You're Not One Of Those Couples Who Secretly Videotape Their Nanny, Are You?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Don't know about police forces in Quebec, but I just went through the application questionnaire for RCMP and apart from a section asking to disclose any prescription drugs you might have abused, there is nothing requiring disclosure of medical information...

Just checked the site for SQ recruitment and apparently they do ask for medical history...at least that's what Google translate told me...

that's it? No acknowledgement that you were, once again, talking out of your ass?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If someone would rather be at work than take care of their children then why have them?

yet, your buddy with the 3 jobs appears to be doing exactly that and YOU praise him for it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Like I said, he is home every night.

He is taking care of his responsiblities like any parent would.

God bless him for it.

You really are something else...... anything else you and your buddy's do that you condemn others for?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Sure, one parent takes on two jobs, perhaps more and the other takes care of the children.

Perhaps opposite shifts could make things easier.

If someone would rather be at work than take care of their children then why have them?

As far as getting ahead goes perhaps they should establish themselves before they have kids, no need to put the cart before the horse.
No one should ahve to work more than 40 hours per week to put a roof over their family's head and food on the table. Unfortunately many people do.

It makes sense biologically to have children when you are younger. The longer you wait, the harder it will become to conceive. Some people have children because their belief system forbids birth control. Be fruitful and multiply = no birth control. Sometimes people find themselves in a family way by accident or by negligence and then decide to have the child because they choose not to abort.

My problem with your opinion isn't so much the way you choose to parent, but your judgement of others if they don't conform to your narrow interpretation of what makes a good responsible parent. I recall a wise man saying "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself". You might be familiar with that saying...

I tend to agree with you that the parents normally do a better job raising a child than day care or a nanny. But at the same time, I am willing to accept that in specific situations, some parents may see using daycare or the services as a nanny as the best solution for their situation.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I hope the onion commentary on nanny state paranoia didn't go over everyone's heads.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
let's get a little more insight into your stupidity, con. What do you think of the people that provide child care outside the home?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
gerryh, be polite. Con just joined and you are mostly insulting him and being rude. He has a right to his opinions, just like you. If he posts his opinions here, then you have a right to challenge his opinions. But you have no special rights to violate forum rules.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't think of them at all.

Why would I?

because you condemn those that use outside child care. Obviously you don't have much "use" for those that provide that child care.

gerryh, be polite. Con just joined and you are mostly insulting him and being rude. He has a right to his opinions, just like you. If he posts his opinions here, then you have a right to challenge his opinions. But you have no special rights to violate forum rules.

tell ya what eao... when you stop being such an obvious bigot when it comes to Isreal and such an obvious apologist when it comes to organizations like Hamas, I'll consider your "opinion" worth something to me. In the mean time....fu ck off.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...Thank you my friend.
You will find most forum user regulars here are polite. gerryh can be a little rude at times. Please don't judge the rest of us by his forum rule violating behvior. BTW, gerryh isn't the most rude person here. I'll let you judge people without influencing you. You will discover that some regulars here are downright pleasant.

Expect that I will challenge your opinions if I disagree with you, just like I expect you to challenge mine if yhou disagree with me. But everyone here is required to respect the rules. The moderators can't be everywhere and you can report forum rule violating behavior with the little triangle above their post... However the moderators have a life and so you have to use judgement. You can't go whining to them over every minor transgression. So sometimes you need a thick skin around here.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I see two professionals making good money running off to work everyday leaving their kids with a stranger for up to 12 hours when they could easily have one parent stay home with them.

I see two professionals - with kids - as most likely a couple with high overhead and appearances to keep who probably aren't as well-off as they look
In the case of people who are not as well off they should either not have kids until they have the economic ability or make some hard sacrafices.
Wow.... What can I say? You didn't get the speech we got from the reverend before my wife and I married - that Christian duty thing to have kids above all else....
Their are, however, cases where the children may be better off away from home if drugs, alcohol are involved.
For the most part kids belong at home.
Daycare is the reality of most young families now. Groceries never get any cheaper.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I hope the onion commentary on nanny state paranoia didn't go over everyone's heads.
Realy sucks to have an onion joke get sidetracked (a ten year-old one at that) huh????
You're Not One Of Those Couples Who Secretly Videotape Their Nanny, Are You?
By Helen Parrish
October 16, 2002 | ISSUE 38•38
Perhaps you shoul have posted the OP in the proper forum:lol:
This could be explained by your proclivity for copy/pastes is such that very few people realy read them...;-)

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yep. Nice thread. tldr.

You know this reminds me of Julie back when I was 18. Ah Julie. Too lazy to get a real job so she did the babysitter thing. Wow, you know it's great babies take naps. If there were a camera then the husband had some high quality jerk off material from us.
Ah, Julie, I remember her well. Parts of her at least. :0