un freaking believable

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The training that an elite counter-terrorism unit does is different from the stuff they are doing at Borden.

There is no evidence to suggest that JTF2 can't train on this piece of land. The fact that they currently train on a 80 hectar facility seems to logically suggest that 400 hectars is more than enough.

You said it numerous times.

WE never said they couldn't, only that they shouldn't.
If they can train on 80h now why do they all of a sudden feel the for 400h? And why not just expand the grounds they have now instead of building a whole new facility at great expense to taxpayers that have no desire for this new playground that we, who must foot the bill are excluded from?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Oooh, so it's a matter of you don't know what's at Borden or what the training requirements of a unit like the JTF is.

That explains a lot.

Maybe you should do a little research, before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

I think we have gone over this "you don't know Borden" thing more than enough times. I don't know why you think that Borden is some secretive place that only you know of, but it is pretty common knowledge.

I don't think you really understand the requirements of JTF 2. They operate under a higher level of secrecy than other units. Everyone on their base, right down to the janitors and food service workers, have to have a higher security clearance than on other bases. You can't drop them into an existing training facility without kicking most of the existing tenants out.

WE never said they couldn't, only that they shouldn't.
If they can train on 80h now why do they all of a sudden feel the for 400h? And why not just expand the grounds they have now instead of building a whole new facility at great expense to taxpayers that have no desire for this new playground that we, who must foot the bill are excluded from?

When they started using that facility, they had 100 members, now it is over 600.

If they wanted to expand that facility, they would run into the same problems since they have neighbors on all sides. The facility is also an old RCMP facility. If they are going to go through the trouble to get land from landowners and rebuild, why not do it in a better location?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think we have gone over this "you don't know Borden" thing more than enough times. I don't know why you think that Borden is some secretive place that only you know of, but it is pretty common knowledge.

I don't think you really understand the requirements of JTF 2. They operate under a higher level of secrecy than other units. Everyone on their base, right down to the janitors and food service workers, have to have a higher security clearance than on other bases. You can't drop them into an existing training facility without kicking most of the existing tenants out.

When they started using that facility, they had 100 members, now it is over 600.

If they wanted to expand that facility, they would run into the same problems since they have neighbors on all sides. The facility is also an old RCMP facility. If they are going to go through the trouble to get land from landowners and rebuild, why not do it in a better location?

SO you think prime agricultural land is a better location?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not about the productivity of the land but the fact it was endowed by the king. An endowment is permanent and inalienable.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You don't know why because I don't think that.

Again, stick to what I actually type, you won't look so dishonest and silly.

BTW: You obviously don't know what Borden has to offer.

I don't think you really understand the requirements of JTF 2.
I would wager far more than you do. In fact it's certain I do.

Which is why I would suggest Borden over Trenton, knowing the full scale needs of the whole of their training requirements and how the unit operates. As well as bringing the whole of CANSOFCOM together, making them a far more effective unit.

If you did actually know a fraction of what is required, you would probably agree, even minimally, that Borden would make more sense.

If they are going to go through the trouble to get land from landowners and rebuild, why not do it in a better location?
Why not do it where all training requirements and administration requirements can be met, while utilizing an already under utilized base some 10 times in total size.

SO you think prime agricultural land is a better location?
Some people won't be happy until an ear of corn or a head of lettuce costs $20.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
The win goes to CDNBear, with the well thought out and logical argument, on the other hand we have bruff who sounds like a politician.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
The win goes to CDNBear, with the well thought out and logical argument, on the other hand we have bruff who sounds like a politician.

Lol, we have Bear who can't even stay on the right topic. Not wanting to anger this one farmer to build a facility for one unit has somehow evolved into moving all of CANSOFCOM to Barrie.

Never mind that you would have to build an entire new base for them there too or kick all the current tenants out.

Only a politician would suggest such a massive undertaking just to create a few jobs in a particular area rather than putting the resources where the military actually wants them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Never mind that you would have to build an entire new base for them there too or kick all the current tenants out.
Look, all you have to do is say you don't know much about Borden, you don't have to embarrass yourself.

We build malls and subdivisions on prime agricultural land all the time. Why don't you protest those?
I do, along with housing developments.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Look, all you have to do is say you don't know much about Borden, you don't have to embarrass yourself.

I do, along with housing developments.
Or property rights.

Cities should be building up not out. There is no shortage of concrete and rebar.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I would wager far more than you do. In fact it's certain I do.

Which is why I would suggest Borden over Trenton, knowing the full scale needs of the whole of their training requirements and how the unit operates. As well as bringing the whole of CANSOFCOM together, making them a far more effective unit.

If you did actually know a fraction of what is required, you would probably agree, even minimally, that Borden would make more sense.

Why not do it where all training requirements and administration requirements can be met, while utilizing an already under utilized base some 10 times in total size.

Why have you not mentioned anything about the secrecy that they require? They are going to need their own separate area no matter what, so they are not going to be using the existing training facilities.

Nobody has suggested moving all of CANSOFCOM until you mistook that as what we were talking about. That is not exactly a great reason to move that many people to Barrie. One of the other units is already at Trenton, and they are building this base for JTF 2, so if they ever do want all of CANSOFCOM in one base, it looks like Trenton would be the only logical option at this point.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

That's right, just keep up the insults rather than actually trying to explain yourself. Then you might realize how stupid your ideas are :)

Secrecy by seclusion in southern ON? Are you nucking futs?

Lol, secure facility, high security clearance for everyone allowed on the base. Lots of places that require the highest possible security clearance are right in Ottawa. It's not about being in the middle of nowhere.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Why have you not mentioned anything about the secrecy that they require?
Because you prefer deflection, not me.

FYI, as close to a city center, and as small as the new Trenton will still be. Borden still comes out on top, lol.

Nice try though, lol.

Nobody has suggested moving all of CANSOFCOM until you mistook that as what we were talking about.
Nope, I expanded to it, because it promotes cohesion and superior tactical advantages.

You just wanna look all smart and stuff.

You failed.

That is not exactly a great reason to move that many people to Barrie. One of the other units is already at Trenton, and they are building this base for JTF 2, so if they ever do want all of CANSOFCOM in one base, it looks like Trenton would be the only logical option at this point.
At this point, yes, but that doesn't mean it was the best choice.

Secrecy by seclusion in southern ON? Are you nucking futs?
Even Borden would present risks, but far less than Trenton.

That's right, just keep up the insults rather than actually trying to explain yourself.
I've explained why Borden beats out Trenton, numerous times. Just because that makes you feel inadequate, doesn't change the fact that I have.

Then you might realize how stupid your ideas are :icon_smile:
Says the guy that doesn't know anything about either base, other than what he gleaned off wikiality, lol.

Lol, secure facility, high security clearance for everyone allowed on the base.
So we can add that you don't know anything about Trenton to you list of failings, lol.

There's two fairly major thoroughfares running right through the base, lol.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's right, just keep up the insults rather than actually trying to explain yourself. Then you might realize how stupid your ideas are :)

Lol, secure facility, high security clearance for everyone allowed on the base. Lots of places that require the highest possible security clearance are right in Ottawa. It's not about being in the middle of nowhere.
Are this guy's cattle halal?