Pedophile teacher busted

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Who cares? What kind of individual is it that gives a damn whether some guy who spoon fed a bunch of prepubescent children semen is labled a pedophile or not?

I care. Facts are important to some people. I'm sorry it bothers you.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Just because the police use the label, doesn't mean they are correct.

You're not quite right... it doesn't necessarily make it correct from a psychological standpoint. But I know I don't, the police don't, and the courts won't, give a rats ass about whether children were his preferred target, or an opportunistic target. He's a pedophile by action. The rest we can leave to the shrinks to sort out once he's being force fed in prison.

****Note for all of mankind. If you're concerned with whether or not you are ever incorrectly labeled a pedophile, start with not sexually abusing pre-pubescent children****

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You're not quite right... it doesn't necessarily make it correct from a psychological standpoint. But I know I don't, the police don't, and the courts won't, give a rats ass about whether children were his preferred target, or an opportunistic target. He's a pedophile by action. The rest we can leave to the shrinks to sort out once he's being force fed in prison.

I'm well aware that most people don't give a rats ass when it comes to mental illness. It really is a sad commentary on our society. If more people did care, perhaps initiatives could be taken to identify, treat or manage mental illness before people became victims.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm well aware that most people don't give a rats ass when it comes to mental illness. It really is a sad commentary on our society. If more people did care, perhaps initiatives could be taken to identify, treat or manage mental illness before people became victims.

That's a whole other debate.... is pedophilia a mental illness, or a sexual preference? Even in the psychology community there's still debate on it.

Regardless, once acted upon, it's a matter for prison psychiatrists. If he'd sought treatment beforehand I'd argue for his right to said treatment. he didn't. Instead he repeatedly, thoughtfully, systematically, abused child after child.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Regardless, once acted upon, it's a matter for prison psychiatrists. If he'd sought treatment beforehand I'd argue for his right to said treatment. he didn't. Instead he repeatedly, thoughtfully, systematically, abused child after child.

Why would he seek treatment (if in fact he is mentally ill) given the vitriol spouted by some people. Look at your own statement. You actually think you know what was going on inside his head from reading a news article. Besides, this is a common theme among those that berate the mentally ill. "They should have sought treatment" implies that they are capable of rational, reasonable thought process. Perhaps people should find out if this is a possibility before condemning them.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That's a whole other debate.... is pedophilia a mental illness, or a sexual preference? Even in the psychology community there's still debate on it.

The reason there is a debate about it is that, if it becomes accepted that pedophilia is a sexual preference, it could be protected under the charter.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The reason there is a debate about it is that, if it becomes accepted that pedophilia is a sexual preference, it could be protected under the charter.

Naaah .....the reason there is a debate is because one member can't admit he's wrong...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Why would he seek treatment (if in fact he is mentally ill) given the vitriol spouted by some people. Look at your own statement. You actually think you know what was going on inside his head from reading a news article. Besides, this is a common theme among those that berate the mentally ill. "They should have sought treatment" implies that they are capable of rational, reasonable thought process. Perhaps people should find out if this is a possibility before condemning them.

So, you'd like him, what, snuggled?

Sorry, but he sexually abused a bunch of children, he's a pedophile. The courts will send him to shrinks to sort out what to do with him. From that point, that's their call. They can decide if he fits the 'mentally ill' bill, or the plain old abuser category. You certainly can't decide from that article. Until then, I'm quite content to call a spade a spade.

No it can't. You can't remove one person's rights to give rights to another, and allowing pedophilia very directly removes the rights of children.

What CAN be a result is allowing people to come forward for treatment without repurcussion so long as they haven't molested anyone, but that's another ball of wax.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
No it can't. You can't remove one person's rights to give rights to another, and allowing pedophilia very directly removes the rights of children.

Actually, what it would allow is for fictional depictions of pedophilia to no longer be criminal, as being a pedophile would be a recognized sexual orientation, and therefore protected.

It's something that the NAMBLA has been lobbying for.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So, you'd like him, what, snuggled?

At this point in time, I'm not sure what should be done with him as I don't have enough information but of course, snuggling him would be the only possible alternative.

(Note to JLM - That was sarcasm)

Sorry, but he sexually abused a bunch of children, he's a pedophile.

Yes, according to you and some police Those with considerably more knowledge and understanding will withhold judgement until they have facts. At this point, they would tend to label him a child molester

The courts will send him to shrinks to sort out what to do with him. From that point, that's their call. They can decide if he fits the 'mentally ill' bill, or the plain old abuser category. You certainly can't decide from that article. Until then, I'm quite content to call a spade a spade.

I'm sure you are. Unfortunately for you, you may be calling a heart a spade but hey, knock yourself out if it makes you feel better. What makes me feel better is getting rid of the vindictive bull**** in the criminal justice system and start to focus on prevention, particularly when it comes to mental illness issues. Vince Weiguang Li was known to have had problems and yet nothing was done. People wanted his nuts as well.

BTW, if I remember correctly, you have some health issues. Do people blame you for it?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Whacking off into a teaspoon and feeding it to a kid isn't a health issue - unless he's carrying some sort of infection

I assume you are making that statement based on your psychological or psychiatric assessment of the individual and your vast knowledge and training?

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It was a question. Notice the question mark?
So was my response....

From OP:
They tested a substance on the spoon and found semen containing DNA that matches the teacher's, Scott said.

"We didn't have a felony until the semen was discovered," Scott said.

No assumption or expertise on my part necessary.

ETA: Bringing up someone else's health (as if it's relevant to the topic) is a cheap shot unworthy of even you....

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
At this point in time, I'm not sure what should be done with him as I don't have enough information but of course, snuggling him would be the only possible alternative.

(Note to JLM - That was sarcasm)

Yes, according to you and some police Those with considerably more knowledge and understanding will withhold judgement until they have facts. At this point, they would tend to label him a child molester

I'm sure you are. Unfortunately for you, you may be calling a heart a spade but hey, knock yourself out if it makes you feel better. What makes me feel better is getting rid of the vindictive bull**** in the criminal justice system and start to focus on prevention, particularly when it comes to mental illness issues. Vince Weiguang Li was known to have had problems and yet nothing was done. People wanted his nuts as well.

BTW, if I remember correctly, you have some health issues. Do people blame you for it?

You can't focus on prevention after the fact. I haven't said kill the guy... I haven't said withhold psychiatric attention. All I've done is label his crime. He's a pedophile through action. If you want to get on your high horse about mental health care, trust me, I'm right there with you. But it doesn't erase the facts about his actions, just like being mentally ill doesn't erase the fact that Vince Li cut someone's damn head off.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But it doesn't erase the facts about his actions, just like being mentally ill doesn't erase the fact that Vince Li cut someone's damn head off.

I didn't say it erased what he had done. It should have an impact on how each is treated after the fact and more attention needs to paid before the fact. It's about people's attitudes. Locking people up after they have committed an offense is akin to closing the barn door after the horse escapes. In this case, it may make people feel better but it does nothing to help the kids that were molested. Demonizing people with mental issues is not conducive to getting people to come forward when the start having problems.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How many people would have scoped out (ex) Col. Williams?

Not many. If Williams had just changed his tires a little sooner, chances are that he might have gone
on for a good while longer. It appears his behavior was escalating so it depends on whether he was ready to sit back and hold off for a while.