Temperatures falling, fires still burning in B.C.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Figure this one out. What is in the coldest place possible, has no oxygen avaible but burns without any problems?

Why?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I worked for Shell when they got into the coal bussiness and was prospecting a coal seam with a d 9,found what I thought was a nice rock and showed it to the geo in the field,he said "Yup,thats a nice chunk of leaverite" and then threw my rock as far as he could and said leave her right there.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I already did but you don't realize it.
Can't point to a thread number? I guess you are speaking through your hat.
Anyway, let me see .... a place close to absolute 0 that burns without oxygen. I can't think of any place that burns. I can think of things that burn in places, though. If the place is where you meant something burns, then I'd say outer space.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I worked for Shell when they got into the coal bussiness and was prospecting a coal seam with a d 9,found what I thought was a nice rock and showed it to the geo in the field,he said "Yup,thats a nice chunk of leaverite" and then threw my rock as far as he could and said leave her right there.
If you ever run a cross a doghouse that looks like a logcabin made from cores or a granite bench or table made of cores and overturned core box you've seen the artistic side of leaverite and left so they know I was there.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
At the gold camp I was at the cores had to be left on site for ten years,or is it twenty.

Core box is ****ty to work with,not much you can make out of one.
I stayed away from the core shack as much as I could,the geo would be in there most of the night splitting and grinding them before sending them to Vancouver and he allways had the tunes cranked and would dance and sing as he did up the sample bags.
Then at 3 am he would grab the maxi bore and walk off to a drill site somewhere on the tundra miles away.

Geo's are strange dudes.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
At the gold camp I was at the cores had to be left on site for ten years,or is it twenty.

I stayed away from the core shack as much as I could,the geo would be in there most of the night splitting and grinding them before sending them to Vancouver and he allways had the tunes cranked and would dance and sing as he did up the sample bags.
Then at 3 am he would grab the maxi bore and walk off to a drill site somewhere on the tundra miles away.

Geo's are strange dudes.
Thanks!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Geo's are strange dudes.
Lupin?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Farther east,meadowbank for a few years untill it sold to Agnico eagle and is now a mine,they should have their first bar poured by now,then off farther east last year to discovery camp by melidianne resources out of Van.
Near the bigger underground mine north of Rankin inlet,same property,same exploration company out of Van.

I did work for RTL out of Yellowknife one year and they wanted to send me to Lupin for reclamation.
I declined though,i like the small camps and not the big industriliazed ones.
If you ever read the book about the Canadian diamond finds called the barrenlands,the cook mentioned in the book is Dianne,my cook for 4 years and good friend from Saskabush.
shes been all over the arctic for 30 years and is well known.
She also left meadowbank camp when it got to 70 guys(boart longyear) and I dont blame her.
Geo's may be crazy but core drillers are animals.:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thats what I mostly find. You would think that having built 100+km of logging road on the coast I would have found at least one good rock formation.
Looking for pay dirt?

Some advice. Don't look on roads look in creeks. Never go up a mountain thinking you find an instrusive along a fault start low and work up from the water.

Especially where the creek ran 5000 years ago. Look for cobble about 3-7m from current stream level and you'll hit the old hopefully unworked stream bed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Looking for pay dirt?

Some advice. Don't look on roads look in creeks. Never go up a mountain thinking you find an instrusive along a fault start low and work up from the water.

Especially where the creek ran 5000 years ago. Look for cobble about 3-7m from current stream level and you'll hit the old hopefully unworked stream bed.
9 times out of ten the motherlode was always ten cents worth of pound too far.

It's when you stop looking things go wrong.