The Complete Wikileaks Thread(All threads merged here!)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It would interesting to see how much and to what extent Wikileaks is funded by George Soros, directly, and/or any of his minions, indirectly.

Colpy, would you be happy to kill a flee that came from the body of a grungy mad dog, or would you prefer to dispatch - with all the human kindness, of course - the dog?

I think his idea is to kill the guy who leaked the news that the dog had fleas.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re: U.S. to Canada: WikiLeaks release may hurt relations

It feels like high school. OMG, the teacher took a note I wrote about you, and it says some really horrible things that I was thinking, and you're going to find out all about it. So, sorry! My bad!

Right on there Karrie- or like the person who swears up and down- "I'm not a gossip but some of the people I talk to can't keep their mouths shut". :lol:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Mutton Jeff?

Can anyone name a real crime being commited or is this all just opinion?
Espionage, spying, even theft of service. But lets not forget the sexual assault charge. Pick one, I am sure there are 50-60 charges that he could be charged with.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Espionage, spying, even theft of service. But lets not forget the sexual assault charge. Pick one, I am sure there are 50-60 charges that he could be charged with.

I don't think the sexual assault is going to fly. The guy probably deserves a medal. :smile:

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Re: Wikileaks' Whistleblower Subjected to Inhumane Conditions

The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention

Since his arrest in May, Manning has been a model detainee, without any episodes of violence or disciplinary problems. He nonetheless was declared from the start to be a "Maximum Custody Detainee," the highest and most repressive level of military detention, which then became the basis for the series of inhumane measures imposed on him.

From the beginning of his detention, Manning has been held in intensive solitary confinement. For 23 out of 24 hours every day -- for seven straight months and counting -- he sits completely alone in his cell. Even inside his cell, his activities are heavily restricted; he's barred even from exercising and is under constant surveillance to enforce those restrictions. For reasons that appear completely punitive, he's being denied many of the most basic attributes of civilized imprisonment, including even a pillow or sheets for his bed (he is not and never has been on suicide watch). For the one hour per day when he is freed from this isolation, he is barred from accessing any news or current events programs. Lt. Villiard protested that the conditions are not "like jail movies where someone gets thrown into the hole," but confirmed that he is in solitary confinement, entirely alone in his cell except for the one hour per day he is taken out.

Many Western nations -- and even some non-Western nations notorious for human rights abuses -- refuse to employ prolonged solitary confinement except in the most extreme cases of prisoner violence. "It’s an awful thing, solitary," John McCain wrote of his experience in isolated confinement in Vietnam. “It crushes your spirit." As Gawande documented: "A U.S. military study of almost a hundred and fifty naval aviators returned from imprisonment in Vietnam . . . reported that they found social isolation to be as torturous and agonizing as any physical abuse they suffered." Gawande explained that America’s application of this form of torture to its own citizens is what spawned the torture regime which President Obama vowed to end:
This past year, both the Republican and the Democratic Presidential candidates came out firmly for banning torture and closing the facility in Guantánamo Bay, where hundreds of prisoners have been held in years-long isolation. Neither Barack Obama nor John McCain, however, addressed the question of whether prolonged solitary confinement is torture. . . .

This is the dark side of American exceptionalism. . . . Our willingness to discard these standards for American prisoners made it easy to discard the Geneva Conventions prohibiting similar treatment of foreign prisoners of war, to the detriment of America’s moral stature in the world. In much the same way that a previous generation of Americans countenanced legalized segregation, ours has countenanced legalized torture. And there is no clearer manifestation of this than our routine use of solitary confinement . . . .

In sum, Manning has been subjected for many months without pause to inhumane, personality-erasing, soul-destroying, insanity-inducing conditions of isolation similar to those perfected at America's Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado: all without so much as having been convicted of anything. And as is true of many prisoners subjected to warped treatment of this sort, the brig's medical personnel now administer regular doses of anti-depressants to Manning to prevent his brain from snapping from the effects of this isolation.

The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Hey doesn't Manning kinda remind you guys of that Chinese nobel peace price winner? Hmmmmmmmm....

Yes, absolutely. Why don't we just worry about far away countries', the farther the better, so that we don't even think of what is going on right here at home. Certainly the news media makes an excellent effort of diverting attention to Nigeria, to the Sudan, etc. Yes, I am so worried about Sudanese women getting themselves pregnant that how would I have any energy left to pay attention to domestic human rights abuses.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What 'state" was he working for? This is the first time in history Interpol nabbed somebody for rape. If that avenue were available that rapists filmaker would have been in prison decades ago wouldn't he?

the Fifth Amendment, which is understood to require that property acquired via eminent domain must be put to a "public use".

He did that as required by the Constitution.

IF he stole it which he didn't, it become open to anyone in the US as evidence which is public property and open to public review.

Go ahead charge him. Then all the documents become open to the public by US law.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Mutton Jeff?

Can anyone name a real crime being commited or is this all just opinion?
Silence of the lambs! Mustn't rattle the ogres' cage. They silence those who dare to question their authority to run roughshod over the masses.

Sheeple follow the status quo. Assange is an original and lives outside the box. He appeals to others who live outside the box and pisses off the sheeple who are afraid to come out and breath the air.

The Truth! They can't handle the truth! Can they? They don't even want to know the truth. It scares the crap out of sheeple.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Re: Wikileaks' Whistleblower Subjected to Inhumane Conditions

Yes, absolutely. Why don't we just worry about far away countries', the farther the better, so that we don't even think of what is going on right here at home. Certainly the news media makes an excellent effort of diverting attention to Nigeria, to the Sudan, etc. Yes, I am so worried about Sudanese women getting themselves pregnant that how would I have any energy left to pay attention to domestic human rights abuses.
Precisely. It is all about deflection.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
`bah-ha-ha-ha`, says Colpy.

Silence of the lambs! Mustn't rattle the ogres' cage. They silence those who dare to question their authority to run roughshod over the masses.

Sheeple follow the status quo. Assange is an original and lives outside the box. He appeals to others who live outside the box and pisses off the sheeple who are afraid to come out and breath the air.

The Truth! They can't handle the truth! Can they? They don't even want to know the truth. It scares the crap out of sheeple.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The thread about Assange being in less-than-humane conditions has been merged with this thread. It was about Wikileaks after all.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
How many people on this site believe This Wiki Leak B.S.?.....Just a Question? For Now ...

Prentice was ready to curb oilsands: WikiLeaks - *News - MSN CA

09/11/2009: Ottawa: Ambassador Jacobson and Environment Minister Prentice discuss continental carbon market and oil sands - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

Hmmm -- Very convenient revelation ...My Fishy senses are tingling ..Have been ever since these WikiLeaks managed to Soak through every Level of Security and Saturate/Flood every Information Station....

Stay tuned

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

On my list of interests it ranks 504th, down from 496th a week ago. It's not a matter of believing or disbelieving............it's sensationalism.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
On my list of interests it ranks 504th, down from 496th a week ago. It's not a matter of believing or disbelieving............it's sensationalism.

I somewhat agree JLM ..But I wonder how many people do believe all that was released ...And how this info will be used...To who's benefit?..Be Good to keep an I on it ...

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Both The Guardian and the Associated Press are reporting that the U.N.'s top official in charge of torture is now formally investigating the conditions under which the U.S. is detaining accused WikiLeaks leaker Bradley Manning. Last week, I described the inhumane terms of his detention at a Marine brig in Quantico, Virginia, including being held 23 out of 24 hours a day in solitary confinement for seven straight months and counting as well as other punitive measures (such as strict prohibitions on any exercise inside his cell and the petty denial of pillows and sheets). Manning's lawyer, former U.S. Army Major and Iraq War veteran David Coombs, thereafter publicly confirmed those facts, and then announced two days ago that efforts to persuade brig officials to allow more human conditions have failed, meaning it is likely that Manning will languish under these repressive restraints for many more months to come, at least.

In addition to confirming the facts I reported, Maj. Coombs added several disturbing new ones, including the paltry, isolated terms of Manning's one-hour-a-day so-called "exercise" time (he's "taken to an empty room and only allowed to walk," "normally just walks figure eights in the room," "if he indicates that he no long feels like walking, he is immediately returned to his cell"); the bizarre requirement that, despite not being on suicide watch, Manning respond to guards all day, every day, by saying "yes" every 5 minutes (even though guards cannot and "do not engage in conversation with" him); and various sleep-disruptive measures (he is barred from sleeping at any time from 5:00 am - 8:00 pm, and, during the night, "if the guards cannot see PFC Manning clearly, because he has a blanket over his head or is curled up towards the wall, they will wake him").

U.N. to investigate treatment of Bradley Manning - WikiLeaks - Salon.com