Pope Benedict XVI to resign due to ‘deteriorating’ health

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And in all honesty, I think it would raise the image of the RCC, if he did cooperate with authorities.

The Church has been, obviously it hasn't helped as there are still many with fu cking blinders on walking around with their fingers stuck in their fu cking ears singing la la la la la la la.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
because he is/was the Pope. Because he is 85 fu cking years old and in failing health. Because NO ONE besides the Catholics have a right to question him.....fu cking period. end of discussion.

What about the victims and the police? Do they not have a right to question him or does being pope grant you blanket immunity from prosecution for anything?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What about the victims and the police? Do they not have a right to question him or does being pope grant you blanket immunity from prosecution for anything?

The Pope didn't abuse anybody. Let them question the abusers, which they have been. Which the Church has given the police access to.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The Pope didn't abuse anybody. Let them question the abusers, which they have been. Which the Church has given the police access to.

Ever hear of 'aiding & abetting' or 'accessory after the fact' or 'conspiracy to commit _______'? If he was actively involved in covering up any of it he is just as culpable as the actual abuser.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ever hear of 'aiding & abetting' or 'accessory after the fact' or 'conspiracy to commit _______'? If he was actively involved in covering up any of it he is just as culpable as the actual abuser.

take your witch hunt somewhere else.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Does anyone really think the Pope in the seclusion of Vatican City is really going to be able to shed the light on some buggering in Lands End Nfld? I know in theory the head honcho is accountable for the entire organization, but realistically it will never happen and probably shouldn't.

You're not making any sense here, Nick!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Children are not Bennies problem, it's his banking that may trouble his much needed rest, in fact it is reported that he will retire to Vatican quarters to pray. Probably to live a few more years. People want their gold I bet. Gods not worried.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Homophobia? 60 years ago and prior when it was illegal to be gay, where did someone go for shelter?

Women are equal in the Church because the Church is the female in the equation.

They can't do the Eucharist for the reason it becomes a spritual lesbian act.

Eurcharist is the Rite joining of the Mater (the Mother Church) and the Pater (Father God), the female and male.

Same goes for marriage. it is also a joining of the male and the female the same way the Eucharist is a joining of the male and female.

The marriage happens during the Eucharist and the boinking session (consecration) afterwards not the vows.

A little insight can go a long way.

Last month the Pope claimed gay marriage would lead to the end of civilization. Thats homophobic fear mongering.

Pope Benedict XVI: His best of the worst - Salon.com

Denying women the eucharist because of a 'spiritual lesbian act' would also be homophobic. So what if they're committing a spiritual lesbian act? What gives something spiritual a gender when it cannot reproduce or have sex anyway?

because he is/was the Pope. Because he is 85 fu cking years old and in failing health. Because NO ONE besides the Catholics have a right to question him.....fu cking period. end of discussion.

Age and health are no excuse or defense. There are also plenty of Catholics who will have no problem carrying out an investigation into what was done with or without the cooperation of the church so at least that part can be satisfied for you. The Church and its people and followers are not above the law of any other country.

Does anyone really think the Pope in the seclusion of Vatican City is really going to be able to shed the light on some buggering in Lands End Nfld? I know in theory the head honcho is accountable for the entire organization, but realistically it will never happen and probably shouldn't.

All he or his successor had/has to do is open up the records and cooperate with law enforcement on investigations. So far he has refused. Hopefully his successor will change that. There are likely many incidents they cant shed light on but there are some they can.

And yes, the person in charge should always be responsible for what goes on under them. The buck stops there. They should be doing all within their power to correct wrongs and accept responsibility for those wrongs. Saying it "will never happen and probobly shouldn't" is insane. Apply that to any company, organization or government and you will give license to everyone to never take responsibility for anything and be accountable to no one. One can argue in many cases they already arent, but thats something that should be reversed not expanded.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
itccs.org

Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of church wealth by Easter

Posted on February 13, 2013 by itccs
Diplomatic Note was issued to Vatican just prior to his resignation

New Pope and Catholic clergy face indictment and arrest as "Easter Reclamation" plan continues

A Global Media Release and Statement from The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

Brussels:
The historically unprecedented resignation of Joseph Ratzinger as Pope this week was compelled by an upcoming action by a European government to issue an arrest warrant against Ratzinger and a public lien against Vatican property and assets by Easter.
The ITCCS Central Office in Brussels is compelled by Pope Benedict's sudden abdication to disclose the following details:
1. On Friday, February 1, 2013, on the basis of evidence supplied by our affiliated Common Law Court of Justice (itccs.org), our Office concluded an agreement with representatives of a European nation and its courts to secure an

DB Catholics, have for many centuries been members of an organized crime. A sabbath donation on the plate may now be seen clearly as accessory to fraud, and racketeering. DB

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Homophobia? 60 years ago and prior when it was illegal to be gay, where did someone go for shelter?

Women are equal in the Church because the Church is the female in the equation.

They can't do the Eucharist for the reason it becomes a spritual lesbian act.

What a kooky religion.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I strongly suspect that his resignation (if not for the reasons he's stated) had more to do with internal politics than with any external force. Especially given the fact that the site states clearly that it will simply press charges against his successor as well. What good would making the pope resign do?

Methinks someone suffers some delusions of grandeur over at itccs

itccs.org

Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of church wealth by Easter

Posted on February 13, 2013 by itccs
Diplomatic Note was issued to Vatican just prior to his resignation

New Pope and Catholic clergy face indictment and arrest as "Easter Reclamation" plan continues

A Global Media Release and Statement from The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

Brussels:
The historically unprecedented resignation of Joseph Ratzinger as Pope this week was compelled by an upcoming action by a European government to issue an arrest warrant against Ratzinger and a public lien against Vatican property and assets by Easter.
The ITCCS Central Office in Brussels is compelled by Pope Benedict's sudden abdication to disclose the following details:
1. On Friday, February 1, 2013, on the basis of evidence supplied by our affiliated Common Law Court of Justice (itccs.org), our Office concluded an agreement with representatives of a European nation and its courts to secure an

DB Catholics, have for many centuries been members of an organized crime. A sabbath donation on the plate may now be seen clearly as accessory to fraud, and racketeering. DB

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That's the good side, the bad side is it isn't for very long.-:)

I strongly suspect that his resignation (if not for the reasons he's stated) had more to do with internal politics than with any external force. Especially given the fact that the site states clearly that it will simply press charges against his successor as well. What good would making the pope resign do?

Methinks someone suffers some delusions of grandeur over at itccs

I know it's not tradition but do you not think that being in failing health at age 86 is not sufficient reason by itself to "pull the pin"? I can't see what HAS been tradition as being sensible.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's the good side, the bad side is it isn't for very long.-:)

I know it's not tradition but do you not think that being in failing health at age 86 is not sufficient reason by itself to "pull the pin"? I can't see what HAS been tradition as being sensible.

I know I might offend some fellow Catholics, but.... no, I don't see failing health as sufficient reason. A well loved pope can still lead while convalescing and sharing his wisdoms in his final years or months. I suspect his reason for leaving is to do with church politics, as he isn't a well loved pope and if in failing health, would likely have parishioners eager for his replacement, rather than his good health. But then, that's just from the viewpoint of one member.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know I might offend some fellow Catholics, but.... no, I don't see failing health as sufficient reason. A well loved pope can still lead while convalescing and sharing his wisdoms in his final years or months. I suspect his reason for leaving is to do with church politics, as he isn't a well loved pope and if in failing health, would likely have parishioners eager for his replacement, rather than his good health. But then, that's just from the viewpoint of one member.

So you are ruling out the possibility that it is just physically impossible for him to carry on? I wouldn't presume to judge a person's ability at age 86.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So you are ruling out the possibility that it is just physically impossible for him to carry on? I wouldn't presume to judge a person's ability at age 86.

If it being physically impossible for him to carry on, was the only reason, they wouldn't be renovating new quarters for him. They'd be putting him in the hospital to die. I suspect there are other factors that are making him bow out with his declining health as his reason/excuse.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If it being physically impossible for him to carry on, was the only reason, they wouldn't be renovating new quarters for him. They'd be putting him in the hospital to die. I suspect there are other factors that are making him bow out with his declining health as his reason/excuse.

I'd hate to hold a position where the only means of abdicating it is to die! But I guess this isn't the first organization where I've heard of that! -:)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'd hate to hold a position where the only means of abdicating it is to die! But I guess this isn't the first organization where I've heard of that! -:)

If you were talking about a typical job, foreman on a job site, accountant, etc., I'd totally agree.

But it's not like he blundered his way into a position of power in the church, or didn't understand what being pope meant in a historical context.

Is it good that he's leaving and shaking up the church? In my opinion yes. I just don't buy that it's all health based.