What do you fear the most?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's interesting that they are two thinks you are basically powerless to prevent or control. You are going to suffer pain and loss in life and there are no two ways around it.
Do you suppose you see those two aspects as a representation of something else?

No, they're not representations of anything else... they are the seat of virtually every fear anyone will ever express.

A fear is born from either the fear of losing something or someone, or experiencing pain. If you look critically at it, and realize that you're not afraid of dentists, you're afraid of the pain they might bring on... you're not afraid of car accidents, you're afraid of pain and loss.... then you stop stressing about the car, about the dentist, and just realize that it's something way bigger and, essentially, inevitable and out of your control that's at work.

I fear pain and loss. That's all.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I can't think of anything off hand. I don't generally think about such things though. I suppose there are a great many things I would rather didn't happen.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Right Wing Nazi Conservatives such as Herr Harpo, who will not even countenance the fact that someone else might have a legitimate point of view, keeps himself well isolated from the great unwashed, and promises us a totalitarian George Bullsh i t Canada, replete with trickle down economics, our kids in Iraq, following lockstep into economic oblivion.

:angry3:

gallivant101

Oct 6, 2008
Mississippi
1)The effect of the political views most people around me have. (Mississippi)
2)Doing something that would hurt my parents.
3)Sarah Palin

In no particular order.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Right Wing Nazi Conservatives such as Herr Harpo, who will not even countenance the fact that someone else might have a legitimate point of view, keeps himself well isolated from the great unwashed, and promises us a totalitarian George Bullsh i t Canada, replete with trickle down economics, our kids in Iraq, following lockstep into economic oblivion.

:angry3:

......I'll put a BIG second.....

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Canadian conspirators.......and imported thugs.

Last edited:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I'd like to add one to the list please:

cauliflower ear

I don't fear it on other people, just as long as they don't touch me. What I fear is contracting this horrible condition. Its not just caused by punches, any good whack or bump by accident can cause it.8O

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
1)The effect of the political views most people around me have. (Mississippi)
2)Doing something that would hurt my parents.
3)Sarah Palin

In no particular order.
hatred and violence but most of all - indifference.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
also - a fear of fear - the feelings of fear. It is a phobia and it's the fear of thousands of people.

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
I also fear that no one will ever officially welcome me to this forum......no, no, no..... don't worry about it.....I'm okay.....I just got something in my eye.....:(
LOL Alley....belated "welcome" even though I came along long after you!

I fear guns,
violence,
for my children's future,
and last but not least....dying a horrible death (not death itself)!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
An interesting thread - I totally missed it; and I also missed welcoming you, ALLEY.

Belated, but here now is my welcoming mat for you...

I hope you have no fear of black cats?:lol: