un freaking believable

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So why would a road effect that?
Access, larger population, unusual people coming and going don't stand out, and so on.

Closing down the roads through Trenton would be real interesting to see, since one is actually a major thoroughfare (Which coincidently runs right along the airfield, lol), while Borden can be sealed, since all roads on base are, well, on base, lol.

Keep grasping at those straws Ruffy, it's funny to watch.

Maybe you should take a break, hop in the car and take a drive to Trenton, and then Borden. At the very least you wouldn't make such a fool out of yourself.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Access, larger population, unusual people coming and going don't stand out, and so on.

Closing down the roads through Trenton would be real interesting to see, since one is actually a major thoroughfare (Which coincidently runs right along the airfield, lol), while Borden can be sealed, since all roads on base are, well, on base, lol.

Keep grasping at those straws Ruffy, it's funny to watch.

Maybe you should take a break, hop in the car and take a drive to Trenton, and then Borden. At the very least you wouldn't make such a fool out of yourself.

Nobody is talking about closing down the road. Where do you get these ideas?

The JTF 2 facility is separate from the general base.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nobody is talking about closing down the road. Where do you get these ideas?
You, mister security, lol.

A major thoroughfare running along side an airfield used by super secret unit, is a pretty big security hole.

The JTF 2 facility is separate from the general base.
So you're saying they will be building a whole new airfield?

You're falling apart Ruffy, the straws aren't helping you.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They trained quite nicely in St. Paul when they were the Airborne. Why move to new digs when what they had worked just fine?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
They trained quite nicely in St. Paul when they were the Airborne. Why move to new digs when what they had worked just fine?
Where they were in Dwyer Hill was getting a little cramped. Not to mention how far spread out the whole command is.

Which is why Borden would be the best option.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
You, mister security, lol.

A major thoroughfare running along side an airfield used by super secret unit, is a pretty big security hole.

So you're saying they will be building a whole new airfield?

You're falling apart Ruffy, the straws aren't helping you.

Nobody said they can't ever step on land that has less security clearance.

Their training facility and billets are in a secret level facility. They have always used airfields with less.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where they were in Dwyer Hill was getting a little cramped. Not to mention how far spread out the whole command is.

Which is why Borden would be the best option.

From what you've posted I'd have to somewhat agree but an east/west division makes sense too.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nobody said they can't ever step on land that has less security clearance.
Training flights and deployment time are pretty darn critical.

At Trenton, they can be ID'd on their way to, or on the tarmac. Borden can be sealed.

Anyways, you started with rapid response, and failed.
You moved to training facilities, and failed.
You then went on to making things up, and failed.
Then on to making comparisons between Borden and Trenton without basis in reality.
Then you wanted to try a kick at security, and have again, failed.

Really dude, I admire your tenacity, seriously. But you aren't going to win. As much as that must hurt that fragile ego of yours.

From what you've posted I'd have to somewhat agree but an east/west division makes sense too.
Thanks. It might but I haven't really given it much thought.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Training flights and deployment time are pretty darn critical.

At Trenton, they can be ID'd on their way to, or on the tarmac. Borden can be sealed.

Anyways, you started with rapid response, and failed.
You moved to training facilities, and failed.
You then went on to making things up, and failed.
Then on to making comparisons between Borden and Trenton without basis in reality.
Then you wanted to try a kick at security, and have again, failed.

Do you always self declare "victory"? Is that easier than providing a shred of evidence to back up your points?

Constantly saying "you don't know......" isn't an argument.

The benefits of the location in terms of response time are undeniable. They can obviously train on 400h of land if they were already doing it on 80h before.

And yes, security clearance is an issue for Borden. They need to build a separate area for JTF2 there as well, or move most of the other units out.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Do you always self declare "victory"?
Only when my opponent isn't bright enough, or is to blinded by their ego to see they've lost it.

Is that easier than providing a shred of evidence to back up your points?
Dude, I don't actually know where to go to get you links on the emptiness that is Borden now, or what it has on base. I hunt and fish in the area, I've trained there.

I've been on Trenton, flown in and out of it. Visited my kids there when they were in the Cadets. So I know it well too.

Constantly saying "you don't know......" isn't an argument.
Relying on wikiality isn't helping you much, lol. At least I'm relying on what I actually know, not what you can glean from the net.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Only when my opponent isn't bright enough, or is to blinded by their ego to see they've lost it.

Dude, I don't actually know where to go to get you links on the emptiness that is Borden now, or what it has on base. I hunt and fish in the area, I've trained there.

I've been on Trenton, flown in and out of it. Visited my kids there when they were in the Cadets. So I know it well too.

Relying on wikiality isn't helping you much, lol. At least I'm relying on what I actually know, not what you can glean from the net.

Again, you avoid the substantive points just to bicker about how you know more than me.

If you do, show it by answering the real points.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The benefits of the location in terms of response time are undeniable. They can obviously train on 400h of land if they were already doing it on 80h before.
They didn't just train in Dwyer Hill.

If you knew anything about the Armed Forces, you wouldn't make such idiotic statements.

And yes, security clearance is an issue for Borden.
Not as bad as Trenton.

They need to build a separate area for JTF2 there as well...
So? There's ample space for them to do so. Not to mention all the facilities they would need to train, all the infrastructure they could utilize.

... or move most of the other units out.
Move them out of places they aren't using? really?

Again, you avoid the substantive points just to bicker about how you know more than me.
I'm ignoring stupidity based on what you gleaned from wikiality. Apart from that, there was nothing substantive in the post I quoted, just more of your injured ego poking through.

If you do, show it by answering the real points.
I have, you keep changing them as I take them apart.

Get your ego in check, you look more and more foolish. At any rate, we've descended into bickering, you keep changing you angle of attack, when I point out the flaw. So lets agree to disagree. You're reliance on wikiality makes you a waste of time.

Last edited:

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
They didn't just train in Dwyer Hill.

If you knew anything about the Armed Forces, you wouldn't make such idiotic statements.

If you they were at Borden, they still wouldn't do 100% of their training there. Nobody in the army does that.

What specifically do you think they can't do on this 400h piece of land?

Not as bad as Trenton.

So? There's ample space for them to do so. Not to mention all the facilities they would need to train, all the infrastructure they could utilize.

Move them out of places they aren't using? really?

You need to learn how sentences work apparently.

They have to build them their own facility or kick most of the other people out because of the higher security measures around JTF2. They have to build them their own facility either way, and they already have the land by Trenton. Given that, what is really the advantage of Borden?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We build malls and subdivisions on prime agricultural land all the time. Why don't you protest those?

There is likely a wider criteria for building malls. First they are patronized by all segments of society, able, disabled, strong, frail, old, young, smart, stupid and safety for all has to be addressed. Vehicle access and parking is important. Ease of egression is important in case of emergency. Anyway building one on a mountain just won't work.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
What would be the optimal location for JTF2 to be based at?

The military has stated Trenton, since all of CANSOFCOM is located in Eastern Ontario, one of the other units is already stationed at Trenton, Trenton is the hub for all air lifts and on a major highway connecting the three of the four largest metro areas in Canada, enabling fast response times wherever they may be called.

Bear's arguments seem to boil down to the fact that it should be in Borden because Borden is a big empty **** hole.