What would YOU want to hear at church?

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC
looseassociations.wordpress.com
Haven't you learned yet that you should be suspicious of claims that sound too good to be true? Not quite free either, is it. You have to agree to be subservient to an absolute authority that can convict you of thought crime even while you sleep, that condemns you for being merely human, that by any logic I understand knowingly created you sick and demands you be well, and if you refuse this kind offer of an unyielding certainty and total subservience, it's the fires of Hell for you. That's not a gift, that's a cup of poison. You can choose such slavery if it suits you, but for me, no thanks, I'll take my chances on my own.

You're babbling on about the gospel, of which you apparently have no understanding, so you might save face by instead talking about something you do understand.

He's not "convicting me of thought crime even while I sleep." Rather, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1).

I joyfully agree to be subservient to the one good master. We're all a slave to something. Only some of us are a slave to the Good Master.

He didn't "create me sick." I inherited a disease from my father Adam, as did you... if it were not so, God would have had to break his promise upon their disobedience -- and He is not a promise-breaker.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I didn't ask, "what would you want to hear me say in this forum"... I said," what would you want to hear at church?" The reason I asked, is so that I could go straight to my pastor and ask him to answer these questions in a sermon at church!

yeah, which one of these questions have you felt YOU need an answer to?

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC
Anyway at a church I would like to hear the wind in the trees, and I bloody well could because in fact a church is not a goddman building, it is the lords house and the lord lives in you, in the temple, christ does not and cannot live in a bloody brick building.

You are correct that God doesn't live in brick buildings, but in human hearts. It just so turns out that human beings, when not outdoors, spend time indoors -- in houses, at school, and in church buildings. Biblical Christians refer to the church as the fellowship of saints, the bride of Christ, and none claim that God needs a building.

yeah, which one of these questions have you felt YOU need an answer to?

I wrestle with questions like this all the time. I'm not ignoring or censoring anything. I'm the one who invited your answers in the first place, remember?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You are correct that God doesn't live in brick buildings, but in human hearts. It just so turns out that human beings, when not outdoors, spend time indoors -- in houses, at school, and in church buildings. Biblical Christians refer to the church as the fellowship of saints, the bride of Christ, and none claim that God needs a building.

I wrestle with questions like this all the time. I'm not ignoring or censoring anything. I'm the one who invited your answers in the first place, remember?

The heart is a pump made of carnal flesh, god lives in the self conscious mind of man. Christs bride is matter, reread the wedding. I enjoy religious talk and I like religious people. At least they know there's something missing in their lives.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No.... Actually, you wanted to know what questions we would like to hear answered in a Christian church, then took it upon yourself to answer and/or condemn, in this Forum, they who didn't fit into your narrow slot. Are you going to tell your "pastor" that too?

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC
No.... Actually, you wanted to know what questions we would like to hear answered in a Christian church, then took it upon yourself to answer and/or condemn, in this Forum, they who didn't fit into your narrow slot. Are you going to tell your "pastor" that too?

I shouldn't be permitted to have an opinion in the conversation I started? Or, I shouldn't be somebody with a persuasion or point-of-view, especially if it coincides with that of my pastor with whom I have aligned? I don't know exactly what your complaint is.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why do you need a pastor to tell you what god is all about? Are you too dumb or too lazy to find out for yourself?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why do you need a pastor to tell you what god is all about? Are you too dumb or too lazy to find out for yourself?

Good one Cliff- another might be "when did God give peope the right to judge other people and to stick their nose into places it doesn't belong". :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How come all we got is christians to throw stones at? Why don't CCC attract a wider spectrum of target religions. They all make slightly different peals when you ding em eh. My heart goes out to them though limping around in the dark like that never knowing the true christos.

Judge not lest yea be stoned. Where are my damn matches?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I shouldn't be permitted to have an opinion in the conversation I started? Or, I shouldn't be somebody with a persuasion or point-of-view, especially if it coincides with that of my pastor with whom I have aligned? I don't know exactly what your complaint is.

Everyone has the right to their opinions. After all, isn't personal comfort in ones self not what Faith really is?

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for
“Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.”
(Romans 10:14-18 )

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Wothehell could the strategy have been, lets set this up so the message gets spread as slowly as possible with maximal chances of being corrupted?

Who says he did?

What about all those poor souls that happen to worship in
some other religion that happens to not be the one you
follow? Are they all doomed for following (in your opinion)
false idols or God's or whatever?

Short answer, IMO, Nope.

You can be as religious as you like but don't preach your sh*t to me..

Considering this is a forum, and you are NOT obligated to read any particular threads, no one is preaching to you or anyone else. Unless you allow it, and if that is the case, you have no right to whine about it.

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for
“Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.”
(Romans 10:14-18 )

The only "hearing" and "listening" you need is to hear and listen to Christ and his Father. No mortal man has the inside scoop. You don't need to listen to ANY man's interpretation of Christ's or his Fathers words. You need only listen and hear Christs words and explanations that he gives to you.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
'' Gopher ~ here is the wealthy wife you've been looking for all these years ...

... like Sarah, she will select (at your option) as many concubines and mistresses as you may wish and will call you "Master" as good Christian women are commanded to do (I Peter 3:6). She will be more valuable than rubies and will provide you with all those goods things in life ... ''

:)

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC
Who says he did?
The only "hearing" and "listening" you need is to hear and listen to Christ and his Father. No mortal man has the inside scoop. You don't need to listen to ANY man's interpretation of Christ's or his Fathers words. You need only listen and hear Christs words and explanations that he gives to you.

Hi gerryh, I agree with you there... it's just that God arranged that the gospel is delivered through preachers, even as at other times He has appointed weak men to act as prophets, priests, kings, preachers, elders, deacons...

BUT I hear what you're saying about "interpretation." We need to be wary of mortal man's interpretation. We need to discern always what we hear against the Word of God, as did the Jews in Berea examine what Paul and Silas said against scripture (Acts 17.)

Thanks for your thoughts,
Paul

'' [snip...] will call you "Master" as good Christian women are commanded to do (I Peter 3:6). She will be more valuable than rubies and will provide you with all those goods things in life ... ''
You think the 2012 American model of marriage is better? is working?
P.S. Abraham and Sarah were sinners needing the Gospel too.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You think the 2012 American model of marriage is better? is working?

and what model is that? I don't like open ended questions that are open to interpretation. Be more specific.

ps..I've been married for over 23 years and have 7 kids.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
okay, i'm talking about living/sleeping with your girlfriend, 50% divorce rate, abortions, and all the damage these do to our children and our society.

I have no problem with ADULTS living together before getting married.... or even just living together and never getting married. It's commitment that I am more concerned with.

Abortion is wrong. It is taking a life. Man does not have the right to take anothers life.

adopted

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2008
BC
I have no problem with ADULTS living together before getting married.... or even just living together and never getting married. It's commitment that I am more concerned with.

Abortion is wrong. It is taking a life. Man does not have the right to take anothers life.

Hi, okay, you do believe in ethics, so I presume you also believe in God...

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
If God is a loving and caring God full of understanding and acceptance how come he
allows so many people who claim to represent him to be narrow minded, morally
bankrupt and, completely off Gods message of compassion and forgiveness?

Have you forgotten the countless Christian-based charities and everyday churches that strive to give, give, give? And they give to people regardless of who they are, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, or atheist. Orphanages get built, wells are dug, children that God hasn't forgotten about get shoes, medicine, education, and surgeries to fix things like cleft palates and crossed eyes. Don't kid yourself.

Fading School Dreams - CBN.com - YouTube

Have you forgotten that any Muslim, atheist, agnostic or witch is perfectly welcome to come to church? They don't have to worship, sing, donate money, repent, or make any commitment of any kind. They're free to ask questions, pray however they wish, or leave at anytime. Church's are actually thrilled when non-believers attend. C'mon in!

Help to the Homeless - CBN.com - YouTube

"We're looking for an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus."

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Have you forgotten that any Muslim, atheist, agnostic or witch is perfectly welcome to come to church? They don't have to worship, sing, donate money, repent, or make any commitment of any kind. They're free to ask questions, pray however they wish, or leave at anytime. Church's are actually thrilled when non-believers attend. C'mon in!
I thought you didn't do church.

BTW, I have been in almost every denominations' churches. Some are warm and welcoming and some become suddenly really cold if you question them. The most welcome and friendly bunch were Baha'i. The coldest were Pentecostal.