What do you fear the most?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
An interesting thread - I totally missed it; and I also missed welcoming you, ALLEY.

Belated, but here now is my welcoming mat for you...

I hope you have no fear of black cats?:lol:

Thanx for the official welcome loon! I've made a lot of friends here, and have had total blast with some serious threads, as well as complete laff fests on others... ah, good times! :p

I'm not afraid of black cats at all, in fact, I own two.:smile::cool:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Thanx for the official welcome loon! I've made a lot of friends here, and have had total blast with some serious threads, as well as complete laff fests on others... ah, good times! :p

I'm not afraid of black cats at all, in fact, I own two.:smile::cool:

Actually Alley, if truth be know. we don't own cats. They own us. You know by watching them that they think god created humans to take care of them. That's why they alwayz stick their butts in your face as they walk away, as if to say, "you know what you can kiss, Bubb!"

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Actually Alley, if truth be know. we don't own cats. They own us. You know by watching them that they think god created humans to take care of them. That's why they alwayz stick their butts in your face as they walk away, as if to say, "you know what you can kiss, Bubb!"

:lol::lol::lol: So true! Mine have me totally programmed! :lol::lol::lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
And in this order:

1. Not preventing something bad happening to my daughter when I could have.

2. Giving in to hysteria.

3. Giving up control. I don't do it often and I don't do it happily.

For now. It's changed and evolved and somethings I use to be afraid of I no longer fear as much.

Alley! Welcome!! I hope you don't think I'm being too forward but {{{{{{{{{{{{welcoming hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Feel free to reciprocate....

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
also - a fear of fear - the feelings of fear. It is a phobia and it's the fear of thousands of people.
I just realized that I made it sound like I was saying a person feared thousands of people. I was saying that thousands have this fear.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I just realized that I made it sound like I was saying a person feared thousands of people. I was saying that thousands have this fear.

Actually our politicians and media have manipulated millions of people to fear millions of people of different faiths and skin colour (Muslims and Arabs). That's not a phobia, its just crazy.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I fear the fear itself

yeah same here. It's the reason I'm afraid of becoming hysterical..hysteria IS the result of loosing control of your fear.

ugh, just thinking about it causes the adrenaline glands to start up. Hate that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I fear the afraid. If I had it my way, 3/4 of people would be on xanax and given pacifiers, bibs, diapers and banned from watching TV.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I fear:

1) dissapointment (to others and myself)
2) diseases
3) not being enough for someone
4) studying
5) work

I take it you fear work not because the work itself sucks, but because some of the people do. Perhaps people who aren't "for" you so to speak? Just be friendly towards them and keep up the good attitude. That way they have no ammo. :cool:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A lot of people are afraid of those who are happy all the time. It annoys the hell out of them. Sometimes I wonder why some people just don't explode - their head pop like a balloon. Anger (behind all anger is fear) and stress are rampant in our society and I can see why some people go on shooting rampages. What I find surprising is that it doesn't happen more often.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Anger (behind all anger is fear) and stress are rampant in our society and I can see why some people go on shooting rampages. What I find surprising is that it doesn't happen more often.
Fear of the consequences of going to jail and fear of death and the boogeyman gods thus not blowing their brains out after a shooting spree.