Pope Benedict XVI to resign due to ‘deteriorating’ health

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh come on admit it, it more than just news. You make sure to tune into the Debaters every Wed morn like clockwork.

Yep, some of their broadcasting can get pretty stupid. Minority groups seem to get the lions share of the broadcast time.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Sort of the same were they not the other Gregory was an idiot too, he sold shares into heaven
to build the St Peters, and he had all kinds of weird ideas. This Pope has a dubious past as
well covering up abuses and some say he spent a little time in the Hitler Youth as well.
I hope they get a Pope that is not so caught up in dogma and actually gets to correcting the ills
of the church if they did that I might even give them a passing thought. This Pope is one of
the most right wing they have had.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Cool.

Does this mean he can be interrogated and if need be, charged with accessory to an indictable offence?

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Need a Pope that will re-state the churchs Family values and hold those values that Catholics and believers hold dear.To Heart..With out question or need for explanation...God rules ...J.C. represents God and those values...Let none tear it apart into pieces..Don't like it ...Don't have to...No one is forcing anyone to do, or be, anything they don't want to be; apart of...

Peace or Pieces?...

1 Peace..

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Every half hour since 5 A.M. I've heard on the news about the shock and disbelief that the Pope is retiring. Enough already - the guy is two months shy of 86 and in poor health! W.T.F.?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Every half hour since 5 A.M. I've heard on the news about the shock and disbelief that the Pope is retiring. Enough already - the guy is two months shy of 86 and in poor health! W.T.F.?

The shock and disbelief is because Popes do NOT resign. Pope John Paul, Pope Benedict's predecessor, stated that a Pope should NOT resign for any reason. He likened it to getting back down off the cross. The last time a Pope resigned was in 1415. THAT is why there is so much shock.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was thinking people were shocked by their radios short circuiting.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The shock and disbelief is because Popes do NOT resign. Pope John Paul, Pope Benedict's predecessor, stated that a Pope should NOT resign for any reason. He likened it to getting back down off the cross. The last time a Pope resigned was in 1415. THAT is why there is so much shock.

Oh, who f'n cares! They should retire the position for eternity. It really is just some old dude in a dress and weird hat who claims he is the voice of god. Most people would get locked up for that sh*t.

While they're at it they should retire every position above the local parish priest because they are all corrupt and, well, pretty much insane in what they believe and practice. Unfortunately they have about a billion followers who are just as insane to believe the sh*t they're shoveling.