Quebec Election Outcome............

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
LOL, the problem is access to guns. When are you gunna get it, Colpy???

Nope

Richard Henry Bain named as suspect in Quebec election shooting | Canada | News | National Post
Somewhere,i'm sure there are people who knew he was a wackjob,they are partially responsible for the event,since they didn't warn anyone.

And just who is the designated whackjob reportee? He'd be a busy man! Every person in the country could probably think of 3 or 4 who would qualify and then there's the scads who don't even look the part!

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Nope

And just who is the designated whackjob reportee? He'd be a busy man! Every person in the country could probably think of 3 or 4 who would qualify and then there's the scads who don't even look the part!
Its not if he look like a psycho or a sane guy,its if anyone heard him say,he hated the PQ so much,he wanted to kill them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Its not if he look like a psycho or a sane guy,its if anyone heard him say,he hated the PQ so much,he wanted to kill them.

Even something that strong is probably said by 1000 people for every one who actually does it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
A nutcase in a bathrobe.

The rifle looked to me like a CZ 58 7.62 x 39........an unrestricted Czech military rifle

Here comes another round of "quick, ban the gun!"

I'll admit to growing tired of reading about yet another nutcase with a rifle attacking people. I support the right of law abiding, sane citizens owning firearms up to a point. I support hunting, target shooting activities and other legitimate firearm uses... but how do we reduce/eliminate these sorts of violent incidents?... or at least make it difficult for nutcases to use firearms to attack innocent people?

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

In short, we can't.
Could be possible if we had.....

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I agree it's insane to think that will fix everything.

But a lot of good can come from free higher education.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Here in Quebec we have the cheapest education including university in the country. Students complain but most get bursaries and loans and as it is we already pay 82% of their costs. Guess what they do with them, go on vacation, buy cars, buy every new electronic gadget that comes out and of course go out.

Education today cost less than when we sent Michael to CEGEP 1995 and McGill University 1998.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Here in Quebec we have the cheapest education including university in the country. Students complain but most get bursaries and loans and as it is we already pay 82% of their costs. Guess what they do with them, go on vacation, buy cars, buy every new electronic gadget that comes out and of course go out.

Education today cost less than when we sent Michael to CEGEP 1995 and McGill University 1998.
I'm not talking about giving them the cash.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'll admit to growing tired of reading about yet another nutcase with a rifle attacking people. I support the right of law abiding, sane citizens owning firearms up to a point. I support hunting, target shooting activities and other legitimate firearm uses... but how do we reduce/eliminate these sorts of violent incidents?... or at least make it difficult for nutcases to use firearms to attack innocent people?

If he didn't have his snazzy assault rifle, he might have simply walked in the back door and thrown a bucket of gasoline, followed by a match.

Dozens dead.

You can't stop nuts from killing.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
but how do we reduce/eliminate these sorts of violent incidents?... or at least make it difficult for nutcases to use firearms to attack innocent people?

fIrst, we teach people to be people who want to be part of society

second, we exterminate those who don't want to be

Until you're ready to do this, you have to accept that there will be anomalies in the system.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
TenPenny;1644376second said:
exterminate [/B]those who don't want to be

That was what I had in mind for the most heinous offenders to which you took exception! You can't suck and blow at the same time! (Unless you can play the didgeridoo) :lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Charest has resigned. I wonder what he'll be doing next - plotting his comeback?

Oh he will become a director and paid quite well with a number of companies- Remember - He was a Conservative before becoming leader of the Que Liberal Party - Why he has his hand in both parties and many rewards to come.