U.S. ambassador in Alberta to learn about oilsands

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Didnt think I had to google "syncrude" for you since your the one painting them as bad apples,thought maybe you did your homework.
Syncrude Canada Ltd. - Welcome to Syncrude

water studys-Regional Aquatics Monitoring Program - Regional Aquatics Monitoring Program (RAMP)
I wasn't painting anyone in particular as a bad apple as I dislike screwing up the planet in general, but the topic does happen to be about some diplomat's trip to the tar sands.
As I said, why should I be the one to supply the info? Don't shove your laziness onto my lap, toad.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Totally missing the point. Why should I be the only one to supply info?
Your not,I cant make you read the links posted many pages back,I did read yours though even if you didnt.;-)
Cold lake is more of a military town,they share their range with the oil companys.
It's not uncommon for a hornet to fly over a rig and break the sound barrier most days.I never saw any mines though this spring when I was up there.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I wasn't painting anyone in particular as a bad apple as I dislike screwing up the planet in general, but the topic does happen to be about some diplomat's trip to the tar sands.
As I said, why should I be the one to supply the info? Don't shove your laziness onto my lap, toad.
If you dislike screwing up the planet then stop pumping poop into the ocean,you would get a pretty hefty fine in Alberta if you ever tried to pull off a release like that into a waterway.:roll:

Yet you feel you should speak up against the enviro policys of the oilsands operators.:roll:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Your not,I cant make you read the links posted many pages back,I did read yours though even if you didnt.;-)
How would you know what I do and don't? Most of the time I am simply posting whatever info I find whether it supports my part of the discussion or not.
Cold lake is more of a military town,they share their range with the oil companys.
It's not uncommon for a hornet to fly over a rig and break the sound barrier most days.I never saw any mines though this spring when I was up there.
Well, it appears that something is going on there.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
If you dislike screwing up the planet then stop pumping poop into the ocean,you would get a pretty hefty fine in Alberta if you ever tried to pull off a release like that into a waterway.:roll:
As I said, toad, which you seem to have ignored as usual, my backyard is clean. The province is working on it's stuff. Want to get back to the topic yet?

Yet you feel you should speak up against the enviro policys of the oilsands operators.:roll:
Yup. I speak up about BC's BS, the States' BS, your BS, etc. I'm not biased.
Want to get back to the topic yet?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
How would you know what I do and don't? Most of the time I am simply posting whatever info I find whether it supports my part of the discussion or not.
Well, it appears that something is going on there.
Your right,a rig every square mile to hit the field as hard as you can.
Thats drill rig,not a mine.
You then build a roadway of pipelines to tap those wellheads every square mile.
In 2 years they will have that field drilled out and move on to another.
Most peeps dont get to see the guts of the Cold lake energy program as it's a military range and no Iranians are allowed.
They also drill for totally unuseable brackish water which they also pipelined to one of the many plants for recovery of the crude.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
As I said, toad, which you seem to have ignored as usual, my backyard is clean. The province is working on it's stuff. Want to get back to the topic yet?

Yup. I speak up about BC's BS, the States' BS, your BS, etc. I'm not biased.
The ferries? Now how about Van. and Victoria?
Sorry but when it comes to environmental stuff I'm pretty global.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Your right,a rig every square mile to hit the field as hard as you can.
Thats drill rig,not a mine.
You then build a roadway of pipelines to tap those wellheads every square mile.
In 2 years they will have that field drilled out and move on to another.
Good for them, bad for the planet.
Most peeps dont get to see the guts of the Cold lake energy program as it's a military range and no Iranians are allowed.
Are you ok? Iranians? I'm sure Martians, Neptunians, and Tamil Tigers aren't allowed either.
They also drill for totally unuseable brackish water which they also pipelined to one of the many plants for recovery of the crude.
oh

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The ferries? Now how about Van. and Victoria?
Sorry but when it comes to environmental stuff I'm pretty global.
You forgot that the stuff about the ferries was posted earlier? Stuff about Van and Vic, too? For someone that reads links, you sure forget fast.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Good for them, bad for the planet.
Are you ok? Iranians? I'm sure Martians, Neptunians, and Tamil Tigers aren't allowed either.
oh
Theres a whole bunch of countrys on the list,I didnt make it up,its a military base and range so they make the rules.
I could go dig the list up out of my Encanna bag if you want but's not them that made the rules.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

God! Here he goes on this nonsense again. The pot calling the kettle black..:roll:

Alberta rivers flooded with pollutants: report

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You forgot that the stuff about the ferries was posted earlier? Stuff about Van and Vic, too? For someone that reads links, you sure forget fast.
Sorry but the runoff of raw sewage continues,especially after a heavy rain,im sure it will be fixed for the olympics though.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sorry but the runoff of raw sewage continues,especially after a heavy rain,im sure it will be fixed for the olympics though.
As I said, they're working on it.
You want to get back to the topic yet?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Theres a whole bunch of countrys on the list,I didnt make it up,its a military base and range so they make the rules.
I could go dig the list up out of my Encanna bag if you want but's not them that made the rules.
Don't bother. I was just wondering what the Iranians had to do with anything.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
God! Here he goes on this nonsense again. The pot calling the kettle black..:roll:

Alberta rivers flooded with pollutants: report
Juans link should serve as a wake up call for peeps to actually read an article before posting it,like I said previously, farmers are to blame for most of the run off into rivers as they are exempt from permits.
The report he just posted is from my area,all farmers and hutterite colonys and about a 15 hour drive from the oilsands.
His link actually contradicts his previous posts and I'll qoute it.

Four of the province's six major river systems -- the Bow, Oldman, Red Deer and North Saskatchewan -- rated "fair" between April 2005 and the end of March 2006, significantly lower on the water quality scale than in previous years.
The province's target is for all rivers to achieve "good" to "excellent" water quality, which during the reported testing period was only recorded in the Athabasca and Smoky/Peace river systems.

Wow.:roll:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The province's target is for all rivers to achieve "good" to "excellent" water quality, which during the reported testing period was only recorded in the Athabasca and Smoky/Peace river systems.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I am glad AB has targets. I am sure BC has targets, too.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
And juans report was from 2005 so like Anna hes just shooting from the hip and posting anything he can google thats bad about the oilsands and failing miserably,the ignorance is astounding and one of the reasons I dont like to debate the issue is because peeps usually have a hate Alberta thing on and it shows through pretty quick.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Again Kakato proving you don't know of what you speak. Some of the municipalities around Victoria and Vancouver already have sewage treatment. Others will be online soon. Sewage that does go into the ocean, is discharged into fast moving ocean currents sixty five meters below the surface.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Again Kakato proving you don't know of what you speak. Some of the municipalities around Victoria and Vancouver already have sewage treatment. Others will be online soon. Sewage that does go into the ocean, is discharged into fast moving ocean currents sixty five meters below the surface.
Out of site,out of mind eh?

Sounds like you peeps have some catching up to do as far as environmental issues go.;-)