Crimes Against Humanity Fugitive Ratko Mladic Captured

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA
Gen. Ratko Mladic has been captured. He was hiding out with relatives in Serbia.

Should you require proof of darkness operating freely in our world then this is one of the poster-boys for evil intent and action. This man slaughtered thousands with a crooked smile on his face whilst he assured the US president (at that time) and other world leaders that the media lied and he was not harming anyone. We must wonder why the world governments allowed him to continue. We also must consider that this evil is being conducted across our planet now in various forms in various countries against those who incapable of protecting themselves, their children and property.

Perhaps armageddon is here for the perpetrators of evil intent against humanity and our planet. It is about time that these mass murderers answer for their heinous crimes.

Obama bin Laden is dead so that's two of the world's most-wanted off the list.

The Middle East is in full revolution attempting to rid themselves of longterm evil dictators. The world is in upheaval. Though it is unfortunate that our world only knows how to address violence with more violence, to date, we can only hope that a better solution is in our collective future.

The Associated Press

Posted: May 26, 2011 6:48 AM ET

Last Updated: May 26, 2011 5:29 PM ET

Europe's most-wanted war crimes fugitive — Ratko Mladic, who is wanted for the alleged massacre of thousands of Muslim men and boys — has been arrested in Serbia after years in hiding.

Serbian President Boris Tadic confirmed the arrest Thursday. "Today, we close one chapter of our recent history that will bring us one step closer to full reconciliation in the region," he said during a news conference in Belgrade. "All crimes have to be fully investigated, and all war criminals must face justice."

Mladic is alleged to have led the forces that attacked the Bosnian town of Srebrenica, a UN-declared safe area, in the summer of 1995. In early July that year, more than 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were executed by Serbian forces, and the town's women and children were driven out of the area.

The rest of this article is at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/26/ratko-mladic-arrest-serbia.html
Mladic, Karadzic may be tried together

The arrest of Ratko Mladic could become a factor in the UN trial of Radovan Karadzic, the alleged mastermind of Bosnian Serb atrocities during the 1992-95 war, Karadzic's defence lawyer says.
Attorney Peter Robinson said that Karadzic's trial in The Hague is only about 20 per cent completed. He said judges may decide to try Mladic and Karadzic together.

Robinson told The Associated Press on Thursday that Karadzic's defence team must decide whether to continue the trial or to seek a halt and work with Mladic's defence team.

Karadzic was captured nearly three years ago, in disguise on a bus in Belgrade, the Serbian capital. The former Bosnian Serb leader is the highest-profile figure brought before the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal since former president Slobodan Milosevic, who died before his trial ended.

Just hours before the massacre, Mladic handed out candy to Muslim children in the town's square, assuring them everything would be fine and patting one child on the head. Then the shootings began and the bodies of the victims were bulldozed into mass graves.

Since the massacre, the bodies of thousands of the victims have been recovered, identified through DNA tests and laid to rest.
Mladic is wanted for genocide and has been on the run since 1995, when he was indicted by the UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

Prosecutors had complained that Serbia was not doing enough to bring Mladic to justice.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Good! It will be interesting listening to his bull**** as he tries to weasel his way out of the noose. THey could hang him and Karadzic with the same rope and let the creeps share a grave as they did to so many.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Good! It will be interesting listening to his bull**** as he tries to weasel his way out of the noose. THey could hang him and Karadzic with the same rope and let the creeps share a grave as they did to so many.

Unfortunately, he will be tried by the ICC.......

I think the Bosnians would do a better job, quicker, cheaper and with a more satisfying end.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why are all these 'old dictators' all developing 'heart problems' as soon as it comes to being questioned when the ones that really get tortured under their orders get nothing but battery acid up the peepee hole. It seems to be a case of high anixoity, same as the British navy personnel that were detained by Iran for a month or so. Nothing at all bad happened to them so why were they so scared all the time unless they were referencing their own training manual as to 'how captivity goes' . Iran had people trained by the CIA for decades, the playbook isn't updated all that often. You can waterboard a person for months with water, do it once with bleach and you have all the info that you are ever going to get from that person and you have to kill him after anyway.

Two questions.
what does this mean "Unfortunately, he will be tried by the ICC"
what does this mean "let the creeps share a grave a"

Once you are dead what happens to the corpse is meaningless (or it should be) Blackwater agents being dragged through the streets for killing 'civilians' and then not6 leaving the area very fast is 'tough love' as far as I'm concerned, time for them to update their training manual rather than bomb the **** out of the friends of the ones killed. In our Nation we would call it a crime created by the events of the moment, basically temporary insanity.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I think the Bosnians would do a better job, quicker, cheaper and with a more satisfying end.

What's wrong with Seal Team 6??? Or is one illegal ex-judicial assassination a year the limit.

I find it just slightly hilarious you are accepting of a trial but only want a different forum for this mass murderer who ended the lives of 100 times more than OBL but you were OK with not trying. Based on the number of deaths I would think it should be the other way around.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What's wrong with Seal Team 6??? Or is one illegal ex-judicial assassination a year the limit.

I find it just slightly hilarious you are accepting of a trial but only want a different forum for this mass murderer who ended the lives of 100 times more than OBL but you were OK with not trying. Based on the number of deaths I would think it should be the other way around.

Who said anything about a trial??? :)

Personally, I think war crimes trials are a bad joke.

We all know what he did, take him out in the woods and shoot him once behind the ear. Or do it on the front steps of the legislature of Bosnia-Herzegovina, so to avoid idiot conspiracy theories.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's been a whole day, isn't this trial and execution about due for closure?/

Need I remind you they crashed one of their stealth choppers (without injuries if you can believe that) so they are a few hairs short od being supermen. Word has it that more than a few died in that crash.

For perspective the attempted rescue of the hostages was not aborted because of forgetting to put on air-cleaners for a desert operation.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Who said anything about a trial??? :)

You did! :roll:

Personally, I think war crimes trials are a bad joke.
Well if it's a choice between ICC trials and just assassinating people I'll go with the trials

We all know what he did, take him out in the woods and shoot him once behind the ear. Or do it on the front steps of the legislature of Bosnia-Herzegovina, so to avoid idiot conspiracy theories.
At least I can give you credit for consistency in your support of 'kill em first - try em later'.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Well if it's a choice between ICC trials and just assassinating people I'll go with the trials

At least I can give you credit for consistency in your support of 'kill em first - try em later'.

Nooo, I said I would rather the Bosnians get him.............than the ICC.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I hope that the relatives that were harbouring this monster are also brought up on charges.

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA
I hope that the relatives that were harbouring this monster are also brought up on charges.

This is in news today:

Ratko Mladic family suspect and they are shocked to learn that he was arrested, adding that they have not had a chance to see him since May 2001.

Ratko Mladic son and wife,in a way they cheered the news because they finally learn that he is alive.So some of the Serbs agree and they are happy for his arrest but some of them support him as a national hero or legend.

Read more: Ratko Mladic Legend or Monster | Socyberty

Who knows the truth and who will risk the telling of it?

George W Bush should be lynched

Could you bestow upon us a bit more information regarding your comment?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Why it would have been better just to shoot him immediately....

More than 100 people have been arrested after clashes between hardcore nationalist supporters of jailed war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic and riot police erupted Sunday in Belgrade at a rally demanding his release. Baton-wielding police fought running battles with small groups throwing stones and bottles, overturning garbage cans, breaking traffic lights and setting off firecrackers. The skirmishes took place in several locations in the centre of the Serbian capital.
Officials say 16 people, including six policemen, were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The clashes came after an estimated crowd of 7,000 demonstrators, many singing nationalist songs and carrying banners honouring Mladic, poured into the street outside Serbia's parliament to demand the release of the wartime Bosnian commander, whom they consider a hero.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/29/mladic-serbia-rally.html

Now this gets dragged out for years......

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Wow! Watching you operate is like watching Jack Layton spin at its finest.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Genocide conviction upheld against former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Stephanie Van Den Berg and Anthony Deutsch
Publishing date:Jun 08, 2021 • 18 hours ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation
Former Bosnian Serb military leader Ratko Mladic sits in the courtroom prior to the pronouncement of his appeal judgment at the UN International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT) in The Hague, Netherlands, Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
Former Bosnian Serb military leader Ratko Mladic sits in the courtroom prior to the pronouncement of his appeal judgment at the UN International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT) in The Hague, Netherlands, Tuesday, June 8, 2021. PHOTO BY JERRY LAMPEN / POOL /REUTERS
Article content
THE HAGUE — United Nations war crimes judges on Tuesday upheld a genocide conviction and life sentence against former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic, confirming his central role in Europe’s worst atrocities since World War Two.

Mladic, 78, led Bosnian Serb forces during Bosnia’s 1992-95 war. He was convicted in 2017 on charges of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes including terrorizing the civilian population of the Bosnian capital Sarajevo during a 43-month siege, and the killing of more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys taken prisoner in the eastern town of Srebrenica in 1995.

The Weeknd cleans up at the 50th annual Juno Awards
Trackerdslogo
“His name should be consigned to the list of history’s most depraved and barbarous figures,” chief tribunal prosecutor Serge Brammertz said after the verdict. He urged all officials in the ethnically divided region of former Yugoslavia to condemn the ex-general.

Mladic, who had contested both the guilty verdict and life sentence at his trial, wore a dress shirt and black suit and stood looking at the floor as the appeals judgment was read out in court in The Hague.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The appeals chamber “dismisses Mladic appeal in its entirety…, dismisses the prosecution’s appeal in its entirety…, affirms the sentence of life imprisonment imposed on Mladic by the trial chamber,” presiding judge Prisca Nyambe said.

The outcome caps 25 years of trials at the ad hoc International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, which convicted 90 people. The ICTY is one of the predecessors of the International Criminal Court, the world’s first permanent war crimes court, also seated in The Hague.

“I hope that with this Mladic judgment children in (Bosnia’s Serb-run entity) Republika Srpska and children in Serbia who are living in lies will read this, ” Munira Subasic, whose son and husband were killed by Serb forces that overran Srebrenica, said after the ruling, highlighting Serb genocide denial.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Many Serbs still regard Mladic as a hero, not a criminal.

Post-war Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik, now chairing Bosnia’s tripartite inter-ethnic presidency, denounced the verdict. “It’s clear to us there is an attempt here to create a myth about genocide that never occurred,” Dodik said.

In Washington, the White House praised the work of the U.N. tribunals in bringing perpetrators of war crimes to justice.

“This historic judgment shows that those who commit horrific crimes will be held accountable. It also reinforces our shared resolve to prevent future atrocities from occurring anywhere in the world,” it said in a statement.

The appeals judges said Mladic, who after his ICTY indictment was a fugitive for 16 years until his 2011 capture, would remain in custody in The Hague while arrangements were made for his transfer to a state where he will serve his sentence. It is not yet known which country will take him.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Lawyers for Mladic had argued that the former general could not be held responsible for possible crimes committed by his subordinates. They sought an acquittal or a retrial.

Prosecutors had asked the appeals panel to uphold Mladic’s conviction and life sentence in full.

They also wanted him to be found guilty of an additional charge of genocide over a campaign of ethnic cleansing – a drive to expel Bosnian Muslims, Croats and other non-Serbs in order to carve out a Greater Serbia – in the early years of the war that included brutal detention camps that shocked the world.

That prosecution appeal was also dismissed. The 2017 verdict found that the ethnic cleansing campaign amounted to persecution – a crime against humanity – but not genocide.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
United Nations human rights chief Michelle Bachelet said on Tuesday the final Mladic ruling meant the international justice system had held him to account.

“Mladic’s crimes were the abhorrent culmination of hatred stoked for political gain,” Bachelet said in a statement.

The lower ICTY court ruled Mladic was part of “a criminal conspiracy” with Bosnian Serb political leaders. It also found he was in “direct contact” with then-Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic, who died in 2006 shortly before the verdict in his own ICTY trial for genocide and crimes against humanity.

Mladic was judged to have played a decisive role in some of the most gruesome crimes committed on European soil since the Nazi Holocaust of World War Two.

The tribunal determined that Mladic was pivotal in the Srebrenica slaughter – which occurred in a U.N.-designated “safe area” for civilians – since he controlled both the military and police units involved.