Quebec Election Outcome............

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think he will do what other party leaders have done in the past,take the district of one of his member,and get elected there.

I hope he makes the wise decision to step aside and let another Liberal take over leadership.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think he will do what other party leaders have done in the past,take the district of one of his member,and get elected there.

No. More than likely he will fall on the sword so to speak and allow the Liberals to rebuild and re-image under a new leader. Losing your govt and your seat (in your hometown) usually is a pretty clear message from the electorate.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Guilty of being an Anglophone?

Let Me Fix That Headline For You

On second thought, let's not.

small dead animals: Let Me Fix That Headline For You

:lol:

or CBC's spin:

" Suspect in fatal PQ victory rally shooting not from Montreal "

Canada - CBC News

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Some separatists are saying the guy is a fedaralist,making connections where i'd guess there are none.

We'll know more in the coming days that the guy is a f***ed up loser,who did not know what he wanted to do.

A nutcase in a bathrobe.

The rifle looked to me like a CZ 58 7.62 x 39........an unrestricted Czech military rifle

Here comes another round of "quick, ban the gun!"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
On a positive note that election outcome was about as good as it gets. None of the lunatics have enough power to do too much damage!

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Bourassa lost his seat and his government, but he bounced back. I don't know, however, if Charest can do the same.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
The CAQ's comments last night were directly in line with working with the PQ.. The CAQ was the LEADER in highlighting the Liberals alliance with the construction unions. a CAQ/Liberal allaince is a non starter... The Liberals are dead accross the board.. This was NOT a Charet issue, it lies at the core of the Liberals... Federal and provincial...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thats sad and scary. I never thought a shooting would happen in Canada over an election result.

Never did find out if the shooting was because the PQ won, or because they didn't get a majority or what. Personally, I don't
mind the election results. It doesn't look like there will be a referendum any time soon and if Marois gets to big for her britches the opposition can always shut her down.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
This guy was another Liberal wing-nut... He was heard yelling:

As he was being led away, the alleged lone gunman shouted: “the anglos are waking up” in French with an English accent. Alternating between English and French he added: “There’s going to be f---ing payback. It’s enough. Wanna make trouble"

The Liberal mentality is that they are OWED the leadership... "Natural governing party" etc.etc...

Never did find out if the shooting was because the PQ won, or because they didn't get a majority or what. Personally, I don't
mind the election results. It doesn't look like there will be a referendum any time soon and if Marois gets to big for her britches the opposition can always shut her down.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
hmm. Apparently the PQ vote actually went down by 3% from the 2008 result. So long as they keep losing support its a good thing.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Liberals are dead accross the board.. This was NOT a Charet issue, it lies at the core of the Liberals... Federal and provincial...

They may have the same name but they are in no way connected to each other.