Who is the creator of the Devil?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Lucifer, Beelzebub, The Beast, Satan... He has been called many names and taken many strange different forms over the ages. So where does the concept of the traditional evil come from? The History of the Devil goes back to the ancient Middle East, even before the Old Testament to find the roots of Satan. The answer is in the ancient Mesopotamia. In Zoroastrianism it was believed that the all-knowing good God was Ahura Mazda, the one Uncreated Creator, and Ahriman was his antithesis, the God of chaos, the dark and evil one. Probably the bases of these teachings like heaven and hell, good and evil were transferred to the other monotheistic religions. Broadcasted in 2007.

The History of the Devil

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If I want to find out about medicine, I will ask a doctor....not a lawyer or a carpenter.
Same with religion, or a byproduct of religion...the devil..
I will ask a Rabbi, a priest, or a Mullah.....
Not an atheist web site.....:roll:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If I want to find out about medicine, I will ask a doctor....not a lawyer or a carpenter.
I will ask a Rabi, a priest, or a Mullah.....
Ahhh, hence my confusion.

I was going to say Mr. and Mrs. Trudeau, but I thought that was to predictable, lol.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The movie was produced by the BBC, the bastion of atheism - according to some religious fanatics. The movie is not an atheist movie, it is just posted on an atheist site. Besides, how are you going to know your enemy if you don't know how he thinks? Are you afraid you might learn something?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I will ask a Rabbi, a priest, or a Mullah.....

Wow, doesn't even give anybody a real chance before tossing the monkey poo.

Way to be.

Yes, this must be an atheist only web site because someone pointed out that Christians were unoriginal and most of their beliefs were taken from previous religions..... Oops.... heaven forbid someone speaks facts and actual truths. *gasp* 8O

Besides, if you think this is an atheist site, you obviously are blind towards the numerous other members who continually quote and recite various Bible and Qur'an quotes in here.

Who created the Devil?

Here's the information I found on the only "Real" devil I could find in existence:

Devil's food cake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_food_cake

Seems as though man is indeed the creator of the Devil, and we can make the Devil in the comfort of our own homes, sacrifice the Devil and eat his flesh too.

Mmmmmm.... sinfully good.... I'm gonna make a Devil when I get home.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Wow, doesn't even give anybody a real chance before tossing the monkey poo.

Way to be.

Yes, this must be an atheist only web site because someone pointed out that Christians were unoriginal and most of their beliefs were taken from previous religions..... Oops.... heaven forbid someone speaks facts and actual truths. *gasp* 8O

Besides, if you think this is an atheist site, you obviously are blind towards the numerous other members who continually quote and recite various Bible and Qur'an quotes in here.

lol... Prax, follow the link in the article. He wasn't talking about CC. And I'm relatively certain he pegged 'atheistmovies' right in saying it's atheist. lol.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
lol... Prax, follow the link in the article. He wasn't talking about CC. And I'm relatively certain he pegged 'atheistmovies' right in saying it's atheist. lol.
Ya beat me to it.....
I would have added to look before jumping...
It helps to read a link............

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The site may be atheist but the documentary The History of God is not. It is too bad that the atheist movie site claimed it is. It prevents the religious from watching it. I think the BBC did a good job.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The site may be atheist but the documentary The History of God is not. It is too bad that the atheist movie site claimed it is. It prevents the religious from watching it. I think the BBC did a good job.

really? Why does it prevent 'the religious' from watching it? If I'm curious about something I watch it. Even if it's from another facet of the argument. My religion doesn't dictate what questions I ask, or where I look at information from. :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
really? Why does it prevent 'the religious' from watching it? If I'm curious about something I watch it. Even if it's from another facet of the argument. My religion doesn't dictate what questions I ask, or where I look at information from. :lol:
You are a rarity. Most Christians and Muslims I've met would dismiss anything on the site. I think DaSleep sounds more typical. I have been studying comparative religions for over 40 years and have had discussions with hundreds of people from most faiths. Most are too rigid in their beliefs to entertain the possibility of other views. I have been reading your posts for almost two years and have found that you are refreshingly different than most I have encountered.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You are a rarity. Most Christians and Muslims I've met would dismiss anything on the site. I think DaSleep sounds more typical. I have been studying comparative religions for over 40 years and have had discussions with hundreds of people from most faiths. Most are too rigid in their beliefs to entertain the possibility of other views. I have been reading your posts for almost two years and have found that you are refreshingly different than most I have encountered.

Which is funny because I see a lot of willingness to discuss, explore, and question, among the people I know. BUT... I also am not telling them they're wrong. ;-)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Which is funny because I see a lot of willingness to discuss, explore, and question, among the people I know. BUT... I also am not telling them they're wrong. ;-)

what? A true open dialogue without preconceptions or judgements? You maverick you.