You're Not One Of Those Couples Who Secretly Videotape Their Nanny, Are You?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If she was sexualy abused while growing up, this might explain a lot of the symptoms you are describing, trying to harm herself ect...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
If she was sexualy abused while growing up, this might explain a lot of the symptoms you are describing, trying to harm herself ect...

Not sexually abused, verbal, emotional, physical, but not sexual.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Depression is grounds enough. Feeling numb. It drives people to seek things that make them feel something...drugs, self harming behaviour, affairs.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not sexually abused, verbal, emotional, physical, but not sexual.
That too would degrade her self esteem where she would feel so worthless that she would give up trying.....good luck....you might just be the only one who can bring her out of it....but from a distance...emotionaly ...it will hurt you.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

All kinds of abuse can, I think, lead to self-harm in one way or another. Some people turn to drugs or alcohol, others become abusers themselves, others still may cause themselves physical harm. It's all tied into low self-esteem. It's incredibly difficult to believe in your own self worth when someones always pressing down on you, for their own reasons.

I can relate to the battle, in many ways I still can. I just never let it overtake me.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
All kinds of abuse can, I think, lead to self-harm in one way or another. Some people turn to drugs or alcohol, others become abusers themselves, others still may cause themselves physical harm. It's all tied into low self-esteem. It's incredibly difficult to believe in your own self worth when someones always pressing down on you, for their own reasons.
I can relate to the battle, in many ways I still can. I just never let it overtake me.
Only a Professional can help those condition a simple MD prescibing prozac or some other drug will do more harm than good.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Only a Professional can help those condition a simple MD prescibing prozac or some other drug will do more harm than good.

I would never suggest someone not seek out professional help, but sometimes some good old fashioned moxy can go a long way too. ;)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You have no idea what that can do, even beyond just the chemical effect. I you apply for a job where your medical files have to be made available. Having been on prozac, can affect your career choices.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You have no idea what that can do, even beyond just the chemical effect. I you apply for a job where your medical files have to be made available. Having been on prozac, can affect your career choices.

Is that not turning around more and more now a days though? Yes, there's still a stigma attached but I don't think it's as heavy as it used to be.

I mean people are just more open about talking about these things now. I think for the better.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That too would degrade her self esteem where she would feel so worthless that she would give up trying.....good luck....you might just be the only one who can bring her out of it....but from a distance...emotionaly ...it will hurt you.
It also may cause her to deliberately (but sub-consciously) sabotage relationships by cheating. This preempts any hurt coming to her at a later date if she gets too intimate.

I disagree with the bolded statement strongly. It is not his place. She has to find her own way. If Ton gets involved, he will be sucked into the co-dependent vortex.

I guess I am up to 4 cents now.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is that not turning around more and more now a days though? Yes, there's still a stigma attached but I don't think it's as heavy as it used to be.

I mean people are just more open about talking about these things now. I think for the better.
Depends on the career.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It also may cause her to deliberately (but sub-consciously) sabotage relationships by cheating. This preempts any hurt coming to her at a later date if she gets too intimate.

I disagree with the bolded statement strongly. It is not his place. She has to find her own way. If Ton gets involved, he will be sucked into the co-dependent vortex.

I agree completely.

I only hope Ton is still getting some kind of useful help and doesn't feel too bombarded with all the advice. lol

(Know it comes from love Ton, :))

Might as well go straight for the nickle now, aren't they phasing out the penny?

Depends on the career.

True enough.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
If you can't watch your own kids then maybe you shouldn't have any.

I would never let a stranger raise my kids so I have no need for a nanny cam.

Well since you won't allow your wife to work I guess you're not going to encounter the problems the rest of society encounters here in reality.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What I meant to convey was considering their involvment, was that breaking off all ties would probably reinforce her lack of self worth and throw her over the edge, while after helping with the "cure" might be a better time to step away...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Unless you sign a form allowing them to do so.
I figured that went without saying, but yep.

Emphatic NO...it does not depend at all on the career...

NO employer has any right whatsoever of even asking for you medical records, much less forcing you to provide them...

The notion is ridiculous...
Run with that.

Truckers...
Police...
Firefighters...
Soldiers...

Getting the hint?