What do you fear the most?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I've driven a car since before I was allowed a licence, I was fourteen, I am a good
driver, have driven all over, used to drive teams of girls, (hockey and softball) all
over the place, even all over state of washington and parts of oregon, and have
never been apprehensive about being on the road, BUT, I am beginning to have
a fear of an accident, guess it's because I'm older now, and maybe a little more
fragile with my thinking and fears.
Have seen results of many motor vehicle accidents, and they are not pretty, but
I am now fearful, and don't really want to travel by road much anymore, (long
trips), feel more comfortable staying on the island.
Is it just me or?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Talloolla made me think a bit. I fear car crashes with kids involved.
I fear for Earth.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
In the end, who do you think will suffer the most? Earth or Humanity?
I used to fear for our survival, now I don't care.
People will of course. We'll be gone but Earth will still have to heal from a severe lack of biodiversity, a tremendous amount of pollution, etc. Although I love people, I still love Earth more.
Why you ask?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
People will of course. We'll be gone but Earth will still have to heal from a severe lack of biodiversity, a tremendous amount of pollution, etc. Although I love people, I still love Earth more.
Why you ask?
You said you feared for Earth. Earth has undergone radical changes in the past - wiping out the dinosaurs and 90% of all species - I think she will recover from humanity. We will be replaced just like after every other great cataclysmic event.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I fear an Armageddon/Super Plague/Captain Tripps type scenario. And in order to feed this fear, I read every book ever written on the topic.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I bet you love horror movies as well the post apocalyptic kind.
Pretty much. My daughter and I watched the one with Will Smith about 12 times. The Road is presently my favorite book on the topic. That and the one I'm reading. All the Christians died. :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I fear an Armageddon/Super Plague/Captain Tripps type scenario. And in order to feed this fear, I read every book ever written on the topic.

If that's your fear at least enjoy the long life you will have before having to face that eventuality. Live one day at a time.