U.S. ambassador in Alberta to learn about oilsands

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
:roll:
Yes,just like the Beverly hillbillies,the first oil seep in Alberta and first rig was in Waterton national peace park.The natives used it for years for waterproofing.;-)
So go make a difference in your backyard,quit dumping your feces into the ocean and then maybe you can come tell us how to be environmentally friendly.

Mashing out links on sites that you didnt even have the time to read yourself shows you have some kind of agenda, you dont give a **** about the oilsands,the hate Alberta bandwagon comes around once a week and you jump on it first chance you get.
Priceless:roll:

More of this nonsense... I can see nothing that makes Alberta superior to anywhere else when it comes to sewage disposal. Combining sanitary sewage(poop water in your terms)with storm water was never a good idea. Dumping this combined sewage into rivers is great I guess as long as you don't live downstream of the sewer outfall.
Victoria and Vancouver and related municipalities are building sewage treatment plants....Some are already on line. Others will be coming on line in the near future. As I said earlier, the building of city services is much more difficult when the city is built on a rock.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
I thought I had heard it all before but the claims and mis information just keep getting worse.
The activist flying north of fort mac was priceless,sounded like she just broke free of her basement.

lol, she 'flew' over with google earth.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
More of this nonsense... I can see nothing that makes Alberta superior to anywhere else when it comes to sewage disposal. Combining sanitary sewage(poop water in your terms)with storm water was never a good idea. Dumping this combined sewage into rivers is great I guess as long as you don't live downstream of the sewer outfall.
Victoria and Vancouver and related municipalities are building sewage treatment plants....Some are already on line. Others will be coming on line in the near future. As I said earlier, the building of city services is much more difficult when the city is built on a rock.
Human **** wouldn't be so bad if we ate properly. If your **** is poison that can only mean the food you started with was too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you don't like open pit mines, stop buying so much crap which will sit in that open pit when it becomes a garbage dump for NYC or Chicago and your blue box.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
If you don't like open pit mines, stop buying so much crap which will sit in that open pit when it becomes a garbage dump for NYC or Chicago and your blue box.
When tent mountain mine just on the Alberta side of the divide shut down Vancouverites wanted to ship their garbage here and dump it in the pit utilizing the coal cars which allways come back empty.
Thank god that idea got shut down.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Tonington said
So shove your indignation where the sun don't shine. If your dainty little sensibilities can't take that, then perhaps you should find a more suitable forum where you and your sycophantic fellow oil sand workers can bitch and whine about whatever pleases you.

Wow,first insults and now your telling him to leave the forum?
Thats mighty mature of you.:roll:

Starting to see lots of insults from the peeps that are getting their bad info corrected for them.;-)

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

My beer cans go straight out with the regular garbage. I don't recycle. I eat fast food regularly. I emit more gas than a methane belching cow. I drive a gas guzzling vehicle that is in dire need of a tuneup. Let's face it...I'm an environmental hazard.

When I see holes in the earth like this and the leaching from the tailings I throw my hands up and say why should I bother. Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My beer cans go straight out with the regular garbage. I don't recycle. I eat fast food regularly. I emit more gas than a methane belching cow. I drive a gas guzzling vehicle that is in dire need of a tuneup. Let's face it...I'm an environmental hazard.

When I see holes in the earth like this and the leaching from the tailings I throw my hands up and say why should I bother. Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Fine by me. I make the same whether it's a sloppy mess or done properly.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You know what Im gonna do
Im gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
Hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps
And all leather cow interior
And make brown baby seal eyes for head lights (yeah)
And Im gonna drive in that baby at 115 miles per hour
Gettin' 1 mile per gallon,
Sucking down Quarter Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds
In the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers
And when Im done sucking down those greeseball burgers
Im gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag
And then Im gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side
And there aint a goddamn thing anybody can do about it
You know why, because weve got the bombs, thats why
2 words, nuclear ****ing weapons, OK?
Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want
They can have a big democracy cakewalk
Right through the middle of Tiananmen Square
and it wont make a lick of difference
Because weve got the bombs, OK?
John Wayne's not dead, hes frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer
Were gonna thaw out the duke and hes gonna be pretty pissed off
You know why,
Have you ever taken a cold shower, well multiply that by 15 million times
Thats how pissed off the dukes gonna be!
I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavetes,
and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey,
and drive down to Texas and say.....

(Hey! You know, you really are an a******!)

Last edited by a moderator:

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That link froze my puter up for some reason but I did see one pic.
Mineral or coal mines do go very deep as long as the strip ratio stays fairly good,the law says you can have 15 meter benches and thats what they do,the oilsands on the other hand dont go that deep and the overburden is usually put back where it came from when their done.

They seem to be doing a good job at reclaiming the one tailings pond about a 1/2 mile in from the main gate at Suncor base plant. At least it looks good. The material they are using seems to be very sandy, almost white and powdery. One morning the winds picked up a bit and the air was filled with this sandy grit. Not sure what it is but I have to wonder if it's even conducive to growing anything. Some hardy weeds might survive in it perhaps. Sure wouldn't want to eat any animal that might graze in the area. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that companies like Suncor and Syncrude are making the effort to improve the land after they are done with it. I just hope the guidelines for reclaimation are solid and the companies follow them properly.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Tonington said

Wow,first insults and now your telling him to leave the forum?

I happen to think that you and anyone else who thinks the condition you leave the land in is better than it was before, is a moron. You haven't proved that point yet, because you can't. It's moronic to say such a thing.

I'm not telling him to go anywhere, just suggesting that if he gets so upset then nobody is twisting his arm to stay here.

Starting to see lots of insults from the peeps that are getting their bad info corrected for them.;-)

What bad info did I post here? I used your own material which confirmed my own contributions. You have your head buried in the sand. :lol:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
They seem to be doing a good job at reclaiming the one tailings pond about a 1/2 mile in from the main gate at Suncor base plant. At least it looks good. The material they are using seems to be very sandy, almost white and powdery. One morning the winds picked up a bit and the air was filled with this sandy grit. Not sure what it is but I have to wonder if it's even conducive to growing anything. Some hardy weeds might survive in it perhaps. Sure wouldn't want to eat any animal that might graze in the area. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that companies like Suncor and Syncrude are making the effort to improve the land after they are done with it. I just hope the guidelines for reclaimation are solid and the companies follow them properly.

Their policys and procedures are way more stringent then the governments.
Mosy of the patch is like that now,farmers are allmost exempt from anything though,they dont need ground disturbance permits,can draw water without a permit and can pump raw sewage onto their land without a permit.

That sandy material will be covered with a layer of topsoil and then seeded.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Gettin' 1 mile per gallon,
Sucking down Quarter Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds
In the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers
And when Im done sucking down those greeseball burgers
Im gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag
And then Im gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side
And there aint a goddamn thing anybody can do about it
You know why, because weve got the bombs, thats why
2 words, nuclear ****ing weapons, OK?
Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want
They can have a big democracy cakewalk
Right through the middle of Tiananmen Square
and it wont make a lick of difference
Because weve got the bombs, OK?
John Wayne's not dead, hes frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer
Were gonna thaw out the duke and hes gonna be pretty pissed off
You know why,
Have you ever taken a cold shower, well multiply that by 15 million times
Thats how pissed off the dukes gonna be!
I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavetes,
and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey,
and drive down to Texas and say.....

(Hey! You know, you really are an a******!)

Why don't ya just shut up and sing the song buddy. I'm an A-S-S-H-O-L-E.

Too funny. A buddy of mine sang that tune all the time at parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Where do they get the topsoil?
Usually from the place they are going to mine,its stripped off first and stored.
Some hilltops have little or no soil to begin with but the low spots are often quite thick with soil as mother nature tends to level things out herself.
So most times you wind up with extra and topsoil is like gold nowadays.
You have your black dirt or #1 soil which is the nice black stuff and then you got the subsoil or brown dirt and they are stored seperately.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Gettin' 1 mile per gallon,)

You can already buy a Dodge 4 door pick-up off the shelf that will meet most of those specifications. Get on one of the parkways in Calgary or Edmonton during rush hour and you can see thousands of them.