Northboy's Running for Village Council

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
If I have met him or not is for me to know, and for you to wonder about...

Look I am not questioning your faith, I am simply saying that respect for the force we all know is there as well it is a part of our spiritual worlds what ever face that force may have in theological terms.
I pray, I respect, and at difficult moments I ask the force to guide me......calling the force God is not wrong.....

Northboy

Electoral Member
Look I am not questioning your faith, I am simply saying that respect for the force we all know is there as well it is a part of our spiritual worlds what ever face that force may have in theological terms.
I pray, I respect, and at difficult moments I ask the force to guide me......calling the force God is not wrong.....

I had to jump in on this,

On this forum I have made my own awareness of God apparent, but I've never articulated it in such a unbiased neutral manner.

God Lives.

Good on you.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Well, I've finihed all of my all candidate forums, had some articles published in the local paper, election day is Saturday.

All that's left is to wait....

Best of luck to you, sincerely, `cause I know that you are going to win.

regards,
scratch

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
You have a very forward looking plan Northboy. Best of luck. Should your plan be successful, perhaps it can serve as a model to other Canadian communities facing similar issues!

I never would have thought of activated carbon...that's terrific!

Northboy

Electoral Member
You have a very forward looking plan Northboy. Best of luck. Should your plan be successful, perhaps it can serve as a model to other Canadian communities facing similar issues!

I never would have thought of activated carbon...that's terrific!

Thanks,
The carbon value chain starts at water filtration but doesn't end there. The "degrade" from production can be used for the production of carbon composite textiles, which are poor cousins to the Kevlar and graphite family. The best use of the forest residue from a Canadian perspective would be in lightening up cars byu using it for car panels.

Maybe as a group of Forum participants, if elected, you guys could provide input and watch how well Vanderhoof does so that we can develop best practises for all rural communities.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
That's really too bad. I was thinking about you yesterday and sending off telepathic good wishes for a solid victory.
Next time.

regards,
scratch

Northboy

Electoral Member
That's really too bad. I was thinking about you yesterday and sending off telepathic good wishes for a solid victory.
Next time.

regards,
scratch

Thanks for the kind words, but small town elections are won and lost on name recognition.

The winners were all long time residents, I think. A lot of quality people stepped forward.

Mine was about getting the message out, the message that communities can take control of their destiny if they wish, create the kind of localized world that they want to live in and we can compete regionally and globally, if we will embrace the concept of collaborative advantage over the concept of competitive advantage that we practise.

Northboy

Electoral Member
Congrats to you all the same. Was this your first time running?

Yes, the first time. But I realized something,

I would rather be a part of the development of a social movement to look after the long term interests of the working poor (working poor I mean to include anyone that relies on a paycheque). A social movement that discusses issues, big or small, in the interests of finding solutions and has fun doing it.

Things like:

A small town loses its mill, what are its options? Can we get creative with the solution to help our fellow working poor?

Pushing for sustainable development and researching the solutions until the public understands this can be achieved and insists on it as much as as universal health care. If government wants to dabble in industry, make sure it counts for the good of the working poor.

...But has members who work together to identify problems and suggest solutions in a constructive manner....A social movement, not a fraternal organization or political party.