You're Not One Of Those Couples Who Secretly Videotape Their Nanny, Are You?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
And this is the third time I've flet the sting. Pretty crappy feeling. Now I have to rebuild some self-esteem...but at the least I can be thankful that it won't be dependent on someone else.

And see that's the part that has me worried...she's not been getting better with just the pharmacology, and I don't wish any harm to her. She has deep issues, and she needs to address them with supplemental therapies to go with her medication. Recently she's even been on the verge of doing harm to herself. Started cutting herself even, and thoughts of ending her life.

It's all fudged up...

Very sorry to hear this. Please remember that you have only interacted with the tiniest portion of females available.
I have been there many years back with infidelity and also tried to play the "fix it" game while raising another man's child, as well as being emotionally blackmailed by threats of suicide. Blackmail never ends.
I raised the child along with my own, by myself. She is still attending her own pity party 25 years later and still has not killed herself.
It gets better, truly.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I figured that went without saying, but yep.

Run with that.

Truckers...
Police...
Firefighters...
Soldiers...

Getting the hint?

No, not really...

Requiring a candidate to provide confidential medical information as a prerequisite for employment is against the law...

Not sure about truckers, but for police, firefighters and soldiers, they are given physical examinations to determine their fitness for duty, they are NEVER asked to provide medical history...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No, not really...

Requiring a candidate to provide confidential medical information as a prerequisite for employment is against the law...

Not sure about truckers, but for police, firefighters and soldiers, they are given physical examinations to determine their fitness for duty, they are NEVER asked to provide medical history...
Check a box on the questionnaire, regarding heart disease, mental health, diabetes, "Have you ever been prescribed?" and so on, and see what happens.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
No, not really...

I guess you don't understand the sort of 'fitness for duty' examinations that police, firefighters, etc go through.

And apparently you've never applied for health insurance, either.

Carry on.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Check a box on the questionnaire, regarding heart disease, mental health, diabetes, "Have you ever been prescribed?" and so on, and see what happens.

If there are questions regarding my health on a questionnaire , that too is against the law...

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms specifies:

Equality Rights15.(1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to

the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in

particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin,

colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as

its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or

groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or

ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Therefore it is illegal for an employer to require medical information as a determinant for consideration...

If you checked those boxes regarding heart disease et al, then you did so without regard to the fact that your rights had been violated, too bad for you...

I guess you don't understand the sort of 'fitness for duty' examinations that police, firefighters, etc go through.

And apparently you've never applied for health insurance, either.

Carry on.

I had a fitness exam when I joined the army, many years ago...don't imagine it's all that much different...

I've had health insurance for most of my adult life through one employer or another, and yet have never been asked to give consent to access my medical information, it's none of their business...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If there are questions regarding my health on a questionnaire , that too is against the law...

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms specifies:

Equality Rights15.(1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to

the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in

particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin,

colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as

its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or

groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or

ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Therefore it is illegal for an employer to require medical information as a determinant for consideration...

If you checked those boxes regarding heart disease et al, then you did so without regard to the fact that your rights had been violated, too bad for you...
Well in your defence, I did say run with it.

First, set Google to "Pages from Canada". Then look up Oaks Test, and then Google "Fired for failing to disclose full medical history".

And get back to me.

I had a fitness exam when I joined the army, many years ago...don't imagine it's all that much different...

I've had health insurance for most of my adult life through one employer or another, and yet have never been asked to give consent to access my medical information, it's none of their business...
Have you used your employee health insurance, ie: dental?

I too had an Army physical. As did my son. An no, it isn't all that much different. Not only do they ask about your medical history. If you lie, and they find out later, you can be discharged.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
You have never given permission for access to your medical history for insurance? I would have to conclude that you have never actually applied for any medical insurance, because that is one of the things you agree to by signing the form.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You have never given permission for access to your medical history for insurance? I would have to conclude that you have never actually applied for any medical insurance, because that is one of the things you agree to by signing the form.
Uh huh, lol. How else can they screw you over, by claiming your claim is the result of a preexisting condition?

Well it's either that, or they employ the amazing Kreskin.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
wow.... the silence is deafening.

Easy gerry, some of us do work between posts...

Any insurance I've had has been through my employer, who never asked, and I never told...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
You mean that you have never signed the application form?

Likely, but there was no consent form to give access to medical history...that would be unethical...

Actually, I'm looking at the website for our group health coverage right now, and there's no mention of requiring medical history, so no consent was given by me for this coverage...

I did consent to a credit check to get to the position I'm in now, which I thought was rather odd, but at the time it didn't really matter to me...I don't think I'd consent to that again though...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and no comment on the link I provided which shows that, depending on the job, one is required to provide medical history.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
and no comment on the link I provided which shows that, depending on the job, one is required to provide medical history.

Don't know about police forces in Quebec, but I just went through the application questionnaire for RCMP and apart from a section asking to disclose any prescription drugs you might have abused, there is nothing requiring disclosure of medical information...

Just checked the site for SQ recruitment and apparently they do ask for medical history...at least that's what Google translate told me...

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In Soviet America, TV watches you.
Here our computers watch us.

Another Con nut job! You are a shining example of what not to be when we grow up.

Did someone open the gates of hell?
Calling someone a nutjob violates forum rules. I disagree with Con too, but that's no reason to resort to name calling. You should be able to debate Con without breaking forum rules.

Correct, those are my values.

If you can't take care of your own kids, why have them?

Sometimes it takes scrafice, something many modern families are not willing to do.

Perhaps one less car, one less trip, one less big screen tv, one less golf game or one less empty room in the house could afford people the ability to saty home with the kids.

Heck, some people work and sink that income into daycares or Nannies....seems selfish to me.

Perhaps I am wrong.

No.....

For some families, having one parent stay home means giving up food, clothing and shelter. The sad truth is no family can live on two minimum wage jobs, let alone one. Families in this situation have to make tough decisions.

In the long term it may make sense for both parents to work minimum wages jobs even if one job pays day care.... if their jobs have an opportunity for career advancement. Also it makes sense to use day care if one parent works and the other is taking courses...

Also it makes sense for professional families to use day care.. ie. one parent is a doctor and the other is a lawyer, especially if they still haven't paid back their student loans. Waiting to kids children may not be practical... biologically

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Everyone's situation is different. I wouldn't presume to tell a parent how to raise their child unless they were abusing their child in some manner.

In the case of Mom and Dad have minimum wages jobs and a single child, day care might make sense. The second job could make the difference between living in a crappy 1 room apartment and living in the street or on welfare. Also their child hasn't a chance for a post secondary education unless they both work and put aside money for university. Also there is a better chance if both of them work, that one of them might earn a promotion to a better paying job eventually leading to a way out of extreme poverty.