Big Explosion in Oslo

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Your opinion.....

No, actually that would be Godwin's opinion...

Notice the right wing ideology comparison right at the start of the post I was answering.....It is a common tactic of the left to use race or nazism to stifle the opposition in an argument....political correctness be damned:smile:
Oh whatever. It's not common to any spectrum, it's common to extremist ideologues, left, right, up, and down. Judging by the context of that post, ariadne didn't seem to be comparing it to any right wing ideology...she's talking about the man who murdered all those people, about his ideology, which just happens to be right-wing. Maybe she will clarify for you if you ask her, rather than assume she's a partisan like some others here :tongue:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
My computer keeps hanging when I post on this thread. He has no religious affiliation. He is a right wing ideologist that thought he could handicap a political party by murdering children on an isolated island. He's nuts if he thinks that 15 year olds have political opinions. I can't respon on this thread anymore ... something's wrong with it ... slow

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think making this about politics or religion is huge mistake. That is not what this guy is about. This guy is a mass murderer, hate and anger is what he's all about. He wants this to be about politics, well don't let him.

When that crowd of tens of thousands of people gathered in Norway for one moment of national silence and spontaneously gave a five minute silence in reverance to the victims, that silence spoke volumns. That crowd saw right through him. The people of Norway, I think, see right through him. This guy is not an example of right wing ideology, he is an example of the bitterness and ugliness of hatred and anger. He is also a coward as only a coward would choose to shoot unarmed teenagers in the back as they were fleeing.

This guy is no different than the man who shot his ex-wife and her relatives at that bowling alley during his son's birthday party on the weekend. Bitter, angry little men. Cowards who cannot deal with their own life so they extinguish the lives of others.

This guy has a politcal agenda? I say, screw him.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Visceral hatred against anyone based on their religion is lunacy, and hatred of a person is always dangerous.

True but why then do you hate Muslims?

This guy is a twisted, psychotic sociopath looking for a podium from which to preach...............they should have shot him on the spot.

He was shot I believe, but it was not fatal.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
"If you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God then you are a religious Christian. Myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God. We do however believe in Christianity as a cultural, social, identity and moral platform. That makes us Christian."

On his Facebook profile, Breivik describes himself as a Christian.[16] He states that he chose to be baptised into the Protestant Church of Norway at the age of 15 although he later became disenchanted with Norway's State Church, supporting “an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic” in an online post in 2009.[18]

Breivik condemns Pope Benedict XVI, for his dialogue with Islam: “Pope Benedict has abandoned Christianity and all Christian Europeans and is to be considered a cowardly, incompetent, corrupt and illegitimate Pope.” It will thus be necessary, writes Breivik, to overthrow the Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, after which a “Great Christian Congress” would set up a new European Church.[88]

Anders Behring Breivik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He sounds pretty damn Christian to me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
On his Facebook profile, Breivik describes himself as a Christian.[16] He states that he chose to be baptised into the Protestant Church of Norway at the age of 15 although he later became disenchanted with Norway's State Church, supporting “an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic” in an online post in 2009.[18]

Breivik condemns Pope Benedict XVI, for his dialogue with Islam: “Pope Benedict has abandoned Christianity and all Christian Europeans and is to be considered a cowardly, incompetent, corrupt and illegitimate Pope.” It will thus be necessary, writes Breivik, to overthrow the Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, after which a “Great Christian Congress” would set up a new European Church.[88]

Christians don't butcher innocents.

It is a violation of every aspect of Christian philosophy.

Christianity has no call to jihad.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

He also stated that he had not attended any religious services since he was a teen, hardly a practicing Christian, in the traditional sense anyways.

The guy is a psychopath first and foremost, being Christian had little to do with it in my opinion.

That's not entirely true (crusades) but irrelevant in this case anyways.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

What is the difference between kill and murder? The Hebrew Bible says killing is fine but murder is a no no. Who bastardized your Bible to make you think otherwise?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
To the Christian bashers: Question......
When was the last witch burning sanctioned by the church or when was the last church sanctioned crusade.....or Church sanctioned stoning?????
Compare that with islamic sanctioned fatwa kill orders or islamic sanctioned honour killings, stoning, killing of gays....etc...etc...

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

You don't have to exercise every aspect of Christianity to be a Christian.

The same goes for all religions.

When was the last witch burning sanctioned by the church or when was the last church sanctioned crusade.....or Church sanctioned stoning?????
Compare that with islamic sanctioned fatwa kill orders or islamic sanctioned honour killings, stoning, killing of gays....etc...etc...

Not bashing Christians. Just pointing out that Breivik is a Christian.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What was Islam up to during the "dark ages"? Sitting around eating figs and getting diarrhea or did they dive head first into sciences, building and music?

It took the Crusades for Islam's knowledge to make it to the Holy Roman Empire (different than Roman Empire) that started the Cathedral building spree.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I wasn't bashing Christians if you read my post, my point was that Christian's do not get off scott free when it comes to killing in the name of religion, more of a historical thing then anything, but still true.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I wasn't bashing Christians if you read my post, my point was that Christian's do not get off scott free when it comes to killing in the name of religion, more of a historical thing then anything, but still true.

In this case it seems like Breivik employs the obvious tropes that have been associated with fundamentalist christians for decades now..

1.) Extreme right-wing views
2.) Hatred for muslims
3.) Promotion of violence

He's not a basket case. This is all standard fare.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That comment was not aimed at you or I would have quoted you.....but other individuals in this forum....too many to quote.
Sorry if it seemed to be in answer to your post in which in fact argues against religion as a motive.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"We are in a conflict between good and evil. And America will call evil by its name,"

"There is wonder-working power in the goodness and idealism of the American people,"

GW Bush

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2921345.stm

That comment was not aimed at you or I would have quoted you.....but other individuals in this forum....too many to quote.
Sorry if it seemed to be in answer to your post in which in fact argues against religion as a motive.
If you feel your "sect" of alleged Christianity is being slammed well then **** you! I can count the vaild forms of Christianity on one hand without using my thumb.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you feel your "sect" of alleged Christianity is being slammed well then **** you! I can count the vaild forms of Christianity on one hand without using my thumb.

All this because you're a Dhimwit or dhim*mi

Just for you:smile:

‪You Owe Us an Apology‬‏ - YouTube

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
In this case it seems like Breivik employs the obvious tropes that have been associated with fundamentalist christians for decades now..

1.) Extreme right-wing views
2.) Hatred for muslims
3.) Promotion of violence

He's not a basket case. This is all standard fare.

He is a basket case. If he was an actual committed, right-wing, Christian terrorist, he would have been killing the objects of his hatred (Muslims), not his fellow Norwegians.