Is Vegetarianism/Veganism The New Religion in N.A.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No, I wouldn't want to confuse you. :p

Well, you're too late. On one hand you seem to suggest that you want a scientific discussion and criticize me for "denying science" and then, on the other hand resort to childish name-calling. I am confused. Perhaps you can clarify for me. Which is it you want to be...know-it-all vegi-science instructor or childish name-caller?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well, you're too late. On one hand you seem to suggest that you want a scientific discussion and criticize me for "denying science" and then, on the other hand resort to childish name-calling. I am confused. Perhaps you can clarify for me. Which is it you want to be...know-it-all vegi-science instructor or childish name-caller?

Yeah, I didn't call you an idiot, it was JLM. I'm pretty sure JLM can speak for him/herself. I called JLM an idiot because what they said was idiotic.

And as to the science, I tried that, but you arrogantly dismissed it as meaningless, without even addressing what they found, and how they found it. You made assertions which are unsupported.

Answer me this, how would you assess the risks for different diet types? There is nothing scientific about you dismissing science with rhetoric.

If you really do want to discuss the science, read the link, and make your objections known. Otherwise, I'm through dealing with you.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
He's an even tempered and valued member of this site, actually, so I vote "C" for "none of the above"

Nice tactic tho, using offensive labels while claiming to be the victim of same. So stupid it's.... well just stupid actually :D

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If you really do want to discuss the science, read the link, and make your objections known. Otherwise, I'm through dealing with you.

We were through when you decided not to make it clear whether you wanted to discuss your silly science or name-call.

Bu-bye!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thanks for the support Cannuck, but Tonington has cooked her own goose, any credibility she had is gone. I WON'T be debating with her anymore.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
but Tonington has cooked her own goose...

mmmmmm....goose!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Thanks for the support Cannuck, but Tonington has cooked her own goose, any credibility she had is gone. I WON'T be debating with her anymore.

Pfffffffft. Cry me a river.

Cannuck is a hypocrite. I could post in a new thread all the times he's called people names. But I'm now through discussing things with him. Looks like you're next on the list.

What you said was idiotic, so I called you an idiot. I could have supplied the dictionary definition too.

If you both want to be hypocritical little cry babies, that's fine by me.

Adios.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Cannuck is a hypocrite. I could post in a new thread all the times he's called people names.

I don't care if you call people idiots. You've missed the point. I said I was confused because you claimed you wanted to discuss this scientifically and then start calling people idiots. I should think that before you begin calling people hypocrites, you take a look at your own behavior. You could could have very easily clarified your intentions. Do you want to be a know-it-all vegi-science instructor or childish name-caller? It's entirely up to you to decide...after all, there really isn't anything wrong with either. Mabudon is evidence of that...not a science bone in his body but damn entertaining.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I haven't read all the posts above, but i can't believe this thing is still going on.
Cannuck. What is it that bothers you so much about people eating vegetarian for this or that reason? I eat vegan on compassionate grounds. Is there something fundamentally wrong with choosing to eat based on compassion?

As for scientific evidence, as long as there is enough to prove that meat is not necessary for me to be healthy, that's good enough for me. If a physician recommends meat for some special reason, that's a different issue.

I don't think any vegetarian here will convert to eating meat just to please you Cannuck. And I really dont understand how our dietary choices can possibly offend you.
Now if you have a card-carrying PETA member giving you a hard time, just let him know politely but firmly, that you're not interested. None of us in this forum, unless we happen to live n your local neighbourhood, know the guy, so we can't help you there. You'll have to deal with that one on your own off-line.

Reactions: Hazmart

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There is no use getting into a debate with someone who claims knowledge about food that possibly the most renowned doctor in British Columbia just stated this morning he does not have. All he could recommend was using common sense and sticking with a balanced diet. What's to argue with THAT?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Cannuck. What is it that bothers you so much about people eating vegetarian for this or that reason? I eat vegan on compassionate grounds. Is there something fundamentally wrong with choosing to eat based on compassion?

Nothing bothers me about people eating vegetarian. Nothing bothers me about people that are Catholic. Nothing bothers me about Muslims. Nothing bothers me about people that believe in aliens. I've merely pointed out the similarities. That doesn't mean I want people to convert (your word, and an interesting choice of words at that). I don't care what you do. No offense but you just aren't that important to me.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
I eat meat, fish,dairy and veg.
However I have absolutely no problem with vegetarian foods.
I have spent several years in India and in some places close to 50% of the population is vegetarian.
Veg or non-veg is the standard question in Indian resturaunts.
Buffets are seperated into veg and non veg.
Resteraunts are divided or specialize in veg or non veg.
And a well cooked veg curry can be pretty tasty indeed.
Its all good (usually).

In Canada however there is a bit of a lack of all veg options.
And some of the all veg food I have eaten in Canada can be a bit bland for me.
Tofu bores me.

I just dont like people trying to force me, or convince me to eat the way they think I should eat.
If I want to throw a great chunk of bleeding meat on the BBQ I feel that is my choice.
I really dont like people critizing me for that choice.

On the other hand when I eat over at my mainly veg friends place I have no trouble eating mainly veg.

Variety makes the world go round.
And all tasty food is good food, veg or non.

And I am one of those people who has no trouble with shooting somthing, just as long as you eat it.

Trex