Big Explosion in Oslo

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I think the confusion over whether it was an extremist group or an unhappy man born and raised in Norway unraveled in the news yesterday afternoon. News reports first suggested that it was a terrorist act. It's too bad for Islamic extremists that each time buildings are blown up, and children are randomly murdered en masse, that they are the first suspect ... Islamic extremists should stop blowing up buildings and then they wouldn't be the first suspect.

It was known and reported yesterday afternoon already that it was a 32 Norwegian and not an Islamic extremist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Obviously a closet Muslim:

Was the rest of the band involved or just Sting?

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
It's not unreasonable to assume that this type of attack is due to islamic barbarians, hoever."right wing extremists" will never be able to match the carnage of the islamists tho...

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I think Islamic extremists draw the line at specifically targeting and killing children, 87 so far, because of religion.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not unreasonable to assume that this type of attack is due to islamic barbarians, hoever."right wing extremists" will never be able to match the carnage of the islamists tho...
I posted a nice graph on domestic terrorism in the US based on CIA figures. Islamics have a lot of catching up to do to hit #1. They haven't even surpassed the Jews yet let alone even scratched the surface compared to the latinos and "other".

"Other" just got upped in Oslo.

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Who's number one then?? As far as I know jews haven't terror bombed anyone..I think you visit some goofy sites...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Speaking of mediocre.

Right?

You're just as bad as the people who profile on appearance alone Juan.

bear you obviously missed my sarcasm, while posting a photo of Cat Stevens who thinks
all defamers of Allah should die.:roll:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yesterday, when I first heard of terrorist attacks, ect...in Oslo,
my first thoughts where Islamic Extremist Arseholes, and it
turns out that though was off-track...but it was my first thought.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
The Norwegian Prime Minister also assumed that only Islamic extremists would blow up buildings. He was on the news talking about how Norway would respond to terrorism with Democracy. Even the language used to describe the attacks mimicked the Twin Towers, describing the attacks as "twin". The confusion was further advanced when an Islamic group stepped forward and took credit for the attacks, although they retracted the claim shortly thereafter. Shortly after Prime Minister's first statement, he released information that a Norwegian had been arrested, that he was a home grown Norwegian and that the bombing and the shooting were carried out by the same person. The BBC was also pursuing the angle that the bombing was an Islamic extremist attack. It's not surprising that many people had the wrong impression in the first couple of hours following the bombing ... but it was cleared up shortly after the arrest.

I guess it's just like the Oklahoma bombing and other homegrown terrorists in the US ... first thoughts are that it's "not one of us" and then it turns out it is.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yesterday, when I first heard of terrorist attacks, ect...in Oslo,
my first thoughts where Islamic Extremist Arseholes, and it
turns out that though was off-track...but it was my first thought.
First thing that popped into my mind was Oslo Accord and figured nope, not Islamics.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was just being honest, and knew nothing beyond a bomb blew in a
crowded place at the time. It was wrong, but immeadiate.
1 thing is guaranteed about every bomber or gunman that do acts of violence like this whether religious reasons, political or personal. They are all nuts. Perhaps "other" is PC for crazy people?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Crazy is the only word for someone that poses as a policeman, pretends to be at a summer camp to debrief children about a bombing in Oslo and then proceeds to shoot them one at a time until 87 are dead. In fact, it seems like the bombing of the Labour Party office was a ruse to attack the children. What I think it interesting is that the suspect was taken alive. I have a feeling that if this happened in the US, he would have been shot dead at the scene.