous work, and instead of say, citing previous research? That's just not how science works.

And the oceans are warming. Here's a figure from Levitus et al. 2009:

The oceans should be warming...there is a net downward flux of radiation at the top of our atmosphere. More radiation is coming in than is escaping. Something is preventing radiation from escaping back into space...So the Earth must warm. Why wouldn't the oceans warm?