Quebec Election Outcome............

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh for God sake, the old treason issue. First of all they haven't left yet and the won't
The only reason they are popular at all is because of where they sit on the political
spectrum. If you are going to vote left you vote PQ as the other parties are right of
center. A recent poll shows the popularity for separatism is only 28% yet they do a
lot better at the polls. That is because left of center federalists vote PQ but when the
referendum comes they vote for Canada.
We will see if that changes next election when the NDP enter the race for the next
election.race.
As for the concept of separatism, they don't view Canada first in many cases in that
Province, but they are a minority and I think always will be. There was a defining
moment in the last vote and people really decided the issue and it will go on forever
without resolve. The treason thing to me, is little more than a hysterical exclaim.
The Wild Rose Party is a closet movement with a western vent and they too will never
achieve their goal either.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh for God sake, the old treason issue. First of all they haven't left yet and the won't
The only reason they are popular at all is because of where they sit on the political
spectrum. If you are going to vote left you vote PQ as the other parties are right of
center..

Last I heard Liberal is "Left of centre". I just get tired of their incessant whining, of course they are not going anywhere, because they wouldn't fork over what they owe on the debt anymore than they believe they should pay for their education. Spoilt brats!! 8O

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Liberals will have to get rid of Charest now. They should have probably gotten rid of him a year or two ago. He's a handicap on any future election. I'm glad its a minority and not a majority given its a PQ win. It will be interesting to see how Harper handles this. Its well known that I dont care much for Harper but of all the current federal leaders I think he's the only one who would be willing to stand up to a PQ government.

Last I heard Liberal is "Left of centre". I just get tired of their incessant whining, of course they are not going anywhere, because they wouldn't fork over what they owe on the debt anymore than they believe they should pay for their education. Spoilt brats!! 8O

The word 'liberal' is centrist if anything. The "L" liberal in Quebec is right of centre. Charest was a former PC person. Just as in BC your provincial 'Liberals' are not left of centre. The federal Liberals would be centrist. Its a really misleading name.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The Liberals will have to get rid of Charest now. They should have probably gotten rid of him a year or two ago. He's a handicap on any future election. I'm glad its a minority and not a majority given its a PQ win. It will be interesting to see how Harper handles this. Its well known that I dont care much for Harper but of all the current federal leaders I think he's the only one who would be willing to stand up to a PQ government.

The word 'liberal' is centrist if anything. The "L" liberal in Quebec is right of centre. Charest was a former PC person. Just as in BC your provincial 'Liberals' are not left of centre. The federal Liberals would be centrist. Its a really misleading name.
I think if Charest stays in politics,he could go back to his old place,as a member of the federal conservative.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Strange turn of events...

As Pauline Marois was finishing her speech, she was unexpectedly rushed out of the spotlight by her bodyguards. It seems a man with what seems to be a lethal weapon was arrested outside of the Metropolis where the PQ gathering was happening.

*edit*

It seems 2 people were injured and that a serious fire was started in the building.

The man who was arrested was heard saying ''Les Anglais de réveillent'' (The English are waking up).

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Strange turn of events...

As Pauline Marois was finishing her speech, she was unexpectedly rushed out of the spotlight by her bodyguards. It seems a man with what seems to be a lethal weapon was arrested outside of the Metropolis where the PQ gathering was happening.

When I saw the security people rush her I figured there was fear of an assassination attempt.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Simple.

CAQ and Liberals need to form a coalition to bounce Ms. Franco.....oh, I mean Marois.....out on her ear.

Harper, in the meantime, should say NO to all demands, warn her that any unconstitutional legislation will not make it to the courts as it will be disallowed, and remind her of the SCOC requirements and the Clarity Act in regard to any future referendum.

Time for the spoiled brat of Canada to get a mild spanking.

And I apologize for any unpleasant mental images inspired by that statement.

The CBC is reporting one dead in the shooting......

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Now it's PQ 54 to Liberals 50. So a coalition with the Liberals is still possible, but not likely.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
It certainly is sad.

I read the guy was dressed in a housecoat......probably more crazy than political.

Definitely a wacko. You can disagree all you want with the PQ's policies, but I don't think any of them justify the use of such violence.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
This is perfect , let her run the show and see how far she gets. Watch her blame everyone else tho when things don't work out. Let her burn out . The PQ party will do the rest .

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Simple.

CAQ and Liberals need to form a coalition to bounce Ms. Franco.....oh, I mean Marois.....out on her ear.

Harper, in the meantime, should say NO to all demands, warn her that any unconstitutional legislation will not make it to the courts as it will be disallowed, and remind her of the SCOC requirements and the Clarity Act in regard to any future referendum.

Time for the spoiled brat of Canada to get a mild spanking.

And I apologize for any unpleasant mental images inspired by that statement.

The CBC is reporting one dead in the shooting......
I don't think the CAQ will ally itself with the liberals,the party is apparently for quebec sovereignty,like the PQ and the QS.

I would say the "spoiled brat of canada,doesn't deserve a spanking,but a big bitchslap. :lol:

PS Marois said that she will report to a later time the wanking dream of a referendum,if only the PQ would clean up its ears a little,we already said NOtwice.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
center. A recent poll shows the popularity for separatism is only 28% yet they do a
lot better at the polls. That is because left of center federalists vote PQ but when the
referendum comes they vote for Canada.
We will see if that changes next election when the NDP enter the race for the next
election.race.
As for the concept of separatism, they don't view Canada first in many cases in that
Province, but they are a minority and I think always will be. There was a defining
moment in the last vote and people really decided the issue and it will go on forever
without resolve. The treason thing to me, is little more than a hysterical exclaim.
The Wild Rose Party is a closet movement with a western vent and they too will never
achieve their goal either.

The NDP is right of center?

I don't think the CAQ will ally itself with the liberals,the party is apparently for quebec sovereignty,like the PQ and the QS.

I would say the "spoiled brat of canada,doesn't deserve a spanking,but a big bitchslap. :lol:

PS Marois said that she will report to a later time the wanking dream of a referendum,if only the PQ would clean up its ears a little,we already said NOtwice.

But she doesn't believe that NO means NO.