Wheat board monopoly to end

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When the CWB is eliminated will the pool system end or does it put the pool in the hands of foreign nationals like OPEC who can and will gouge you?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
When the CWB is eliminated will the pool system end or does it put the pool in the hands of foreign nationals like OPEC who can and will gouge you?
What does that have to with the fact that you agree the CWB is exactly like OPEC?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What does that have to with the fact that you agree the CWB is exactly like OPEC?
As a pool system it is identical but gouging was kept in check by gov. If you want a private pool system like OPEC that will gouge the end user then by jove you've got one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's called the pool system just like oil uses.

And just look at how that, artificially inflated, commodity is used to gouge the end user.

Exactly so why aren't small oil producers selling value added product directly to the buyer like you and me?
You already admitted the CWB was just like OPEC.

Which artificially manipulates prices. Not good for the end user.

As a pool system it is identical but gouging was kept in check by gov. If you want a private pool system like OPEC that will gouge the end user then by jove you've got one.
And your point is what now?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You the end user who has been bitching about a privatized pool system like oil and OPEC price gouging.

This is food we are talking about here bub. You can choose not to drive but you can't choose to not eat.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You the end user who has been bitching about a privatized pool system like oil and OPEC price gouging.
Have we reached that point of the conversation where you make stuff I didn't say already?

This is food we are talking about here bub. You can choose not to drive but you can't choose to not eat grain products.
FIFY, and actually, the reverse is more likely.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Have we reached that point of the conversation where you make stuff I didn't say already?

FIFY, and actually, the reverse is more likely.
No complaints about artificial inflation and gouging. You must enjoy it if you say you aren't complaining?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear
And just look at how that, artificially inflated, commodity is used to gouge the
end user.

Captain knew he was ****ed when private oil distribution pools were brought into play. What's your problem?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No complaints about artificial inflation and gouging. You must enjoy it if you say you aren't complaining?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear
And just look at how that, artificially inflated, commodity is used to gouge the
end user.​
Yep you got me, my apologies.

What's your problem?
Obviously the same as yours, you agreed with me.

Remember?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah a pool system. A private one compared to a public one. How is the private one treating you these days?
What does that have to do with the fact that you agree that OPEC and the CWB are the same?

Sharing the same negative traits.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah both are pools. One public to protect producers and consumers the other private and unregulated that manipulates and gouges because it can. End of the CWB isn't going to be the end of pooled sales just the protection we both enjoy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah both are pools. One public to protect producers and consumers the other private and unregulated that manipulates and gouges because it can. End of the CWB isn't going to be the end of pooled sales just the protection we both enjoy.
The CWB wasn't created to protect producers and consumers. It was created to control grain prices.

It is now what it always has been, a way to make money by cornering a market. Like all marketing boards.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where the hell did you come up with that conspiracy theory? So why would the Feds uncorner the market and lose out on what they created?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Where the hell did you come up with that conspiracy theory? So why would the Feds uncorner the market and lose out on what they created?
What conspiracy theory? Those are the facts. Look up the history of the CWB and marketing boards. Common theme, control prices.

Producers don't usually pour milk into streams, or plow under part of their crops, because they don't get fined for over producing.

Kind of like turning off the taps, when you want to raise oil prices.

But hey, you see a threat to your bottom line, I would imagine you would want to defend your meal ticket.

Who knew you and big corp had so much in common.